Odyssey: Loot Not Refreshing.

I don't know what's going on with this, but loot and data at very specific types of planetary points of interests (Impact Sites, Minor Wreckage) will not refresh. Flying 30km and going back down does not work. Going to supercruise and immediately exiting to fly back down does not work. Re-logging does not work. Re-starting the game completely does not work. I had just cleaned out a minor wreckage site a few minutes ago, went to an impact site after that which was 10.9Ls away. I went back to the original minor wreckage site. The enemies had respawned, the loot did not. This has been the case with literally every impact and minor wreckage site I've visited since I learned about what they carry.

The Irregular Marker loot respawns, but not the other two POIs. I don't know if this is a bug or if its intended. If It's intended, I'm likely going to just drop this game altogether. I did my time engineering my fleet in Horizons, I don't really have the patience to do it over again with the collection being forced to one time per location, especially when these things can give manufacturing data. I've run upwards of 15 (really big number, I know </s>) restore/recovery settlements and not seen a single manufacturing data from any panel. This is extremely troubling given that I'm seeing that it's required for damn near everything.

Settlement loot and Irregular Marker loot respawns with the aforementioned technique, but not the two specific sites. I did plenty of digging but the most recent post I saw of this specific issue was almost a year ago.

This picture was taken at the original site after flying to the second site 10.9Ls away and returning. The enemies respawned, and you can plainly see the corpses. You can also see that the panels are cut off of the back of the SRV, and that the crate is open and empty.

Again, I'm hoping this is a bug because if it's intentional I'm not going to bother continuing with this. I've done the engineering grind in Horizons. Having to do it again without being able to re-spawn loot is too much for my taste.

Attachments

• 20221106053501_1.jpg
    20221106053501_1.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 28
Not sure if it's a bug or not but I have on occasion gone to a POI that I haven't been to and found it already emptied.

Manufacturing Instructions are a plentiful mission reward though. So I personally would miss relogging POIs for them.

Really? I haven't seen them as a reward once.
MImission.jpg

On the mission board of the station I logged into just now. Actually, a bit sparse today but that's RNG for you. 🤷‍♂️ Have seen days when there were 4-5 missions offering 2-3 each. If you have a team the Protect missions sometimes offer 3 or 5. Or you might do it yourself.

Top Bottom