Odd Interdiction Effect (Empty Instance)

A funny thing happened on the way to Weaver Vision in Cubeo to me today. Was in my anaconda heading to Weaver Vision. Saw another human player in the system. Didn't check their status (yes, yes, shame on me), but continued my approach to Weaver. Standard scattering of traffic in the instance.

Turned out he was Federation, interdicted me a few light seconds from my drop out point. Followed my standard procedure of dropping throttle to zero, expected to drop to sub-light, fingers ready to drop chaff, maybe a SCB and/or heat sink. What happened was that I dropped out of SC as expected, but he didn't drop into my same instance at all. I just followed the "boost-boost-boost-jump" and noted he never joined my instance at all.

Once I arrived at Weaver, I noted he was still in Cubeo, friended him, he accepted. I asked if that was him that interdicted me or if that was an NPC (since the two items overlapped on my radar). Turned out it was him. I asked him what happened to him, same thing happened: dropped out of SC into an empty instance. He thought I C-logged. I explained I didn't and told him same thing happened to me (dropped into empty instance). He did mention something along the lines of {you-know-what} instances in the game.

He understood and I'm glad he took it well. For the record, while I try to avoid combat, I do promote Power Play in Open Only and I can certainly afford the rebuy. Hope he reads this and to him: thanks for understanding, commander.

I was once interdicted doing some PvP when I blew up mid interdiction. I contacted them asking how they killed me and they thought I combat logged. I submitted a vid to frontier and they refunded me lol.

When it happened I thought they had some new exploit but it was a bug.

For them, they inderdicted me but when they won, they were in an empty instance and were trying to find me.

They were just as annoyed as I was, and we ended up fighting without inderticting eachother.

I got interdicted by an NPC yesterday, I think it was, but was near a ring. I submitted to the interdiction, but got dropped out of SC as I slammed into the ring, with no other ship around. So continued on to my destination with no problem.

Not sure if this was a bad instance, or due to the 'emergency drop' as I was too close to the rings, but it was odd.

I've had a few instances of submitting to an interdiction only to find myself all alone as well over the last week or so.

Like @DRPlatus I just thought maybe some gravitational body near me yanked the interdictor off me at the last second, but it HAS happened more in the last week than the previous 3 months combined.

This happened to me today in the CG system. Had a couple players try to interdict me. The first guy failed, second guy pulled me down fast, so I submitted and he just never showed up. Guessing it's a p2p instancing issue?

Last edited:
This happened to me today in the CG system. Had a couple players try to interdict me. The first guy failed, second guy pulled me down fast, so I submitted and he just never showed up. Guessing it's a p2p instancing issue?
I'm not so sure it's just pvp.
I've had similar with npcs
In either case, just try again.
Thinks.. Are npcs allowed to combat log as well ? 🤔

Dropping in an empty instance after a pvp interdiction is quite common, and has been for years.
I'd say I get this in about 20% of all cases. Mostly when there are several people in sc, and the attacker is in a wing. Its some sort of instancing problem.
Just like if you follow another ship to a station, he drops out just before you, but when you drop on the station noone is there.

Had the same thing happen multiple times while hunting in a wing. I was winglocked to his ship when he interdicted an npc. We all got seperated. Had to resort to signal hunting...

Top Bottom