Odyssey Alpha PC Specifications & Download Time

I just upgraded my tower yesterday. Managed to get a hold on a RTX 2080 card (cost me a good penny), and at first after I installed it, terrible performance! Realized it needed some tweaking and configuring. Still learning how to optimize things like that. Now it seems great.

But... dang is it hard to find graphic cards... and expensive!

Well my brother is a developer, so he might have some kit lying about!
Although it should be OK on the minimum spec.

Can't bugs be reported onto an alpha forum like the good old days? The issue tracker is broken. What's the point of reporting on it when nobody takes any notice? Just look at the state of the current issue tracker, it's a joke
It's full of stuff that are not bugs.
It's not user friendly.

Greetings Commanders,
...Recommended Specs (High Settings at 1080p)
  • Intel Core i5-8600K / AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (above 4 GHz recommended)
  • 12GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 5500
  • 60GB available space
o7
Hoping by summer the new GPUs availability and pricing is better so I can escape 1080p, go ultra on everything and VR also. I was eyeing a top-end card update but not for $600+ USD over MSRP and having to watch sites 24 hours a day for inventory availability.

Помниться писали что системные требования не изменяться, а тут требования на уровень выше .
Remember they wrote that the system requirements do not change, and here the requirements are higher.
Those are for high settings ... Standard settings are the same that I can tell.
Oops, they are higher even on the low end.

Last edited:
Would that be the 3GB version or the 6GB version? - My 1050ti sits in the middle of the two.....
The 1050 Ti is weaker than a 1060 3GB as long as the VRAM isn't full, so you'll be slightly below recommended regardless. I suspect that at most you'll only have to turn down a few settings to get a smooth 1080p experience, if any at all.
Minimum Specs (Low Settings at 720p)

• Intel Core i5-4590 / AMD FX-4350
  • 8GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 / AMD Radeon R9 280X
  • 60GB available space
I recommend that you adjust the CPU side of the minimum requirements. A FX-4350 is quite a bit weaker than the i5-4590. So either the FX is too weak or the i5 is more than you need ;)

Top Bottom