nothing in pristine massive hotspots???????????

Can you tell me whats going on with all the pristine painite hotspots in the blk.

I've found 4 large ones 2 of which overlap and not one asteroid has a single bit of painite in them and Ive tried multiple locations in each of the 4 hotspots.

Whats going on FDEV with mining, this needs fixing a.s.a.p. CMDRs cant mine in hotspots unless its at the tripple overlapping LTD one.

I've also tried LTD hotspots and got zippo.

Sorry I will only tell the FDEV team the location as I don't want 500 carriers to the spot but come on, 4 massive pristine painite hotspots and not a single asteroid with any in.

This is killing the game like for mining.

I had the same problem, out around 500 ly from Colonia. I found a couple of nice looking hotspots for LTDs and checked them out rather thoroughly. I found no LTDs at all. It was bizarre.

I dropped into a Tritium hotspot in the same ring, and it was full of Tritium.

So I don't know. It seems off, but of course I'm just going on my limited experience so far with it since the patch.

another thing Ive noticed

Hotas Flight X looses its calibration sometimes.
Since last couple of days its also hesitent up and down like its stuttering.

Have not seen a LTD ssd in this single Ltd overlap all day. Not much motivation to find another overlap.
But, we press on.

\\///
Oo
/
Spike.k

Can you tell me whats going on with all the pristine painite hotspots in the blk.

I've found 4 large ones 2 of which overlap and not one asteroid has a single bit of painite in them and Ive tried multiple locations in each of the 4 hotspots.

Whats going on FDEV with mining, this needs fixing a.s.a.p. CMDRs cant mine in hotspots unless its at the tripple overlapping LTD one.

I've also tried LTD hotspots and got zippo.

Sorry I will only tell the FDEV team the location as I don't want 500 carriers to the spot but come on, 4 massive pristine painite hotspots and not a single asteroid with any in.

This is killing the game like for mining.

Same thing for me only ~ 500 ly of the bubble, over 400 prospector limpets and not one painite or void opal roid. Plenty of 30% tririum roids in the void opal hotspots, however.

Same thing for me only ~ 500 ly of the bubble, over 400 prospector limpets and not one painite or void opal roid. Plenty of 30% tririum roids in the void opal hotspots, however.

thank you for backing me up on the bug report Nitro, hope we get it fixed a.s.a.p

Devil's Advocate here, not to dispute you Cmdrs but because it's such a quandary. Since I headed out into the black (slowly), now about 1600LY out, I have found and documented many rich ring systems, and all I have mined have produced at least a modicum of the "advertised" hotspot mineral, from cores, SSD, surface scabs and intrinsic (laserable) lodes. Never less than 100T/hr of the hotspot mineral and often as much as 200. I have not yet mined Metallic and Metal Rich rings though I found quite a few systems to give it go. I will do some Painite scrounging as a test case. This seems to be the intended mining paradigm, so I'm baffled as to why others are coming up so short, it's definitely a problem to be looked into. Could it be a regional effect?

Spent a good part of yesterday searching, 3 days now and not a single asteroid. Had to run back to the bubble to restock limpets. Tried to find the RNGeezus bobblehead, no luck. Something is definitely off here.

yea as soon as you become used to a trade or mining run that's a nice earner ,less of a grind and things seem to be going smoothly
you can be certain of 1 thing
it wont last...………………………..

yea as soon as you become used to a trade or mining run that's a nice earner ,less of a grind and things seem to be going smoothly
you can be certain of 1 thing
it wont last...………………………..
Half the problem is that people talk about it so much on here and everywhere else , if you keep it to yourself no one else is going to know . So the pain is two fold, self-inflicted inflation and the loss of a good money making scheme.

ok tested other hotspots

Void Opals and LTDs and trin

same thing cant pickup whats advertised in any of em
Went Mining in a double LTD hotspot and after 3+ hrs hit only Grandidierite and Alexandrite cores...absolutely nothing else...apart from Tritium outta'da ears! (NOT cores tho)

Last edited:
Im somewhere around 6000 ly north of Colonia. Found a opal and ltd hotspot overlapping each other. Did I found anything? Obviously not. Cruised around for probably half an hour sending away 100 something prospector probes. So yes, hotspots doesn't seem to work as they should.

Devil's Advocate here, not to dispute you Cmdrs but because it's such a quandary. Since I headed out into the black (slowly), now about 1600LY out, I have found and documented many rich ring systems, and all I have mined have produced at least a modicum of the "advertised" hotspot mineral, from cores, SSD, surface scabs and intrinsic (laserable) lodes. Never less than 100T/hr of the hotspot mineral and often as much as 200. I have not yet mined Metallic and Metal Rich rings though I found quite a few systems to give it go. I will do some Painite scrounging as a test case. This seems to be the intended mining paradigm, so I'm baffled as to why others are coming up so short, it's definitely a problem to be looked into. Could it be a regional effect?

I really have no problem finding tritium which is my main focus now. However finding this system with overlapping hotspots I just felt I had to give it a go. Perhaps it could be the two different materials that somehow screws it up?

I really have no problem finding tritium which is my main focus now. However finding this system with overlapping hotspots I just felt I had to give it a go. Perhaps it could be the two different materials that somehow screws it up?
I have mined a number of overlapping hotspots, of both different and same materials, and haven't found them to be any less productive than the general run of hotspots -- some leaner, some fatter. But also they do not seem to be significantly more productive, so I pretty much ignore them. Haven't found a triple overlap yet, so that must await comment.

I'm planning a trip to a painite hotspot today, will report the result, fwiw as a sample of one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom