Odyssey and Horizons Patch - 03/06/2021

Greetings Commanders!

A patch and its change list will arrive tomorrow at 09:00 BST (08:00 UTC) with one hour of expected downtime. It contains many fixes and improvements for Odyssey: UI, optimisation, and much more! Horizons will also receive some improvements.

o7

I managed to play Odyssey for about 40 minutes before a CTD with this patch (on medium graphics settings at ~35fps in space) and actually landed on a planet and walked about for a few minutes (19-21fps).

So that's a new record for me.

Still appallingly unstable and shockingly bad performance on a rig that exceeds the recommended requirements.

The update was a waste of space for me. Does not fix issues at all regarding too many calls and overloading a CPU. 3 times after the patch I got the white X red circle as the game ground to a halt.
Yeah that's what es me off the most; the patch notes claim to fix specific things, but it only takes a cursory 5 minute jaunt around the game to be able to see that none of the things they said they fixed are actually fixed.

Game for me is just as borked today as it was yesterday. It's getting legit maddening that a product i paid $40 is not only this broken, but the supposed patches do almost literally zero things to address any of it.

Yeah my frame rates were slightly better, but tbh my frame rates weren’t bad to begin with. I am suffering with CTD now - 3x today as a matter of fact, all random. Dunno why, dunno what you did, but something is still busted under the hood.

There are patch notes:

Do you think this:

Elite Dangerous: Horizons [PC & Console]

• A number of stability improvements have been made.
  • The Alphekka system has been updated to contain an eclipsing binary of Class A and Class G stars.
  • Corrected erroneous planet names in Sharur and Tau Ceti
tells something? A number of "things" were done? Lol.

Anyway after the patch the game is unplayable for me. I was at the limit between 25 and 30 fps and now i get 4 to 7 docked on a station. But i guess the "stability" has been improved. Congrats to the fortunate who can play it.

PD: sorry i didn´t mention i was playing Horizons. My mistake. I understand that there is more info about odyssey. I was not clear. And thanks for linking the notes btw. Cheers.

yesterday, ground ops were acceptable, guards walked the post, scanned quickly and efficiently and was almost fun to play, today after update its all janky again. guards twist, jump and takes 4 minutes to scan a commander. a simple collection mission is behind a lvl 0 secure area in a hab?? one day you fix things, the next you break them. this is no way to do things. you should have better quality control than this, once you fix things, make sure they stay fixed. one step forward and 2 steps back makes everyone mad.

Top Bottom