November Streaming Schedule

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Stupid Bo just brock the live stream she can not be trusted again.

She fixed it ;)

Great anniversary stream with some of the best creations from the amazing Planet Coaster community!

[video=youtube_share;WmMIAnzlgWU]https://youtu.be/WmMIAnzlgWU[/video]

Pretty sure that the fireworks stream is on the 17th, as the other thread suggests.

just in case...

Don't get stuck with the 17th in your head, 'cause you'll miss tonight's livestream [wink]

There I was thinking you just had a wrong streamdate number in your head , turns out there actually IS going to be an anniversary (social media) celebration on the 17th, even though that is a Saturday.

Last edited:
To be honest ... that's the way to celebrate a birthday at the retirement home. I am quite disappointed with the second anniversary of Planet Coaster.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
To be honest ... that's the way to celebrate a birthday at the retirement home. I am quite disappointed with the second anniversary of Planet Coaster.

We're getting the Thememaker's Toolkit around this anniversary. That alone is a reason for a celebration; a major step forward for the game, as it enables the community to add their own custom scenery to the game; a long lasting wish that a lot of players had since before the release of Planet Coaster.

To be honest, if you keep your expectations low, you can only be pleasantly surprised if it turns out that there are new things coming for the game.

Someone made a great point in another thread - if they had used this stream to announce the Toolkit for the first time then how would you feel? This update will bring more content than any update since the start.

Someone made a great point in another thread - if they had used this stream to announce the Toolkit for the first time then how would you feel? This update will bring more content than any update since the start.

this! ... Of course it is sobering that we do not get any new rides but the toolkit is one of the most beautiful gifts to the community [up]

Although we are not getting any new flat rides I do welcome the new Theme Makers Toolkit. This new feature will extend the life for Planet Coaster. Also I wonder if Frontier will add a flat ride maker toolkit next?

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Although we are not getting any new flat rides I do welcome the new Theme Makers Toolkit. This new feature will extend the life for Planet Coaster. Also I wonder if Frontier will add a flat ride maker toolkit next?

Im not a Frontier emplyee so i can't answer that. I can however warn to not get your hopes up. Flat rides are very very complicated to make. I think it's a long way to go if they ever wants to support custom flat rides. My personal guess is it won't happen...

That is what I was thinking too. It would be good to get added to Planet Coaster to make the game last longer in the future.

Theme park studio did a good version of creating your own flatrides. You selected the pre-built elements and programmed a sequence however it was a steep learning curve to learn how to use it. So maybe if the extended the tool kit at a later date

TPS did indeed do a great job on flat ride design altough there were some flaws as well. Anyway i have created several rides for Theme park studio in the past. The best of it was that TPS used a physics engine so you could animate the rides in game very realistic. This of course could also be done in 3ds max or Maya and convert them to key frames. Would love to see the possibilities of creating rides in the future in Planet Coaster although i have a feeling it will not happen. Unfortunately i also cannot try my rides in PC because the polycount is much higher of the whole ride and then current allowed specs.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
November 21 will be the Deep Dive stream regarding the Thememaker's Toolkit, with developers Sam Denney and Joe Maddex. It's going to be great, so do check that out if you're excited about the Toolkit (which is launching on Tuesday, yaaaaay)!

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
November 21 will be the Deep Dive stream regarding the Thememaker's Toolkit, with developers Sam Denney and Joe Maddex. It's going to be great, so do check that out if you're excited about the Toolkit (which is launching on Tuesday, yaaaaay)!

I will definatly be there!! I want to learn how the thing works :D

Im even considering taking some 3D learning classes as i have totally zero experience but desperate to learn now as i have so many idea's :D

Top Bottom