No in-game comms… could we use Morse?

Hi, it seems the first beta builds won't have in-game comms. However, as a premium beta-backer I notice in the alpha 1.1 build, I've been trying, there is a switch for lights. If this refers to some kind of externally visible lighting, might it allow for rudimentary in-game communication between players who know a little Morse-code. Not that I do… yet :)

Just a thought…

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
Hi, it seems the first beta builds won't have in-game comms. However, as a premium beta-backer I notice in the alpha 1.1 build, I've been trying, there is a switch for lights. If this refers to some kind of externally visible lighting, might it allow for rudimentary in-game communication between players who know a little Morse-code. Not that I do… yet :)

Just a thought…

Well, we've been doing wing-waggles, cargo scoop opening, light flashing...

Some use Teamspeak/Googlechat.

Others give a friendly sustained burst of missile fire. Maybe that's Morse and I never had chance to work out the dots from the dashes.

Others give a friendly sustained burst of missile fire. Maybe that's Morse and I never had chance to work out the dots from the dashes.
I suppose it's hard to tell when your eyeballs are moving in opposite directions at sub-luminal speeds.

Last edited:
Well, we've been doing wing-waggles, cargo scoop opening, light flashing...

Some use Teamspeak/Googlechat.

I suppose I should've known that something would have been attempted.

I may not know Morse, but a burst of well-aimed missile/gun fire sends a clearer message than any stream of dots-and-dashes… ;-)

I was using Morse code with laser strikes on a friendly commander's shields, telling him that he was stealing my kills. Unfortunately he got the ump and attacked me. So i had to kill him.

Some people are just unreasonable.

lol, i'm gonna have a ball with this at work today!

.-- .... --- / -. . . -.. ... / .-. --- ... . - - .- / ... - --- -. . / .-- .... . -. / .-- . / .... .- ...- . / -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. . .-.-.- ... -.-. .--. .... .. .-.. .-.. .. .--. ... .-.-.- -.-. --- -- -..-. .--- - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. .-.-.- .... - -- .-..

:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom