Oculus Officially Being Worked On

I have been getting mixed information about the new SDK and elite.
Some people are saying dont use 0.6 SDK, others are saying its fine. So what say all of y'all

Also my gfx in the beta are a lot different from live right now, live seems sharper, text easier to read etc, beta seems a little washed out gfx wise, anyone else share?

I have been getting mixed information about the new SDK and elite.
Some people are saying dont use 0.6 SDK, others are saying its fine. So what say all of y'all

Also my gfx in the beta are a lot different from live right now, live seems sharper, text easier to read etc, beta seems a little washed out gfx wise, anyone else share?

I installed the new SDK las night as a last ditch attempt at getting beta to look reasonable. It didn't help at all and beta still looks very under par compared to the live game.
However, I then played the main live game for a good couple hours with the new SDK still installed and it worked fine for me, so I'll be leaving it be for now.

I think some of you guys who were getting all upset should check out the state of Oculus development in other games. I just tried to play Assetto Corsa with the Rift and almost blew chunks. You can't even reset your Oculus orientation - all it does is change your view height, not yaw or roll (whatever that's called in this context). It was kind of OK until I tried to look left in a turn. Then man, I had to quit, that is just not ready for me at all.

On the flip side I can play Elite for hours with little or no nausea. Certainly nothing like I just experienced from Assetto Corsa. That was a real eye opener, like holy crap.

SlackR

Banned
I think some of you guys who were getting all upset should check out the state of Oculus development in other games. I just tried to play Assetto Corsa with the Rift and almost blew chunks. You can't even reset your Oculus orientation - all it does is change your view height, not yaw or roll (whatever that's called in this context). It was kind of OK until I tried to look left in a turn. Then man, I had to quit, that is just not ready for me at all.

On the flip side I can play Elite for hours with little or no nausea. Certainly nothing like I just experienced from Assetto Corsa. That was a real eye opener, like holy crap.

People only get upset because it is so awesome... This has been done to death but in this subforum you will find criticism yes, but almost always constructive. Many here have been here since day one Alpha with our trusty DK1s and it's been quite a journey. You can't invest that much time without becoming emotionally invested too... So where people have been put out, you can always understand it by putting it in context. I personally couldn't care less about another game but I know what VR is this game can, does and should look like... We have just taken a backward step which is being looked at. People who have done this alpha / beta thing to death get frustrated when the VR always seems to require fixes that shouldn't need us to test, but crop up because they don't seem to have been QAd on Frontiers end before the Beta drops. We want to play / test too and 2D isn't an option anymore for many people here... Neither is a backwards step in the fidelity.
So before anyone else moans about us moaning, please read the threads and understand WHY we are complaining. Anyone else calls me entitled and I will put a bounty on your head so large ... ;)

Last edited:
Hey guys, been lurking in the VR section for weeks, thought it was about time I started posting.

I haven't seen anywhere what the time scale is for the beta and then the public launch, how long do the devs have to do some work to the rift side of things before the big release?

I bought the DK2, upgraded to a GTX 970 and an X52 just for this game. Really looking forward to some hours without (or a lot less) judder!

People only get upset because it is so awesome... This has been done to death but in this subforum you will find criticism yes, but almost always constructive. Many here have been here since day one Alpha with our trusty DK1s and it's been quite a journey. You can't invest that much time without becoming emotionally invested too... So where people have been put out, you can always understand it by putting it in context. I personally couldn't care less about another game but I know what VR is this game can, does and should look like... We have just taken a backward step which is being looked at. People who have done this alpha / beta thing to death get frustrated when the VR always seems to require fixes that shouldn't need us to test, but crop up because they don't seem to have been QAd on Frontiers end before the Beta drops. We want to play / test too and 2D isn't an option anymore for many people here... Neither is a backwards step in the fidelity.
So before anyone else moans about us moaning, please read the threads and understand WHY we are complaining. Anyone else calls me entitled and I will put a bounty on your head so large ... ;)

Hopefully a week give or take

Yep you are definitely a good complainer, but don't speak like your entire entourage are as praiseworthy as you :) - but can you put a bounty on my head anyway? I've never had such an interest in my boring old hunk of space junk

And yes, from what I've been told, every beta so far has been exactly 1 week, but Michael has said that this one could be longer

Last edited:

SlackR

Banned
Last edited:
I've asked for some acknowledgment of the issue in the latest patch notes thread.

- - - Updated - - -

There is hope...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=149347&page=2&p=2299005&viewfull=1#post2299005

Yes was about to say his original statement you shared didn't inspire much confidence did it? But I would place my optimism on the fact that he is executive producer, which means he has his role and isn't aware of all the fine details of the bug checking.

But yes, if you've got HIM to take a look into it, things will definitely move.

Close the whine threads, LoL. That's what we are supposed to do.

Now hurry up and fix the damn rift already.

[edit] While I'm at it, FD knew it was broke, they could have saved a lot of whining by letting us know it was broke BEFORE 1.3b released with a "we are working on it."

Last edited:
Top Bottom