Odyssey Alpha PC Specifications & Download Time

Fired up for me but does not appear to have any control mechanism in place. Tried the keyboard and my (normal) Gamepad. This is on a PC with Quest 2 running the VR desktop.

For the record Odyessy does not need an additional 60GB of disk space. Having deleted a bunch of stuff and backed up some more to make just enough room after the install there is still 30GB of free space and the Frontier_developments folder has gone from 40ish GB to 70ish GB and in other news my 980Ti triple monitor setup can run this at mid settings so I'm sure it could cope with high (possible ultra) on single monitor.

Thanks fort he reply. I think I remapped the key to 'esc', having said that Enter and the arrow keys didn't work either. There is a pointer on the screen which does work except that click and double click don't appear to do anything either

Thanks fort he reply. I think I remapped the key to 'esc', having said that Enter and the arrow keys didn't work either. There is a pointer on the screen which does work except that click and double click don't appear to do anything either

How do you log out?

Pressing P usually does the same as ESC but it's probably not mapped now.

I got there eventually. I forced the game to start in desktop mode as it appears my Quest was getting in the way. I'll try this evening to see how far I get with VR.

Ok...
i5-7600, 16 GB, NVidia GTX 1060 6 GB
Alpha runs smoothly on ultra. Me gusta. :3
Hmmm. At what resolution?

For context i5-8400, 8GB, GTX 1070 8GB (using a custom quality based on Exegious' video)
Horizons VR (Rift) & 4K = 45 (planets) - 60FPS

Odyssesy 4K = 10FPS (inside the station)
but
Odyssesy 1080P = 60FPS

Hmmm. At what resolution?

For context i5-8400, 8GB, GTX 1070 8GB (using a custom quality based on Exegious' video)
Horizons VR (Rift) & 4K = 45 (planets) - 60FPS

Odyssesy 4K = 10FPS (inside the station)
but
Odyssesy 1080P = 60FPS
1280x768 (my normal resolution).

yesterday was having performance issues in 4K on Ultra in the settlements, hovering around 30-40FPS with OC'ed profile loaded, today after hotfix 2, I am getting smooth 60-70 on default profile on GPU. not sure why. i9 9900k gently OC'ed and 2080 Ti stock, only OC'ed for RDR2 untill now lol :p

anybody had an issue where they infiltrated the settlement without triggering alarms, only to auto-fail the mission upon accessing the mission item? I just died like that, I had necessary clearance level copied so don't understand why the alarm went off, and also not triggering alarm was optional condition so who cares if I triggered it or not rly, I got the item so I should have been allowed to continue, but soon as I grabbed it, mission failed. Don't get it.

Founder and Life Time Pass owner - but OK I'm out, current specs just too high for my old reliable rig, runs everything else perfectly except this, cant test due to such poor graphics and lag (yeah its Alpha), but going to wait this one out, heres hoping the optimisation for consoles knocks this back otherwise I'm going to stick with Horizons only.

No real loss, Odyssey is not actualy 'Elite Feet' its just an additional first person twitch based shooter (hense performance issues), and I'm not one for FSP games anyway so not my cup of tea, other bits are just a bolt on, no real content that we've been shown so far outside shooting, and in reality I really do think this is all we will see, yes there will be some POI stuff, and Thargoids but nothing else outside what FD have already alluded to, and what is broken will stay broken, this isnt a true aplha, its a finished game, they just want our feedback to fix optimisation and performance; not what Braben set out to create, this is something different, lets hope the optimisation works; I'll revisit this in 3-6 months time.

ED on sale in PS4 deals, if this still wont work on my PC maybe I'll wait this all out and get it on PS4 at a bargain price! Thats if it makes it to PS4! If its ever optimised I may use Odyssey to stretch the legs, otherwise its just a diverson.

Last edited:
Hello
my machine is a i7-4790 with 8gb RAM and gtx-970 4Gb, Win7. Today i've installed odyssey and the game crash at the client start, it seems it can not create the dx interface, Horizon works very well. Does Odyssey needs win 10 ??? to run ?
thank you for your reply

Top Bottom