No Man's Sky getting VR support in next big patch.

I am also very excited for the next NMS update. I own a PSVR and can't wait to try it out.

I bought Elite: Dangerous on the PS4, hoping that PSVR will come ... one day ...

Did Frontier give any updates on ED PSVR support? or mum's the word? :)

Did Frontier give any updates on ED PSVR support? or mum's the word? :)
Frontier tend to be somewhat tight-lipped on the future... The impression is often if you asked the Dev's what time it is they'd announce that the reply was 'coming soon' - only kidding.

Given DBs recent comments on PC VR then TBH i do not see a vanilla PS4 being able to run ED in a manner which he would be prepared to support.

i think if there is any chance of Playstation VR for ED it will be with the PS5.

Given DBs recent comments on PC VR then TBH i do not see a vanilla PS4 being able to run ED in a manner which he would be prepared to support.

i think if there is any chance of Playstation VR for ED it will be with the PS5.

I’ve never understood why he’s so Luke warm about VR.

I’ve never understood why he’s so Luke warm about VR.
Preaching to the choir mate without VR I would have stopped played ED 1000 or more hrs ago . My fear is he does not feel that way at all but that the new DLC does not work in VR, hence he is dialling back the enthusiasm in advance.
I can think of no other reason as he used to be so enthusiastic about VR. VR has only improved since the rift launch so I can't think of another reason tbh.

Preaching to the choir mate without VR I would have stopped played ED 1000 or more hrs ago . My fear is he does not feel that way at all but that the new DLC does not work in VR, hence he is dialling back the enthusiasm in advance.
I can think of no other reason as he used to be so enthusiastic about VR. VR has only improved since the rift launch so I can't think of another reason tbh.

I got the impression he was still interested in VR but thought that it had a lot of problems to overcome. I don't think they will stop VR support but I'm worried it will become more of a bolt on. That would be a real shame as Elite is probably the best all round VR experience. If Frontier stopped proper VR support for Elite it would be a bit like if Microsoft had given up on Excel because not enough people had computers yet.

vr is now a reality, hype factor is over. frontier doesn't need that traction anymore anyway, since they have established a user base big enough, the vr logo is slapped on, there's no incentive to pioneer in exotic tech when you aim to build a massive parallel game producing factory: that's just grinding the market, and you go for the big deep ponds.

in reality vr is just a tiny portion of that playerbase so it gets just a tiny portion of attention. business as usual.

in other (old) news, very good news! i'll give nms another go.

I'm looking at NMS in VR. My only concern is the control system. I tried a couple of flight sims that integrate touch controllers to pilot the airplanes and it felt weird. I asked for refund as I really did not like that control system: very unprecise and unintuitive. If NMS will have joystick support, then I'm already in.

Top Bottom