Nordic Tundra DLC suggestion

Just thought I'd post this cause there are some animals I miss in the european and scandinavian packs...

mysk.jpg

• Myskoxe - The last remaining creature from the ice age, lives in a VERY small group isolated in one single place in the scandinavian mountains, they're VERY fragile and red listed, people work with trying to have the herd grow bigger.
uddajarv.jpg

• Wolverine - Also known as the phantom of the forest
250px-Tunturisopuli_Lemmus_Lemmus.jpg

• Lemmings - Tiny hamster like rodents live among the myskoxe and other creatures in the nordic tundra No they don't run of cliffs to perform a massive kamikaze
radjur.jpg

• Roedeer - Most common deer in the nordic forest, as common as the moose. They're smaller than most deer - Only the boys have antlers, oh and the babies are spotted

Kid.jpg

brunbjorn_manadens_art.png

• Scandinavian Brown Bear - We have a bear in our forests, just the brown bear, which is a cousin to the grizzly bear, not as big tho! Just like the other predators in the nordic forests the bear is endangered.
beautiful-wolf.jpg

• Scandinavian Wolves; These wolves are highly endangered, and a lot of inbreeding is happening in the small packs we have and people just won't leave them be to repopulate because they take reindeer up in the north where the samée people are, its a sad story, mainly, people blame the wolves for loss of reindeer etc. And then they complain about how many moose there are. Either way, the wolf in Sweden is extremely endangered and how it's treated is heartbreaking
14-svyle-843775319739d609d7.jpg

svart-huggorm.jpg

• Scandinavian Viper/Adder; the only venomous snake up here, come in two flavors, the beautiful silver with the black zigzag pattern on its back and the jet black kind. They're a protected species and you'll get a huge fine if you kill them.
2508_100041_4.jpg

• Smooth Snake or as we call them here: Hazel Snake, is one of the two non venomous snakes we have here. You don't see this one as often as the other tho!
snok-godsel.jpg

• Grass Snake are very common over here, we learned at a young age how to tell the difference between the grass snake and the viper, look for the yellow cheeks.
    510847.jpg
  • Copper Lizard; sometimes nicknamed Copper Snake, looks like a snake and sometimes seen as our fourth snake, but its actually a lizard
eldbukssalamandrar.jpg

original.jpg

• Firebelly Salamander or apparently these guys are called newts in english, we just call them salamanders. They appear black until you turn them over and expose that bright red belly. I remember catching my fair share of them as a kid.

I think that's it, we got some birds too and seals and a type of smaller dolphin

Agree with everything, except the snakes. I don't want to be reminded I can find one of those out there 🙈

I’m always in favour of more Nordic and Eurasian animals. I would probably swap the lemming for the common/Eurasian crane. I have seen them in many places in Sweden as well as in Estonia and Lithuania and they are a sign of good luck for me 🙂

Top Bottom