Noob Hammers...

I have been playing for a year and a half and I just saw one of these types of stations a week or so ago. They must be fairly rare, I thought I'd been all over the bubble.

Well, basically, they do hammer noobs. Pretty thoroughly btw I might add...
(Raises hand...)

Coming in for a landing, one of my 1st runs in a T7 full of gold, thought I could pass in time.
Nope.

Long ago in another Elite game far far away I got hit by one of these arms. Today playing ED it makes me smile knowing that they are still part of the game.

I used them to accelerate my pretty well shielded Clipper to the speeds unseen in the galaxy. Got hit once by accident and turned it into a sport. 🤪

One of those very nearly wiped me out when I was hauling PP merits for LYR after returning from DW2, I thought the strut was going to pass behind me, but it passed just in front of me instead. I still had what turned out to be 2.3 billion credits of explo data onboard.

Has anyone calculated the G-force at the end of the ams? if we knew how long they are, and how fast the station rotates, that should be possible.

Those arms don't have super-high G. They have normal G. IF you do the measurements, you'll see that they have the same distance fromthe central axis (the mailslot) as the large habitat rings on Orbis-class stations. So they're providing the same environment you get in an Orbis habitat ring.

As for why: there are presumably some medical conditions, industrial processes or fragile lifeforms that are assisted by a stint in high-G. The "hammers" don't look comfortable enough (or elitist enough) to be the station's "penthouse suites".

My first experience of them was way back. There was nothing I could do when, after exiting SC, I was unexpectedly clobbered by one. It was awesome at the time to discover something new in the game! :)

My first experience of them was way back. There was nothing I could do when, after exiting SC, I was unexpectedly clobbered by one. It was awesome at the time to discover something new in the game! :)
There's something unique about ED where someone can say "I was swatted like a bug by a mile-long sledgehammer! It was awesome!" :D

Top Bottom