PvP No Escape (ft. Grom Bombs)

did he actually... have a hull on that corvette?
No, it's a shield tank :LOL:
Thanks for reminding me why I leave crimes on by default ;)
But that's against any gankers code - imagine how difficult it would've been then ;)
Doesnt anybody use point defence these days?
No, why? You have to have more then one PD for adequate cover, and then you're better off fitting shield boosters.

@OP thanks for sharing, good hunt :) I always smile when I see Shippy's name, no idea why 😅

did he actually... have a hull on that corvette?

Probably all 666 integrity of it!

Doesnt anybody use point defence these days?

Not everyone takes munitions seriously.

Personally, every ship I've got that's slower than my FDL has one PDT, unless I'm running shiedless, then it's usually got two.

No, why? You have to have more then one PD for adequate cover, and then you're better off fitting shield boosters.

PDTs should be treated as an active defense; moving one's ship to leverage them is important.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKuVyKaodj0

Only the last two interdictions there, but I believe there were four in total, with Dingo firing an average of three grobs per interdiction...none of them hit their mark.

It's trickier when you don't know where they'll be coming from, but that's just incentive to check loadouts (putting the FSD disruptor on the most sluggish ship was suboptimal for Dingo's wing) and pay attention. Of course, if you are in a large vessel and the one with the missiles is significantly faster, there is little that can be done once they get close (such as in the second encounter in the OP's video) as there is no arming time at all on dumbfires. Still, the effects have cooldowns; evasion and a PDT are just the first and second lines of defense.

Anyway, even in the rare cases I'm using put multiple PDTs I generally put them on the same side of the ship to thin out massed missile fire more effectively. Even NPCs do this with varying degrees of success...PDTs on one side and they maneuver, if they have time, to put incoming missiles in the firing arc of them.

Thanks for reminding me why I leave crimes on by default ;)
Question:
If crimes is 'ON' is that what reports the crime AND is that what calls for back up from security forces?

The reason I ask is because the anti-murder hobo crowd would be doing a disservice to the security in a system by not having crimes 'ON'.
A high security system should be high security and to my way of thinking reporting crimes should always be 'ON' in those systems or your just helping the bad guys.

^--- Correct that if it is wrong.

Question:
If crimes is 'ON' is that what reports the crime AND is that what calls for back up from security forces?

The reason I ask is because the anti-murder hobo crowd would be doing a disservice to the security in a system by not having crimes 'ON'.
A high security system should be high security and to my way of thinking reporting crimes should always be 'ON' in those systems or your just helping the bad guys.

But that's unsportsmanlike if you get help by an ATR or five while getting ganked.

Question:

As a lawful, I'll have crimes on if I'm alone minding my own business (massacre missions, etc). But If I'm in a wing hunting murder hobos its a good idea to turn crimes off. But that's debatable because i have a video where they separated me from my wing and there I was in a 4v1 situation.

But that's unsportsmanlike if you get help by an ATR or five while getting ganked.
This is where the white knights give away the show, IMHO.

Deciat is an example of a High Security system with an important NPC base (Farseer) - when the white knights turn off crimes they're basically turning off 'High Security' for that system and that doesn't impact just them, it impacts all the new players who venture out into open in that system. How the hell did the murder clowns talk the white knights into giving 'fair' fights in high security systems? High security systems aren't supposed to give fair fights.

The murder hobo is there to kill defenseless players and yet the white knights get talked into turning crimes off because it is 'unfair'?
^--- Read that again. Murder hobos camping Farseer aren't interested in fair fights - don't listen to their goofy whining to the contrary.

This happens in every PvP game I play: The good guys get talked into 'making it fair', or 'give us a chance', or 'play honorably' and it is always horse poo wrapped in a greasy tortilla and fed to the 'honorables' and it is used as a lame excuse to allow gankers to live where they shouldn't exist.

A ganker in a High Security system should always get a suppository of at least 5 NPCs shoved up his tailpipe.
If they don't like that they can go sulk around in a low security/anarchy system where that sort of garbage belongs.

No, it's a shield tank :LOL:
But that's against any gankers code - imagine how difficult it would've been then ;)

@OP thanks for sharing, good hunt :) I always smile when I see Shippy's name, no idea why 😅
I used to put 2 PDT on my vette and never got that much benefit from it, but i'm sure I was doing it wrong (stop looking at me Morbad). By switching over to shield boosters its more passive protection and covers more situations.

This is where the white knights give away the show, IMHO.

Deciat is an example of a High Security system with an important NPC base (Farseer) - when the white knights turn off crimes they're basically turning off 'High Security' for that system and that doesn't impact just them, it impacts all the new players who venture out into open in that system. How the hell did the murder clowns talk the white knights into giving 'fair' fights in high security systems? High security systems aren't supposed to give fair fights.

The murder hobo is there to kill defenseless players and yet the white knights get talked into turning crimes off because it is 'unfair'?
^--- Read that again. Murder hobos camping Farseer aren't interested in fair fights - don't listen to their goofy whining to the contrary.

This happens in every PvP game I play: The good guys get talked into 'making it fair', or 'give us a chance', or 'play honorably' and it is always horse poo wrapped in a greasy tortilla and fed to the 'honorables' and it is used as a lame excuse to allow gankers to live where they shouldn't exist.

A ganker in a High Security system should always get a suppository of at least 5 NPCs shoved up his tailpipe.
If they don't like that they can go sulk around in a low security/anarchy system where that sort of garbage belongs.
I literally laughed in the faces of murderclowns before accusing me of "unfairness" because my crimes were on.
Of course they were on, I was white knighting around, and would've laughed if ATR entered the fight on my side.
You get all sorts of salty comments by that. From the same Clowns that are ganking traders 4 v 1 in meta ships :LOL:

My stance on this is the following: competitive PvP or 1 v 1 I surely to turn off crimes.
If I mind my business, it's the gankers bad luck if I have crimes on.

I literally laughed in the faces of murderclowns before accusing me of "unfairness" because my crimes were on.
Of course they were on, I was white knighting around, and would've laughed if ATR entered the fight on my side.
You get all sorts of salty comments by that. From the same Clowns that are ganking traders 4 v 1 in meta ships :LOL:

My stance on this is the following: competitive PvP or 1 v 1 I surely to turn off crimes.
If I mind my business, it's the gankers bad luck if I have crimes on.
I'll give the gankers I encounter some props here, none of them have complained about my crimes being on. Starmony is one of those. They simply ignore the cops. I would like to hear his perspective about this as we highjack his thread :D

I'll give the gankers I encounter some props here, none of them have complained about my crimes being on. Starmony is one of those. They simply ignore the cops. I would like to hear his perspective about this as we highjack his thread :D

Haha, not a highjack! I've enjoyed reading the discussion. And yes, you're correct: I generally don't care when people have crimes on*. Non-ATR npcs are trivial to tank while fighting players (a lot of times this is what I use my chaff for), and if your notoriety is high enough for that to be a factor, then you're just asking for it anyway. In the case with the corvette, we were just hoping they'd keep dithering around like that long enough to accidentally drift out of the no-fire zone or even high wake away (I also had a wake scanner on me for tracking). Having crimes off just made it easier. And more fun! Who doesn't like fighting around a station? The vette pilot had lots of opportunity to get away; I don't know why they didn't just request docking and then casually fly into the station. That would have ended things.

* The exception to not caring about crimes on is specific to the pvp community. Except for lawful oriented groups (where having crimes on makes sense), using crimes is frowned upon, especially if the individual or group likes to trash talk. And then there's the rare offense of a pvp pilot running crimes on even after taunting other players for using it. In those examples, I might respond by throwing their hypocrisy back at them.

@Starmony - I do know what its like to deal with the cops, in the context of powerplay rules around a station, and I assume it similar to what you guys deal with, meaning they can be ignored to an extent but its like flies in your face and not being able to swat them away.

Last i heard, shield boosters past a certain point give diminishing returns. One of the reasons i have 2 pd ( top and bottom) and 6 shield boosters on my corvette.
Is that not correct?

Last i heard, shield boosters past a certain point give diminishing returns. One of the reasons i have 2 pd ( top and bottom) and 6 shield boosters on my corvette.
Is that not correct?
Shield boosters stack all the way. I have 8 of them. Maybe you're thinking of MRP?

On second thought, the resistances of the augmented upgrade has diminishing returns. I use no more than 3 of those.

Shield boosters stack all the way. I have 8 of them. Maybe you're thinking of MRP?
Good Heavens - 8 of them?

I found a picture of your ship:

Top Bottom