Nvidia 3090 v 2080TI

My Nvidia 3900 has arrived and doing some quick comparisons between it and my "old" 2080ti.

By no means scientific or "deep" tests!!

PC current Spec and config
Win 10 pro 64bit
i9-9900K - not OC'd
32Gb mem
SSD game install

Running Oculus S
ED set to VR High settings
Using ctrl f to get FPS once ED launched
Using the Oculus Debug tool to set IPD
Sat in station (Traders Rest) in solo just moving head around, and FPS below are the max I see, give or take 1 or 2 FPS

Graphics CardIPDAsyc SpacewarpFPS
2080TI0Auto80
2080TI1.5Auto40
2080TI1.5OFF61
39000Auto80
39001.5Auto80
39002.0Auto40

Any questions let me know - although might take a while to respond as i might be busy this weekend ;)

Is that HMD native resolution (2560*1440 total), with supersampling only via the Occulus debug tool, and none in-game? I don't recall what the VR High preset does with supersampling.

Minimum frame rate would be much more useful than maximums.

Is that HMD native resolution (2560*1440 total), with supersampling only via the Occulus debug tool, and none in-game? I don't recall what the VR High preset does with supersampling.

Minimum frame rate would be much more useful than maximums.
the FPS are the average and are fairly stable give or take 1-2 FPS.
turning async off for 2.0 pd gives 58-60fps

Hi smithers128,

Could you please check if you see some bad effects with flickering like in videos?
This
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvX-jO23R_Q
and This
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WMfsMjENSI

I faced this issue and I afraid that my 1080ti too slow for Elite VR or my CPU i7-3770 too old.
I get used to it on my 4k monitor but can't get used to on my Oculus Quest 2 - it is very annoying

And I afraid that matter is in the game not in the system.

Maybe you have some videos on youtube?

I'd have to look in to this but I'm fairly sure if the Spacewarp feature detects a drop, it automatically sets the FPS to 40 to interleave, so where you're seeing 40 it's probably not an true indication of performance, but rather the software artifically limiting the framerate to do its job.

willisit,
Thank you for the quick answer!
Do you mean that trouble in low fps?
I have the same effect on my monitor.
I will try how it looks if I decrease the resolution.

What is the spacewarp and how I can resolve it?
I decreased the resolution and I see 90 fps but the shimmering is still there

In the picture below I marked some places where I have this effect
Sorry for the bad quality of the picture I did it in low resolution for high fps

20201125183727_1.jpg

Top Bottom