Obsidian Ant: Confirmed Time Requirements To Earn Cosmetics With ARX (Plus Real World Costs)

Ironically not being able to earn ship kits etc now means I’m happy to buy them, whereas if I can earn a kit - but I know it’ll take up to almost 9 months of play (assuming I hit the daily cap, which I won’t) - then I’ll think fdev are being greedy and it’ll put me off buying them.

If I knew earning a ship kit could be done every couple of months I’d be happy that there’s give and take and carry on buying. Knowing they’ve set such a ridiculously high time point - and remember, the free paint job for example is for ONE and not a bundle - I think it’s a bit excessively long.

[QUOTE = "Nasc, publicación: 7999784, miembro: 233994"]
¿Zapatos? No pueden pagarlos
[/CITAR]
or don´t have legs xD(srry my black h)

Based on StuartGT'S figures, my tablet's calculator is telling me that the 100,000 pack represents a 16.6% discount per ARX over the 5,000 pack.

Based on StuartGT'S ObsidianAnt's figures, my tablet's calculator is telling me that the 100,000 pack represents a 16.6% discount per ARX over the 5,000 pack.
FTFY, but yes :) Each of the packs scale in "value":
  • 5,000 ARX @ £2.99 => 0.0598p each ARX
  • 8,820 ARX @ £4.99 => 0.0566p each ARX
  • 17,700 ARX @ £9.99 => 0.0564p each ARX
  • 26,800 ARX @ £14.99 => 0.0559p each ARX
  • 54,000 ARX @ £29.99 => 0.0555p each ARX
  • 100,000 ARX @ £49.99 => 0.0499p each ARX

Bit late to the party this thread, we all went over this in the announcement thread a few days ago.

Although frontier have still not answered if fleet Carriers will be purchasable for 24p.

I think it's great that we can play the game and get cosmetics.

I'd actually like to see more achievement related skins or add ons as well.

PVP skins or decals for PVP kills
Bounty hunter skins for bounty cash accumulated
Black hole decals for numbers of black holes scanned
Etc. Etc. Etc.

Ship kits for specific career paths other than flashy or junky.

Explorers deserve a bunch of antennas and patches for meteorite strikes
Smugglers deserve some legit low reflective camo paints
External party lights for some of the passenger liners etc.

Players will grind for these silly things, and you'll have a reason to play after you accumulated all the currently existing kit.

The 400/week cap is flat out silly IMO. Achievers will play hundreds of hours for cosmetic bling, but artificially slowing the grind just gives them time to play other things.

Cyberpunk is just around the corner...

I always find myself in wonder by how many old timers this forum has... Makes me kinda feel younger.

I'm 50, by the way.

Going back to the subject, I think I will just buy a 100,000 pack and be done with this for the forseeable future. All my ships are midnight black anyway, with just a few shiny paints here and there... It will be just like buying a new AAA game, in terms of price.

Stealthie

Banned
Going back to the subject, I think I will just buy a 100,000 pack and be done with this for the forseeable future. All my ships are midnight black anyway, with just a few shiny paints here and there... It will be just like buying a new AAA game, in terms of price.

That sounds like a great way to buy yourself a slice of LEPer outrage.

"I bought 100,000 Arx and there's nothing new to spend them on!!!!"

Since it is possible to steadily grind play your way through all the paint jobs you feel you need, we are likely to see more sophisticated paint jobs that will be (a) more desirable than the 'plain' or existing two-tone paints and (b) more expensive - so that players will feel compelled to pay for something :)

Since it is possible to steadily grind play your way through all the paint jobs you feel you need, we are likely to see more sophisticated paint jobs that will be (a) more desirable than the 'plain' or existing two-tone paints and (b) more expensive - so that players will feel compelled to pay for something :)

I can't see it changing the buying patterns much. Players are split into cosmetics buyers and non-buyers there isn't much in the way of crossover.

I can't see it changing the buying patterns much. Players are split into cosmetics buyers and non-buyers there isn't much in the way of crossover.
Perhaps it won't, but then again with the lure of some free stuff eventually, they might tempt a few non-buyers into the store.

The problem with all these calculations is that they are dependant on reaching the 400 Arx per week cap. At the moment we don't know how viable it will be for any player to reach the weekly cap.

That sounds like a great way to buy yourself a slice of LEPer outrage.

"I bought 100,000 Arx and there's nothing new to spend them on!!!!"

From the Thursday stream, I believe that now you can easily spot and try a nice paint directly from the game, much more than before. You can easily spend 100,000 without too much effort, so I'm not concerned about this. Usually I'm not into this anyway, but some paints, a ship kit and some name plates from time to time would be nice, without taking the cc out for each one.

A nice option from FD would be to allow me to spend Arx both for my PC and Xbox commanders from the same pool. After all, they are both associated with my Frontier account.

My issue with this....

1. I really don't care, I haven't bought anything in over a year, I may buy something in the future, but honestly it doesn't even register on my interest scale
  2. We are STILL talking about a store update because this is what FD have given us
  3. This is considered part of their content updates for 2019 & it is this issue that really gets me
  4. It's been communicated in a slightly ambiguous and obscure way by a group of individuals who should never, ever work in PR or Marketing
  5. It will be more in your face as they are integrating the store directly into the game
  6. By it's very design it will almost certainly include a level of price inflation and encourage "overbuying"
  7. The quality of their cosmetics especially some of the kits and paint jobs is quite poor in many cases, a bit shoddy, misaligned, poorly rendered etc.. and do not represent value for money
  8. They have spent time & resources on this whilst the game languishes with literally hundreds of bugs and many unfinished features
Other than that I think it's totally fine :p

Last edited:
My issue with this....

1. I really don't care, I haven't bought anything in over a year, I may buy something in the future, but honestly it doesn't even register on my interest scale
  2. We are STILL talking about a store update because this is what FD have given us
  3. This is considered part of their content updates for 2019 & it is this issue that really gets me
  4. It's been communicated in a slightly ambiguous and obscure way by a group of individuals who should never, ever work in PR or Marketing
  5. It will be more in your face as they are integrating the store directly into the game
  6. By it's very design it will almost certainly include a level of price inflation and encourage "overbuying"
  7. The quality of their cosmetics especially some of the kits and paint jobs is quite poor in many cases, a bit shoddy, misaligned, poorly rendered etc.. and do not represent value for money
  8. They have spent time & resources on this whilst the game languishes with literally hundreds of bugs and many unfinished features
Other than that I think it's totally fine :p

CQFD... Perfect résumé.

Top Bottom