Not getting my rank up missions...

I am a Marquis now at 100 percent. I need to be a Duke to get the cutter. I literally have the rank but cannot rank up. I had gotten a rank up mission and did it, and for some reason it left me at Marquis at 100 percent instead of ranking me up. I haven't had anymore imperial navy missions spawn since then. Am I just getting unlucky or does the game think for some reason that I actually ranked up? The only thing different that I did was take 2 rank up missions before I was a Marquis, so that I could do that one as soon as I had the rep, and it didn't work. Now I can't get any to show...

Are you looking at every imperial aligned faction in the station? I believe the ascension mission will only be given by one faction at one station in the system. Do you have sufficient rep with all of the imperial factions to be eligible for the mission. Look all the way down the list of missions for all the imperial aligned factions including the ones you're not eligible for. Do this at all the stations in the system or go to a system where there is only one station.

It's unfortunate that Frontier make this feature kind of like an easter egg hunt!

Last edited:
I am a Marquis now at 100 percent. I need to be a Duke to get the cutter. I literally have the rank but cannot rank up. I had gotten a rank up mission and did it, and for some reason it left me at Marquis at 100 percent instead of ranking me up. I haven't had anymore imperial navy missions spawn since then. Am I just getting unlucky or does the game think for some reason that I actually ranked up? The only thing different that I did was take 2 rank up missions before I was a Marquis, so that I could do that one as soon as I had the rep, and it didn't work. Now I can't get any to show...
Rank up missions always state what rank they give you, so zero point in taking two at the same rank. Have you actually done a rank up mission for marquis? The rank is given near the bottom of the page in the mission details.

Last edited:
I didn't realise the worked like that, I thought as long as you were at 100 percent you could use a naval mission stored to rank up. However since I did that and did 2 rank up missions, the second not ranking me up because it was not a Marquis mission, none are spawning. Is it one faction per station that offers them if they are empire? Or one station per solar system?

the mission rank up system sucks..... simply said
a real waste of time, I have been tryng to get one/any Empire mission for a month still don't have a single rank, I must be at 300% by now but how would you ever know...
been running missions for the EMP headquarters system.

no wonder I have spent 90% of my game hours exploring.
setting out for Jacques for my 3rd time..... need to go pick up my sidewinder first though, sentimental value I took it to SAG A* once :)

Last edited:
They eventually pop up, i got kinda frustrated but its not bad. Try Achenar maybe, all imperial factions & theres several stations (20,000 ly away but the stations are all in pretty much the same area of space). Keep in mind you might need cargo space. Good place for data delivery missions & ranking fast too.

all I had to do was complain.. got one mission after another and am now @ 75% Master, so it does work about 25% of the time ;)

Hello,

I am in the same position - got reputation a plenty, rank slider on 100% (its been so for a couple of months allready) and no rank up mission anywhere to be found...

Did you complain officially to Frontier, or did you mean you wrote about it on the forums? ;-)

Thx, Karlos

I had this, my advice is find another imp system. Rank up to cordial or friendly and the naval mission should appear. Good luck.

all I had to do was complain.. got one mission after another and am now @ 75% Master, so it does work about 25% of the time ;)

Well here, my turn to complain then, lol. Made it to Cadet over the weekend after a couple of missions in my Python which btw did well against the Anacondas.
Will try out what has been suggested on here for more missions.

If you get to 100% and beyond with no Navy mission triggered try exiting to main menu and changing game mode, do this until you get it. Worked for me.

Intrigued by what's happening here - if I have to wait 30 minutes for a mission I think it's too long, and they're usually easy to spot even if they're rank-locked. I'd go with what Aashenfox says, see if you can spot one.

I believe the ascension mission will only be given by one faction at one station in the system.

Not true, I've had a couple of occasions where I've gotten rank up missions from 2 different factions at the same station

a I have been tryng to get one/any Empire mission for a month still don't have a single rank,

WOW, you must have the record holder for longest wait for rank up missions! Seriously, I submit a bug report, the longest wait I've experienced was a couple of hours...

Well I surely have my work cut out for me this time, need to kill 48 pirates and they all seem much more tougher this time around.
Only have 1 day and so many hours to get this done...oh boy.

Well I surely have my work cut out for me this time, need to kill 48 pirates and they all seem much more tougher this time around.
Only have 1 day and so many hours to get this done...oh boy.

I consider myself a combat commander, but I rarely have the staying power to kill more than 25 in a 24 hour period. I would NEVER take a missoin for more than 12 if the target system didn't have planetary rings (and a hazres) or a Compromised nav beacon (even better because you more often get large numbers of small ships). If you have to do this at a regular nav beacon, non-HAZ RES, or god forbid, just pulling them out of supercruise, it will be pure pain.

Take a ship with a lot of hardpoints, like a gunship. Fill it with overcharged multicannons except the small hardpoints, which you will put a pair of G3 long range beam lasers. This gives you instakill on anything smaller than a vulture with the dakka dakka (if you get a 'small ship' instance, you won't get much that's bigger than a vulture), and a pair of small 5km lasers for tagging nearly dead targets at crazy range. Also if you haven't already done so, long range A rated sensors so you can identify your targets from 13+km.

Last edited:
Yeah I may have bitten off more then I can chew on this one, especially since I have to work and pretty much can't get back to the game till roughly 10 hrs later.

At least the kills counts towards being elite in combat, I'm at 60% Master at the moment. Slowly but surely.

One thing that hit me recently is that I had a fine out for an Imperial faction that caused the mission to not generate. The fine was from a different space port. It happened to be a 66,000cr fine, but I don't know how I got it or anything about it. But my rank up mission had not posted for a full day or so. I flew to different ports. Nothing. Then I flew out the the port that had the fine, paid it, and immediately the rank mission showed up!!!

Top Bottom