ANNOUNCEMENT No CGs this week

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
BPmBKR9.png

Ok, so whats the secret mystery trail / puzzle/ lore thing instead, and has Canonn already been notified where to look?;)

Ok, so whats the secret mystery trail / puzzle/ lore thing instead
The Consortium

As interesting as that may be, it doesn't replace the thrill of winged combat to achieve a community goal. Combat / Bounty Hunting CGs are unique in this regard, and I mourn their increasing rarity.

The Consortium

As interesting as that may be, it doesn't replace the thrill of winged combat to achieve a community goal. Combat / Bounty Hunting CGs are unique in this regard, and I mourn their increasing rarity.
Increasing rarity? We get one nearly every week, and sometimes more than one at a time. They used to be months apart.

Increasing rarity? We get one nearly every week, and sometimes more than one at a time. They used to be months apart.
Not according to this:
Bounty CG are very rare...
And someone else (can't find the quote, sorry) said the last bounty hunting CG before the one we just had was in September. 'm taking their word on this, but the reason I asked the question in the first place is that I just happened to come back from a long hiatus to the BH CG three weeks ago, enjoyed it, and was excited for the next one. But instead we got a cargo-only CG (Frontier used to pair Combat and Trade CGs), a mining CG, and now this week no CG. That's three weeks of disappointment for me, and I've lost the injection of enthusiasm for ED that I got from that one and only BH CG.

It's not the end of the world, as I've just gone back to playing other games like I was for almost a year, but I would still be enjoying Elite right now if we had the weekly or even bi-weekly combat-related community goals like we used to. 🤷‍♂️

And as I told someone else, a trading CG that takes place in a system with combat zones and resource extraction sites is NOT a combat CG, but hopefully you know that.

Not according to this:

And someone else (can't find the quote, sorry) said the last bounty hunting CG before the one we just had was in September. 'm taking their word on this, but the reason I asked the question in the first place is that I just happened to come back from a long hiatus to the BH CG three weeks ago, enjoyed it, and was excited for the next one. But instead we got a cargo-only CG (Frontier used to pair Combat and Trade CGs), a mining CG, and now this week no CG. That's three weeks of disappointment for me, and I've lost the injection of enthusiasm for ED that I got from that one and only BH CG.

It's not the end of the world, as I've just gone back to playing other games like I was for almost a year, but I would still be enjoying Elite right now if we had the weekly or even bi-weekly combat-related community goals like we used to. 🤷‍♂️

And as I told someone else, a trading CG that takes place in a system with combat zones and resource extraction sites is NOT a combat CG, but hopefully you know that.
Ah, you mean specifically combat ones? I understand. Although my impression - and it's just that - is that I wouldn't exactly say those are rare either. We've already had, what is it, three this year? And it's only the beginning of April.

Ah, you mean specifically combat ones? I understand. Although my impression - and it's just that - is that I wouldn't exactly say those are rare either. We've already had, what is it, three this year? And it's only the beginning of April.
It used to be the rule rather than the exception that almost every trade CG had a corresponding bounty hunting or combat CG, the idea of "protect the traders against pirates". This way two of the three major professions (exploration being left out) were represented in the majority of CGs. Now if Frontier only wants me playing one weekend a month, well, okay, but I feel they could do better, especially when traders (which includes mining IMO) get so much CG time in comparison.

I'm kinda let down that I had a great experience three weeks ago and have been in a holding pattern ever since, especially having modified some ships for the CG that's yet to come. Like I said, not the end of the world, but it has been a missed opportunity for Frontier to reel in a fish nibbling on the line.

It used to be the rule rather than the exception that almost every trade CG had a corresponding bounty hunting or combat CG, the idea of "protect the traders against pirates". This way two of the three major professions (exploration being left out) were represented in the majority of CGs. Now if Frontier only wants me playing one weekend a month, well, okay, but I feel they could do better, especially when traders (which includes mining IMO) get so much CG time in comparison.

I'm kinda let down that I had a great experience three weeks ago and have been in a holding pattern ever since, especially having modified some ships for the CG that's yet to come. Like I said, not the end of the world, but it has been a missed opportunity for Frontier to reel in a fish nibbling on the line.
I wouldn't include mining CGs in trading. I enjoy trading CGs ... mining, no thanks. Although I did do this one.

I wouldn't include mining CGs in trading. I enjoy trading CGs ... mining, no thanks. Although I did do this one.
In theory mining and trading could be combined into one CG, where traders are allowed to buy mineable ores if they prefer, and miners could just mine them. Both require hauling, but I do see what you are saying (especially if a CG has some artificial rule that rejects purchased minerals). Which brings me back to my big point - every CG could and should provide multiple avenues of gameplay, so that CMDRs don't feel left out for weeks at a time. It's been done before (again, exploration being an exception), so I don't see why Frontier can't return to that model. Heck, I remember CGs happening in multiple locations on the galaxy map at once, something I haven't seen in a long time, though I have been away for almost a year.

Top Bottom