Oddysey feedback

Having no topick for feedback says a lot about what frontier thinks about player feedback.
Yes oddysey is playable, but does anybody want to play it?

So about start mission, its confusing, at least two times i had to gues or find information how to complete objective. Is it so hard to test it thorougly, to improve confusing points? No. its simple, you just dont want to do it, why bother?..

About other missions and game play. So far i almost lost my ship few times trying to do missions.
1. some dude sacned me, i scanned him back, no warning they started to shott me. Well i do not know how scaning is offence punished by death, not profile copying, just scaning if he has warrant on him. Nice. And how they "clearly" state that they would kill you? if its not clear they dont, at least in some cases. okay, add to frusrtation.. BTw in situation liek that it is better for you todie or you would pay your ship redeployment cost.
2. okay scaning is not an option. But on other mission those adepts of frontier scan you liek 5 times, cant they just share info? nothing has changes for the last minute.
3. Third mission, if they want to scan you - you are criminal scum, do not dare t oapproach them to speed up things, casue they woudl just shoot you, welcome to new interesting world of Oddity where npc killing you for nothing, enjoy, and add to frustration.

Then you notice that suites a hard to come by and see and figure out how much grind it would take you to improve anything, and toy start to wonder if beating a crap out of you is purpose of the game, why i even bought this one, wgy am i leaving in hell like this? Yes you actually start quesioning your existance and life chosies. Thanks.

I think i will uninstall this crap and spend some time learning new skills, may be to make a better game than this is.

Thanks for epic fail game with some promices. And thanks for not even considering ship interiors.
PS if you realy want to improve in game experience, you can use this as feed back, gather more, improve immersion interaction, having npc that fly you to mission is nice idea, even woudl be nice to add one to usual fly to have someone to interact, or who would scream in panic if ship is attacked. And stop scanning shenanigans otherwise it is clear you do nto care about players and theor mental heals. And stop it with this stupid grind, no onw needs it. Better make interesting missions, if you can make start mission, you can make a lot more similar with generated content.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Imo
I think i will uninstall this crap and spend some time learning new skills
thumbs up.gif

Jeez!

Kk firstly...not your 1st language I get that.
2) this whole forum is player feedback updates etc. Your in good company. We can help.

Combat ingame requires skill and well setup engineered ships ideally. Running about shooting stuff with a crap ship does result ultimately in boom!
Be careful who you scan. They may not like it.

Last edited:
Well, this was a hearty belly laugh over the carefully concealed "yet another ship interiors" thread!

Shame you found the ulta-simple FPS (according to a few) aspect of EDO so tough, have you considered exploration and scanning Bio instead? None of the ones I've found to date have shot back.

Sadly every single this you said there is wrong, oh wee;

1. some dude sacned me, i scanned him back, no warning they started to shott me. Well i do not know how scaning is offence punished by death, not profile copying, just scaning if he has warrant on him. Nice. And how they "clearly" state that they would kill you? if its not clear they dont, at least in some cases. okay, add to frusrtation.. BTw in situation liek that it is better for you todie or you would pay your ship redeployment cost.
2. okay scaning is not an option. But on other mission those adepts of frontier scan you liek 5 times, cant they just share info? nothing has changes for the last minute.
3. Third mission, if they want to scan you - you are criminal scum, do not dare t oapproach them to speed up things, casue they woudl just shoot you, welcome to new interesting world of Oddity where npc killing you for nothing, enjoy, and add to frustration.

If he has a warrant he dosnt want to be scanned, simple, he will do what he can to stop you, if he has a warrant and dosnt stop you you shoot him for the warrant payout, yes?
Probably a little exageration here, yes occasionally ive been scanned two or three times in quick succesion and thought woah your mate just did this, am i not tagged and recorded on your database ;)
Third mission, if they want to scan you - you are criminal scum, do not dare t oapproach them to speed up things, casue they woudl just shoot you, welcome to new interesting world of Oddity where npc killing you for nothing, enjoy, and add to frustration.
You got too close too fast, they took it as an aggresivew act, unless you did have a warrant or carrying stolen\illeagal items in which case you should be avoiding all contact.
Then you notice that suites a hard to come by and see and figure out how much grind it would take you to improve anything, and toy start to wonder if beating a crap out of you is purpose of the game, why i even bought this one, wgy am i leaving in hell like this?
Suits you can buy partially engineered in the pioneer supplies, for the right price of course or, heaven forbid, play the game, do the missions pick up as you go all mats required for upgrades, its not fast or super easy but it isnt meant to be, it is all doable without engineering, but the engineering helps.

Edit to add the caring is sharing thread. You can find lots of useful pre engineered suits and weapons listed here, but if you want something be quick someone else also wants it.

Last edited:
Isn't the sole reason why we play elite, because it IS the best space flight sim.
So goodluck finding a better.
SC? Yeah fab...but no VR.
And the bugs!
How many systems?
But l do like the open only sandbox server client thing.
No VR!

Probably a little exageration here, yes occasionally ive been scanned two or three times in quick succesion and thought woah your mate just did this, am i not tagged and recorded on your database ;)
To be fair to the NPCs, there is a very good chance that between the scans I might have killed someone or picked up something that would show as stolen, unless it's a simple pick up/delivery mission.

As for the OP there is a certain amount of 'git gud' that is needed. Instead of asking for help and advice (which knowing this community they would have got plenty), they went for the full 'sour grapes' diva tantrum. If they want to give it another go great, if not, with the attitude shown so far, they aren't a great loss.

Having no topick for feedback

There is a whole feedback area under "suggestions".

says a lot about what frontier thinks about player feedback.

They value it (IMO they pay too much attention to it).

Yes oddysey is playable, but does anybody want to play it?

Yes.

So about start mission, its confusing, at least two times i had to gues or find information how to complete objective. Is it so hard to test it thorougly, to improve confusing points? No. its simple, you just dont want to do it, why bother?..

All of the information is in the task

1. some dude sacned me, i scanned him back, no warning they started to shott me. Well i do not know how scaning is offence punished by death, not profile copying, just scaning if he has warrant on him. Nice.

Without knowing full context this is impossible to answer. If you had taken a mission then the mission may have given you illegal materials so if you are scanned they will shoot you

In much the same way as real life, things get duplicated. places have multiple checks at multiple points. This is pretty normal and programming around it would be an

Best not to move when told not to move

Then you notice that suites a hard to come by and see and figure out how much grind it would take you to improve anything

Just don't grind. You don't have to.

I think i will uninstall this crap and spend some time learning new skills, may be to make a better game than this is.

Looking forward to seeing your game!

Thanks for epic fail game with some promices. And thanks for not even considering ship interiors.

Unsure what it's failing on. This mostly seems to be PEBKAC. Ship interiors would provide about five minutes play time and get frustrating a lot more than they are any fun.

PS if you realy want to improve in game experience, you can use this as feed back,

Much more likely to happen if you put it in the dedicated feedback section and also give any information about how you would like things improved

improve immersion interaction

How?

otherwise it is clear you do nto care about players and theor mental heals.

This isn't how development or feedback works

And stop it with this stupid grind, no onw needs it.

Just don't grind. Nobody is making you grind

PS if you realy want to improve in game experience, you can use this as feed back, gather more, improve immersion interaction, having npc that fly you to mission is nice idea, even woudl be nice to add one to usual fly to have someone to interact, or who would scream in panic if ship is attacked. And stop scanning shenanigans otherwise it is clear you do nto care about players and theor mental heals. And stop it with this stupid grind, no onw needs it. Better make interesting missions, if you can make start mission, you can make a lot more similar with generated content.
An inconsidered rant every couple of years clears the mind, eh Soban? (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/kiss-principle-more-fun-less-grind-and-farm.557200/)
I think i will uninstall this crap and spend some time learning new skills.
I think the saying is: 'You're not a breast, no one cares if you bounce.'

Top Bottom