Non-Lethal ACU actions only?

I would really like the ability to kill or sedate dinosaurs. If we can only sedate dinosaurs I would be very disappointed. From what we've seen you can't kill your dinos, if I'm wrong feel free to prove me wrong, I just want more freedom in dinosaur crisis management.

I'm hoping they can be unlocked further up the tech trees. In JP canon they had nerve agents, assault rifles and other weapons to kill the dinosaurs. I'm hoping when bigger and badder dinosaurs are unlocked, security unlocks upgrades to ACU such as lethal weapons.

I'm hoping they can be unlocked further up the tech trees. In JP canon they had nerve agents, assault rifles and other weapons to kill the dinosaurs. I'm hoping when bigger and badder dinosaurs are unlocked, security unlocks upgrades to ACU such as lethal weapons.

most probably in the game don't see a reason why it wouldn't ;)

It could be possible that you will have to research for a lethal option in the game,similar to how it was in JPOG. But personally I would go for the non-lethal method of stopping escaped dinosaurs because of how expensive they are, one Ceratosaurus costs nearly a million dollars, imagine how expensive a Tyrannosaurus or Indominus is to make!

Just watched Game Informer's video on JWE gameplay; while the dinosaurs can kill each other through fights, ACU can’t kill the dinosaurs. It's a Universal Studios stipulated rule.

Just watched Game Informer's video on JWE gameplay; while the dinosaurs can kill each other through fights, ACU can’t kill the dinosaurs. It's a Universal Studios stipulated rule.

it's probably to make drama in the game when the bigger dinos break out. Imagine if a T rex broke out and one head shot with a normal big Sniper rifle would end it rapidly... but trying to neutralize it with the ACU while it's causing damage to the park and eating visitors at the same time and you have to hit it atleast 2 or 3 times to knock it down. that would be some more of a challenge

Last edited:
it's probably to make drama in the game when the bigger dinos break out. Imagine if a T rex broke out and one head shot with a normal big Sniper rifle would end it rapidly... but trying to neutralize it with the ACU while it's causing damage to the park and eating visitors at the same time and you have to hit it atleast 2 or 3 times to knock it down. that would be some more of a challenge

Stop coming up with made up theories, it's clearly because of restrictions with the license.

It’s probably also a more practical reason in terms of gameplay, a Ceratosaurus with no genetic modifications costs nearly 1 million dollars. Imagine how expensive a Tyrannosaurus or even Indominus could be! Therefore why would the player kill their very expensive dinosaurs, that may or may not have modified, when it would be cheaper and easier to tranquillise them and fix/improve their paddock?

It’s probably also a more practical reason in terms of gameplay, a Ceratosaurus with no genetic modifications costs nearly 1 million dollars. Imagine how expensive a Tyrannosaurus or even Indominus could be! Therefore why would the player kill their very expensive dinosaurs, that may or may not have modified, when it would be cheaper and easier to tranquillise them and fix/improve their paddock?

my same feeling the t rex must be worth a fortune

Last edited:
I can kind of understand it from the financial perspective, and if they really hammer home the immorality behind *not* killing them, explaining anyone on the island has already waived any rights to sue in the fine print etc. and how they can arrange a media blackout, then I'd probably be content in understanding why there's only a non-lethal option. Otherwise, making a 'last resort' would still seem to make sense to avoid the closure of the park.

I really hope that this will be an option. It'll be our own choice so if I want to kill that 5 million worth dinosaur then I should be able to, right? ^^

1. Not sure where you got the assault rifles from, and the shotguns in the movie were not in the book. In the book the only reason they had lethal ways to take down dinosaurs was because Muldoon threatened to leave and expose everything.
2. Then the nerve agents... Those were found in an unmarked and unknown shed. One of the characters involved in the construction and planning (now dead) had built this shed without anyone knowing, so there's no way it was sanctioned by InGen or Hammond.
3. From the very beginning, Hammond and InGen have gone for non-lethal ways of taking out dinosaurs, and no matter how bad things got, Hammond did not approve of killing his VERY EXPENSIVE dinosaurs.

I think the people in charge of Jurassic World have taken this even further, that there is absolutely no chance of lethal force being used on their expensive (and also protected by rights and new dinosaur ethics codes) attractions.

1. Not sure where you got the assault rifles from, and the shotguns in the movie were not in the book. In the book the only reason they had lethal ways to take down dinosaurs was because Muldoon threatened to leave and expose everything.
2. Then the nerve agents... Those were found in an unmarked and unknown shed. One of the characters involved in the construction and planning (now dead) had built this shed without anyone knowing, so there's no way it was sanctioned by InGen or Hammond.
3. From the very beginning, Hammond and InGen have gone for non-lethal ways of taking out dinosaurs, and no matter how bad things got, Hammond did not approve of killing his VERY EXPENSIVE dinosaurs.

I think the people in charge of Jurassic World have taken this even further, that there is absolutely no chance of lethal force being used on their expensive (and also protected by rights and new dinosaur ethics codes) attractions.

It makes no sense from a lore or licensing perspective.

In every single JP movie, actual weapons were used against dinosaurs. In Jurassic world you had a helicopter with a Gatling gun and a team with automatic weapons and rocket launchers hunting down the I-Rex. One of them actually kills a raptor.

In JPOG you had the option to put down a dinosaur as well. I'm also pretty sure I'm the Telltale game there were a few dinosaurs killed.

This was a design choice and therefore can be rectified.

Last edited:

Sorry! Didn't mean to tag your message in my last comment.

Well, actually JP security were equipped with assault rifles in the original movie.

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Colt_M16A2

Ingen also equipped the mercenaries with different guns including assault rifles in The Lost World.

Last edited:
Well, in that case, if lethal weapons can be used, the dinsoaur behaviors should be upgraded accordingly - to be able to hide in tress, behind hill, cave, evades, some sort of first person shooter AI, develop counter-attack skills, ambushes, etc.

The point is - they shouldn't be made as easy big dumb targets. That would destroy the game.

Top Bottom