Oculus Officially Being Worked On

Mods, you can close all the graphics moaning threads (yes, I know I am guilty too) :)

Michael has made an official statement that not only are they trying to get the latest SDK up and running, in the mean time they are addressing the issues on the rift in game.

Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve such a wonderful dev team. *cries*

Dev update: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=148868

Awesome :) one thing I like about the VR forum is people are generally quite calm and level headed. The past 24 hours started getting me a little worried :/

Let's have a bit of trust in the devs, am sure they are already up to their necks fixing various issues across the board

I'm behind you on your sentiments. It was such a relief to come here from another game/forum that was aimed at teenagers. The forums were a nightmare. Literally 5 out of every 6 posts was a whine/moan/anger thread about some little thing they hated about the game. And it was a really incredible game that broke new grounds, but everyone was just so negative and critical.

Then I came from that to this, and it was like stepping into an air-conditioned room after being in the desert for months

SlackR

Banned
A sensible bunch here yes, but one passionate about both VR and Elite Dangerous. Sometimes you get disappointed if things aren't moving as quickly or in the direction you'd hoped for, but that's only because you care. Accusations of entitlement etc were a bit uncalled for because Frontier weren't particularly forthcoming with VR info.

Am happy they are fixing it and glad it was given some front page exposure in the Dev diary, but I don't like that it took us resorting to shouting in order to get a straightforward answer... Too old for that personally ... I'll leave that to those bemoaning the 10% module scandal! :p We as a sub forum have a lot to offer and I think felt a little put out that for the second time in a row we weren't able to Beta test the VR at launch, because it didn't seem to have been particularly catered for or QC'd.
Just my two cents...

Nice... funny thing is, performance seams to MUCH better with the new SDK.

ooooo care to elabourate?

My "other" big VR game ETS2 already has a version for the new SDK which apparently blows the old version out of the water... but I cant try it yet due to elite!.

ooooo care to elabourate?

My "other" big VR game ETS2 already has a version for the new SDK which apparently blows the old version out of the water... but I cant try it yet due to elite!.

Well, I tried using the DK2 on the Powerplay beta without knowing it wouldn't work properly, and was pleasantly surprised it was working quite well as far as FPS is concerned. It also seams the field of vision got some work done, since everything looked a bit larger (especially the pilot model) and more realistic... as soon as the problems with the compatibility are fixed, it should work a whole lot better then before.

Well, I tried using the DK2 on the Powerplay beta without knowing it wouldn't work properly, and was pleasantly surprised it was working quite well as far as FPS is concerned. It also seams the field of vision got some work done, since everything looked a bit larger (especially the pilot model) and more realistic... as soon as the problems with the compatibility are fixed, it should work a whole lot better then before.

That's GREAT news!

I bet you Frontier's plan was all along to work on this stuff, and with their own tweaks and the SDK's, we will get a massive DK2 boost.

And all the people who moaned will all claim that it's because they moaned that it happened, and Frontier won't correct them because they are awesome and humble and stuff.

Last edited:
Awesoem news :)

That's GREAT news!

I bet you Frontier's plan was all along to work on this stuff, and with their own tweaks and the SDK's, we will get a massive DK2 boost.

And all the people who moaned will all claim that it's because they moaned that it happened, and Frontier won't correct them because they are awesome and humble and stuff.

True dat :p

Top Bottom