ANNOUNCEMENT No CGs this week

I'm actually glad there's no CG as it finally lets me focus on farming the materials to buy a Pre-Engineered 5A FSD for my explorer. Although, high wake scanning a distribution center for DWEs is painful. 😩

I'm actually glad there's no CG as it finally lets me focus on farming the materials to buy a Pre-Engineered 5A FSD for my explorer. Although, high wake scanning a distribution center for DWEs is painful. 😩
I understand why people want a break from "Every week the fate of the galaxy rests in my hands!" and "I have to participate or I'll miss out on a once-in-a-lifetime reward!" CGs. But instead of having no CG at all, perhaps Frontier could interlace some "fluff" CGs that have no impact on the galaxy and offer no one-time rewards, allowing you to take a break while also providing me some mates to wing up with over the weekend, even if it's for a silly fluff game goal.

You know, those "Somebody we never heard of in some obscure system is throwing his spoiled son a birthday party, and he wants Lavian brandy and mercs to protect the brandy shipments" CGs of old. Not every week (as these meaningless CGs get old fast), but rather as an alternative to no CG at all.

I understand why people want a break from "Every week the fate of the galaxy rests in my hands!" and "I have to participate or I'll miss out on a once-in-a-lifetime reward!" CGs. But instead of having no CG at all, perhaps Frontier could interlace some "fluff" CGs that have no impact on the galaxy and offer no one-time rewards, allowing you to take a break while also providing me some mates to wing up with over the weekend, even if it's for a silly fluff game goal.

You know, those "Somebody we never heard of in some obscure system is throwing his spoiled son a birthday party, and he wants Lavian brandy and mercs to protect the brandy shipments" CGs of old. Not every week (as these meaningless CGs get old fast), but rather as an alternative to no CG at all.
Ahh, I see what you mean and how that would help those looking for some fun little taskers. That's a fair compromise!

I also think your first sentence is SO spot-on and how I feel. It's also going to be bizarre when I finally set out on my long exploration run because I'm going to feel that FOMO as CGs with sweet rewards come and go. Not sure how I'm going to process that one. Maybe I'll just stop reading the CG forum so I don't feel bad. If only I could leave my ship at a DSSA FC and FSD my body back to the bubble...

Could I make an extreme jump-range Jumpaconda to be left back in the bubble and then when I'm out exploring in my Krait Mk2, dock at a DSSA FC, order it transferred out to me, and then frantically race back for CGs? The question would be whether the DSSA FC has a shipyard and allows ship transfers. Not to mention the cost and wait time for it to get shipped out there... o_O

I thought we would have dome with this post:-
Pilots’ Federation ALERT

Sirius Corporation megaships will soon arrive in the Coalsack and Witch Head Nebulas to provide anti-xeno support.

The three vessels are intended as a demonstration of Sirius Corporation’s military capabilities, prior to the strategic defence pact being ratified by the Alliance Assembly.

A public statement was provided by Admiral Nikolas Glass, the Sirius Navy representative on the Alliance Council of Admirals:

“The Coalsack Nebula and Witch Head Nebula regions are where Alliance interests are most at risk from Thargoid attack. From tomorrow, our megaships will serve as bases from which anti-xeno operations can be conducted.”

“All ships in the area are invited to make use of the Song of Mecchi in the Coalsack Sector Vu-O B6-6 system, the Kandula's Truth in the Siniang system, and the Li Chyou Winds in the Onoros system.”

“As a further gesture of our dedication to protecting the Alliance, these megaships will offer a unique pre-engineered heat sink module. We trust that this will prove especially useful to those brave pilots who face the Thargoids in combat.”

Any community goals this week?
Nothing 100% confirmed yet, but read yesterday's GalNet article:

(Galnet website is malfunctioning)

Top Bottom