Oculus software update v15

I’ve just had the new software install itself this morning and noticed this little snippet in the patch notes:

• A speech-to-text option has been added to the in-VR keyboard, allowing you to enter text via voice instead of typing. Please note that this feature is only available to a percentage of users at this time.
I’ve not had a chance today to play Elite (too much Alyx getting in the way) but has anyone seen this in the wild? Could be useful for Galaxy map searches or finally breaking my “in VR cannot type” comms silence.

I’m guessing I’d probably need the Oculus store version of ED for this to work, similar to how it’s needed for in-game virtual windows.

I think that is just for the quest not for the rift s. It doesn't appear in the release notes for the rift s.

I think that is just for the quest not for the rift s. It doesn't appear in the release notes for the rift s.
Ah, it appears you’re right and I’m wrong - I looked at the patch notes that came up when the software was installing, but having just looked at the Oculus support website they are indeed listed under “Quest & Go build 15 release notes” and not under the Rift & Rift S ones.

Looks like the new kid is getting all the nice toys :) Now I’m wondering whether I should try the Quest via Link again 🤔

Top Bottom