No credit for CG delivery?

I just arrived at Gabriel Enterprise and delivered several dozen water purifiers, but don't appear to have gotten any credit towards the community goal. I wasn't given the option to "turn them in" by the mission, and so I figured that all I needed to do was sell them. But now I have no purifiers and the mission still says that I have "0 tonnes collected". Did I just waste an hour?

I just arrived at Gabriel Enterprise and delivered several dozen water purifiers, but don't appear to have gotten any credit towards the community goal. I wasn't given the option to "turn them in" by the mission, and so I figured that all I needed to do was sell them. But now I have no purifiers and the mission still says that I have "0 tonnes collected". Did I just waste an hour?
You might have arrived slightly too late - it just finished, so deliveries after that point are just normal trade sales.

(Normally Frontier set the targets for Community Goals so that they last most or all of the week; for reasons not obviously explained, they set this one incredibly low so that it took just over 2 days. The target on the Bounty Hunting goal is huge, and will definitely last until Thursday morning, if you want to do some of that instead)

Agreed and bummer on the trade part of the CG being over already. I made a few cargo runs this am, glad I did it is now over. I was about to make a few more runs, oh well. Time to fight instead

You might have arrived slightly too late - it just finished, so deliveries after that point are just normal trade sales.

(Normally Frontier set the targets for Community Goals so that they last most or all of the week; for reasons not obviously explained, they set this one incredibly low so that it took just over 2 days. The target on the Bounty Hunting goal is huge, and will definitely last until Thursday morning, if you want to do some of that instead)
Sigh.... I was afraid of that. Didn't think that a CG that was 90% complete would go away that fast. At least the two dozen units of Karsuki Locusts that I sold for 450K profit somewhat made up for it. :) I'm not really set up for bounty hunting, although I guess I can try?

Sigh.... I was afraid of that. Didn't think that a CG that was 90% complete would go away that fast. At least the two dozen units of Karsuki Locusts that I sold for 450K profit somewhat made up for it. :) I'm not really set up for bounty hunting, although I guess I can try?
You don't have any combat ships? Not even a Vulture?

Just an Asp Explorer and a Sidewinder. Haven't been playing too long and have been doing cargo/explorer stuff. Have 12M credits, at least....

Just an Asp Explorer and a Sidewinder. Haven't been playing too long and have been doing cargo/explorer stuff. Have 12M credits, at least....
The Low/Medium Resource Extraction Sites should be fairly safe to hunt in - just stick close to the system authority ships, help them with their targets, be very cautious about not shooting them by mistake, and you should be okay. The CG bonus payout will be a nice boost, so it's worth a go while you're in the area.

What Ian said. Low res and hide behind the fuzz. Make sure you sign up to the CG on the mission board before handing in any bounties. Good luck and have fun.

The Low/Medium Resource Extraction Sites should be fairly safe to hunt in - just stick close to the system authority ships, help them with their targets, be very cautious about not shooting them by mistake, and you should be okay. The CG bonus payout will be a nice boost, so it's worth a go while you're in the area.

What Ian said. Low res and hide behind the fuzz. Make sure you sign up to the CG on the mission board before handing in any bounties. Good luck and have fun.
Don't do this in open tho, while low on gankers this CG has some...

Oh, so you are in the early game. Fair enough. The Viper 3 makes a good first combat ship, just make sure to be in RES sites that have lots of cops to back you up, like others have suggested.

Thanks, everybody! The motto of this game appears to be "everything you do the first time, and probably the second and third times, will be wrong". I had assumed that you could only get bounty credit for CG missions by doing other faction missions (the description isn't very clear). But I had forgotten about the KWS method of getting bounties. Hopefully I can make some progress, but I did already get two mission kills, so the 800K will indeed be a nice bump.

Top Bottom