Notice Notice regarding supply and demand of high-end minerals

Well mining with larger cargoholds seems pointless now with the bulk tax on everything. So if a station wants to buy your stuff but expects a rabate if you deliver more than…
What we need is something that tells us, we pay 50cr if u have 1-10, 47 cr if u have 11-50 etc etc.. Right now its a lottery going to a station that list in game, eddb as a good sell option, u get there and get a fraction of what you expected. So frustrating. Going back to do collect missions instead, then you know what you get paid for the hours u put in.
Understand the thought about the rabate the stations whants if u bring in a lot but as someone earlier said, honor the listed price for your demand and lower the price after.

thanks for the update FD.
Can I also ask for some old or new concept art for the community to devour. Just an odd post every couple of days to keep everyone’s spirits up for this and future lock downs. Doesn’t have to be Earth shattering or even new stuff just something to Create some positive communication?

cheers team, stay safe stay home :)

Lower the Demand by the amount delivered too.
I can't help but wonder if they perhaps changed the demand as a sort of rating instead of an actual unit value.... It doesn't work that way for other commodities, but it would be interesting to see of that is not perhaps the case with mined minerals. The specific indicator for this is that there are stations with sky high demand but the price is pathetic. Which is not really how demand works in a realistic sense. If demand is high for a product the price naturally increases, and conversely decreases as the demand is met.

Any thoughts from FDev on this would be great.

Sounds like "FCs are coming soon, and we want to make sure you can't grind for them in a reasonable amount of time. So we're going to make the only activity you can hope to make you 5b in any kind of reasonable time and nerf it."

Also be aware they've said pretty flat out, Borann is getting rerolled. So less profit by station, less demand in the bubble, and finally less availability. Who is excited to do robigo runs again.? The most boring money maker in the game, and it will be the only really profitable activity...yet again. Good work Fdev, any fun part of this game isnt profitable, and any profitable part is not fun, at least not for long.

Sounds like "FCs are coming soon, and we want to make sure you can't grind for them in a reasonable amount of time. So we're going to make the only activity you can hope to make you 5b in any kind of reasonable time and nerf it."

Also be aware they've said pretty flat out, Borann is getting rerolled. So less profit by station, less demand in the bubble, and finally less availability. Who is excited to do robigo runs again.? The most boring money maker in the game, and it will be the only really profitable activity...yet again. Good work Fdev, any fun part of this game isnt profitable, and any profitable part is not fun, at least not for long.
I'm totaly in favor of LTD3 nerf , it is so unbalanced. New player expercience is mostly ruined thanks to that.

As for robingo , it is 100mil /h ? Because painite is still at least 200mil for 1H30 , still better.

I'm all for good mining reward since it's designed to make money . But LTD3 with actual price ? it's broken, I treat this as a goldrush event , for the players that dont have 2500 hours into the game can keep up with new content . But this have to stop . Or the whole game have to scale with it.

Blah Blah Blah Fdev pulling a Nerf on one commodity and labeling it as a "bug" Blah Blah Blah........why not fix the multiple bugs with commodities.....I believe it when i see what your saying you "Intending to fix it" While all i see is "Fdev will nerf the highest paying commodities (Shouldnt even need a nerf when FC drops with Tritium and rerolls) but the market will remain working the same as it always has with no actual bug fix's" Welcome to Powerplay, Engineers and the infamous grind everybody apparently loves according to Fdev yet there isnt anything else to do but play lifeless....

Last edited:
Glad I have all the ships and mods I want with 700m still in the bank.
They can keep their "Rent A Carriers". Jameson will do me just fine.
X.

Did you not get them memo, 10% discount at JM from the 9th is now only for F/C owners, so they can sell at a profit to the plebs.

Greeting Commanders,

Since the launch of the January Update, we've received a lot of feedback about the changes made to the supply and demand volumes of specific high-end minerals. Today, we wanted to give you an update on some of the feedback you've been sharing with us.

Summary of the change:
In the January Update, we have rebalanced the mining of certain high-end commodities. to better represent a realistic supply and demand process based on the system's economy. This means that a station's purchasing price for minerals will reduce as the demand is met. With this change, we've also adjusted the supply and demand levels of different economies. For example, there will be a lower demand in Colony economies for high-end minerals, as those economies do not require as much, but in a Refinery economies, they will have a high demand for high-end minerals, as those economies require more. By implementing these changes we wanted to generate "gold-rush" opportunities, that dynamically respond to player interaction, increasing the viability of smaller mining vessels, and rewarding early participants who sell their minerals in high demand locations first.

Thanks to reports from the community, we've identified a number of issues in regards to mining and the supply and demand of minerals. The team are going to be investigating these issues, but please keep those reports coming in through the Issue Tracker.
  • The demand for Low Temperature Diamondshas remained high, , which is not in keepingwith the other high-end minerals.
    • From tomorrow, we will be aiming to correct this. Low Temperature Diamonds will now also be affected by the changes to supply and demand - as originally stated in the Patch Notes.
  • When identifying stations with supply and demand for high-end minerals such as Void Opals, Painite, and Low Temperature Diamonds, commanders need to have the specific mineral in their Cargo Hold in order to search for them on the Galaxy Map.
    • From tomorrow, commanders will be able to toggle these minerals in the Galaxy Map, without needing to have the commodities in their Cargo Hold.
  • When selling minerals at a station, the price that is offered is based on the amount currently in your Cargo Hold..
    • While this has always been the case, we've passed the feedback on to the team for consideration for a future improvement of the feature.
We believe that this change will allow for a much more realistic and dynamic system, where the economy responds to player input and provides a much more meaningful affect on galaxy. As always, we will continue to monitor your feedback and work together to develop our ever expanding galaxy.

UPDATE:
We're rolling out a fix for an issue where the incorrect economy types had a demand for Low Temperature Diamonds. This correction should be live by the end of the day.
As stated in-game, Low Temperature Diamonds are consumed by the following economies: Tourism, High Tech, Industrial and Refinery.

o7

Well then - if it’s realism you’re after, why not make the demand static across platforms? That way, after two hours of blasting asteroids I can take 250t of whatever to a far-flung system, get chased and harassed by pirates along the way, dock (should I survive the gauntlet) and learn that the station is no longer buying.

If you want realism, just add more contract missions and make them worth the effort. If a contract calls for 500t of LTD and the station price is 1.000.000cr, then that contract should be worth 500m cr */- 10-20%. The more contracts a station has, the higher the price.

If it’s realism your after, add a “negotiate” option where price and quantity vary and the station’s acceptance is dependent on the boolean outcome of a sliding scale RNGesus. 🎲🎲

You guys kill me with this ‘more realistic’ stuff. 🤪

FDev didn't implement the "price based on demand and how much you have in your cargo hold" model because they thought it was a good idea. They did it because it's a client side simpler calculation. Otherwise they'd have to dynamically calculate demand vs. supply for each transaction made at the server end. It's a botch job to allow some fake representation of S & D with a demand level that just refreshes to a base after say 15 minutes at a station. This way they can do the real demand shift just at server 'tick' time - that's when they can take into account trades made and do the proper calculations.

‘Cause horizontal scaling distributed computing is haaaaaaaard! 😭

Glad I have all the ships and mods I want with 700m still in the bank.
700m... hmmm... that's.... cute.
The 2nd cutter I built last night cost 350m. My credit balance: huh? you spent money?

S&D should be redone, not the "oh you got so much in your hold, so we won't pay you full price because we assume you will sell everything at max". That's not how a market works. My cargo hold content should not make any difference to the price paid, only how much I'm selling.

700m... hmmm... that's.... cute.
The 2nd cutter I built last night cost 350m. My credit balance: huh? you spent money?

S&D should be redone, not the "oh you got so much in your hold, so we won't pay you full price because we assume you will sell everything at max". That's not how a market works. My cargo hold content should not make any difference to the price paid, only how much I'm selling.

Glad I could test drive the Cutter during the Beta. Saved me 350m. :sneaky:

in a game of such extreme content and attention to detail - this is by far the dumbest system i have seen in any game. 10's on the content -50 for the economy system. let's penalize anyone with a large ship who cares to work to get ahead.

So are LTD working as intended now or not?
LTDs don't appear to have changed between 3.6 and 3.7 - except for an unexplained decrease in the galactic average price not affecting the actual trade price - but every other core gem appears to have been given the same ultra-high demand regeneration, which has caused a noticeable increase in prices especially for Void Opals.

So it looks like, yes, now working as intended (!), with the intent being high profits all round but higher per-tonne profits for smaller ships and/or mixed gem cargoes which won't get as much of a bulk tax reduction.

but every other core gem appears to have been given the same ultra-high demand regeneration, which has caused a noticeable increase in prices especially for Void Opals.

You have got be BLEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPP kidding me right?

dfacepalm.jpg

Top Bottom