NPCs now interdict for absolutely no reason

Some of the alleged reasons do not make sense to at least some though, essentially all that should be required is some scripting and dialog changes to address the perceived issue. I am not saying such changes are necessarily likely to be quick or easy (I have no sight of the code) but they would at least address the underlying issue that may have a negative effect on at least some players' sense of immersion.

Well yeah, some of the dialog doesn't make sense, a killer would at the very least state the reason and it not being cargo, they could simply scream "<system name> is mine not yours!"

Some NPC just hate humans.
And there are npc serial killers too.
It happens. But not very often at all.
And it is very easy to escape interdictions, or to escape after you submitted to an interdiction.

I just don't see the problem at all.

Maybe less c/p and more reading. These are different points. Having every single member of a faction you are allied with ignore your contributions to their cause and treat you like an outsider makes little sense gameplay-wise as this provides little incentive for players to bother with faction support as part of gameplay. "Yaaay the station looks green on the scope" isn't an incentive like having allied ships drop in on your location because they have your back for all the work you put in would be. Yes getting killed by random NPCs is fine and fitting in this game because the galaxy is not a nice place, but the allied-yet-ignored thing could be improved greatly.

Last edited:
Maybe less c/p and more reading. These are different points. Having every single member of a faction you are allied with ignore your contributions to their cause and treat you like an outsider makes little sense gameplay-wise as this provides little incentive for players to bother with faction support as part of gameplay. "Yaaay the station looks green on the scope" isn't an incentive like having allied ships drop in on your location because they have your back for all the work you put in would be. Yes getting killed by random NPCs is fine and fitting in this game because the galaxy is not a nice place, but the allied-yet-ignored thing could be improved greatly.

Every single member does not, there are pirate NPCs in the mix. Civilians, military, power play enemies, ect. But lets ignore that.

I don't have a bounty, I didn't have any cargo on board, and I wasn't doing a mission. 0 cargo. 0 bounty. 0 missions.

A wanted Mk4 Cobra still interdicted me, so I throttled down and let it happen and I let him scan me.
He scans me...then opens fire.

Why? There should be ZERO reason NPCs fire on us unless we are either:

A) On a mission that warned the pilot about opposition being sent in response
B) Wanted or having a bounty
C) Cargo on board

This is extremely poor coding and very, very poor roleplay for the sake of universe cannon. Of course I blasted him to smithereens and yes, interdictions are easy to get out of but still...it should be fixed.

Hah, you think it's bad NOW?

In actual fact, NPC interdictions are much, much better than they ever have been.

The thing is, it's intentional that you always have a *small chance* of being attacked by an aggressive NPC, regardless of what you may be doing. I've seen Fdev/support admit as much various times in the past.

In the past, the rate of this occuring was much higher and also clouded heavily by Powerplay involvement, which thankfully now follows rules of logic and is no longer part of the problem.

Don't get so riled up - show that Cobra IV who's boss, or just ignore him and escape. You'll be fine, it's part of the game!

(In my personal experience, it's such a low chance of this occuring that I can go an entire day of playing in the bubble without getting attacked. It's really not that common!)

Hi guys,

I prefer not to whine about this intridiction issue, but tonight things have taken its toll and I need some help as my ship keeps getting destroyed. Let me show you some proof first.
http://inara.cz/cmdr-flightlog/49020/104154.

If you check my flight logs I got intridicted about six times in my 4 hours of playtime and this is while I am doing low value passenger missions (and nothing else). I wasn't just actively jumping from system to system as I like to take my time doing these missions exploring tourist spots, interesting planets I come across. I am not good at combat (and have no interest in it) and in order to avoid that I always submit to intridiction.

Now my problem is out of this six intridictions 3 times I was intridicted by ship with bigger mass / hull than mine. So, being unable to jump (FSD taking long time to charge) I lose my ship every time a bigger ship pulls me out of supercruise. I have failed 3 passenger missions worth 15 mil and lost some of the faction rep that I gained to get these high value passenger missions as a result.

Can anyone here please suggest a way out of this? I am fairly new to this game and this single intridiction mini game is ruining my overall great experience. Maybe I am doing something wrong here but this whole mini game is not explained propely by fdev, is it?

Edit: forgot to mention I am not pldged to any superpowers and didn't have anything in my cargo/

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I prefer not to whine about this intridiction issue, but tonight things have taken its toll and I need some help as my ship keeps getting destroyed. Let me show you some proof first.
http://inara.cz/cmdr-flightlog/49020/104154.

If you check my flight logs I got intridicted about six times in my 4 hours of playtime and this is while I am doing low value passenger missions (and nothing else). I wasn't just actively jumping from system to system as I like to take my time doing these missions exploring tourist spots, interesting planets I come across. I am not good at combat (and have no interest in it) and in order to avoid that I always submit to intridiction.

Now my problem is out of this six intridictions 3 times I was intridicted by ship with bigger mass / hull than mine. So, being unable to jump (FSD taking long time to charge) I lose my ship every time a bigger ship pulls me out of supercruise. I have failed 3 passenger missions worth 15 mil and lost some of the faction rep that I gained to get these high value passenger missions as a result.

Can anyone here please suggest a way out of this? I am fairly new to this game and this single intridiction mini game is ruining my overall great experience. Maybe I am doing something wrong here but this whole mini game is not explained propely by fdev, is it?

Change the way you play. Go to a system and STAY in that system to do missions or earn credits by combat. Do local things and spend most of your play time in normal space not super cruise. The only way NOT to be interdicted is to minimize your SC time. You can not be interdicted in normal space.

I have noticed this since the 2.2.03 patch myself. Not super frequent thankfully, but does seem a bit off when they are all talking about taking my tasty cargo when I have none. Even happened on a ship I had no cargo space on lol

Had that as well. I donated my used multicannon ammo

Thanks but no thanks.

Dont want to sound rude here but you're telling someone to stay in one system and avoid supercruise whos main activity in the game is exploration.

Last edited:
Thanks but no thanks.

Dont want to sound rude here but you're telling someone to stay in one system and avoid supercruise whos main activity in the game is exploration.

There is a court phrase called "Asked & Answered" The question was asked and it has been answered. MOVE ON COUNSEL Next issue....

Does anyone, really, read the preceding posts before making a complaint?
Seems the reasons for "unfounded interdictions" were pretty well explained several pages ago.

Of course, for full disclosure, I guess I should point out I did not before posting the above to see if some other clever Cmdr had the same observation!

Does anyone, really, read the preceding posts before making a complaint?
Seems the reasons for "unfounded interdictions" were pretty well explained several pages ago.

Of course, for full disclosure, I guess I should point out I did not before posting the above to see if some other clever Cmdr had the same observation!

There are those that continue beating a dead horse because of the ED forum mini-game.

Perhaps there ought to be a pass you can buy which you can wave at those dastardly pirates as an exemption from those who interdict you even though you have nothing of value ...

Or would that be a 'cheap mechanic'?

Perhaps there ought to be a pass you can buy which you can wave at those dastardly pirates as an exemption from those who interdict you even though you have nothing of value ...

Or would that be a 'cheap mechanic'?

The reason that I said its "a cheap mechanic" is because
1- It happens A LOT.
2- It happens in lieu of ANYTHING ELSE to make gameplay challenging or exciting.
3- They use the same generic NPC pirates with the same generic phrases. "I've been looking for you. Now drop that sweet cargo."

So the only dangers in SC are psycho pirates that pop on you out of nowhere (Target Nearest Hostile x 5 = Info: No Hostiles in Rage x 5. Poppa Capinya: "Target located. Commencing Interdiction") and not paying attention to your jump and flying into the star.

They should just add an option to toggle interdictions if you aren't running a mission. I think it would equally satisfy the space truckers and top gunners.

Edit: forgot to mention I am not pldged to any superpowers and didn't have anything in my cargo/

Upgrade your thrusters, put pips in SYS and ENG, spam boost, use high-waking (that's jumping between systems instead of going into supercruise) to get around mass-lock (it doesn't affect high-wake jumps), don't skimp on shielding, try winning the interdiction minigame before giving up and submitting right away, don't pick up passengers that have characteristics likely to get you attacked, use a ship you can actually win fights with...that's everything off the top of my head.

There is a court phrase called "Asked & Answered" The question was asked and it has been answered. MOVE ON COUNSEL Next issue....

Dude, don't be rude. Nobody needs replies like that.

Top Bottom