Odyssey Conflict Ending Bug

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
We have a situation where conflicts are not registering their final day. We have 40 more conflicts today than at the start of Odyssey - some of that is due to the increased number of things to fight over, but some also do them sitting there at 3-0 despite input.

1621586470302.png

Sounds like another thing which failed regression testing... do you mind spinning up a ticket and linking it in this thread?

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
its not all conflicts, just not seen enough to know what ties the non-ending ones - I thought it was them not ending early - but we have a 3-3 with effort on the 7th day also not ending

I have an issue with a conflict that I cannot have any affect on. No matter how many CZs I win the conflict says at a draws. The conflict has been going on for four days and the information tab and the station says that both factions have dominated the conflict for four days..

Yes, it is really weird. For example 1 of my faction's wars day concluded not with tick, but...few hours before next day's tick, it was "1:2, tick, 1:2, nearly whole day, few hours before next tick 2:2, tick, 3:2 (info from faction status on station, meanwhile in game it is still draw). I guess, that after few hours I will see end of war in system, not only on station.

Yes, it is really weird. For example 1 of my faction's wars day concluded not with tick, but...few hours before next day's tick, it was "1:2, tick, 1:2, nearly whole day, few hours before next tick 2:2, tick, 3:2 (info from faction status on station, meanwhile in game it is still draw). I guess, that after few hours I will see end of war in system, not only on station.
i wonder whether they collate info/effect from both odyssee and base game seperately, so basically a double tick, which would be fine for influence, but not for conflicts.

seems to be sorted - the conflicts ending at least. 6 hours for the tick to progress is a bit annoying
I've seen a gap of around 8 hours between state and influence ticks in some systems.

I guess it's finally given me the impetus to actually handle that gap properly as opposed to just ignoring it when it was about 15 minutes...

we are seeing, what i analyse as
a) "a state tick" - states counting up, for exampel election counts days or ends, expansion going through etc.
b) a first influence tick.
c) a second influence tick based on/after a+b.

for me it looks as if the bgs algorythm walks through all systems once - changes states, than changes influence from one client type. than going through all systems and calculates from second client type "final" tick influence.

the question would be, whether it calculates first from base game or odyssee actions; data yesterday looks to me as if it would calculate odyssee first, than base game (because it took into account a rather large chunk of bounty redeems from the base game).

maybe that meets what other people are seeing as well?

Things are changing on the servers without any acknowledgement, so it could be different each day.
Yesterday:
States changes and inf update at normal tick time. These changes only visible in EDH
A further raft of inf changes at about 2300 which are also visible in EDO.

Our system that moved so obviously incorrectly at the 23:00 tick yesterday has not moved at all at today's normal tick despite action being done.
Other systems have moved. (they may have moved at the 23:00 tick, but it not be reported, so todays changes may actually have happened yesterday)

What about conflicts ending too soon? So far I've seen it twice. One comcluded with a 2-0 Victory and today one with a 2-2 Draw.
If the conflict didn't have any input on some of the days that's normal - they last a maximum of 7 days whether people fight in them or not, which is fairly common especially for non-controlling factions in quiet systems.

If the conflict didn't have any input on some of the days that's normal - they last a maximum of 7 days whether people fight in them or not, which is fairly common especially for non-controlling factions in quiet systems.
Sorry, but I'm not sure if you didn't undertstand what I said.
You are saying that is is normal for a conflict to end in only 2 days? (or 4 days but in a draw)
at least I nor anyone in my squadron had seen that before odyssey.

EDIT: oh wait... so if no one fights during some days it just doesn't count as a win for anyone? I thought the bgs always took care for it so someone would always win.

Last edited:
EDIT: oh wait... so if no one fights during some days it just doesn't count as a win for anyone? I thought the bgs always took care for it so someone would always win.
Yes, that's it. So the score you see only counts wins, I'm not sure there's any in-game way to find out how many drawn days there have been if you don't remember when the conflict started.

I think it would be incredibly unlikely to get an exact draw if there were people actually participating, unless you deliberately arranged it, but "no score draws" have been common for a while when literally no-one shows up all day on either side.

Of course, by definition they occur on the conflicts no-one cares about, so they're easy to miss.

Top Bottom