Odyssey material trading thread.

If you are trying to unlock Oden forget about the data. Its biological samples btw, not biometric data.
I took a couple missions for a hydroponics lab, digital espionage type, although I dont think the mission type really matters as long as the site is active. I found 5 biological samples between the 2 agri dome type buildings each time. Try hydroponic type sites, active ones, with those agri domes. You'll have 20 bio samples in no time at all from the lockers inside them.
what system have you been hitting because the agri domes i hit dont spawn them often

Purging cloned ID is in item wheel. Access to backpack is in Insight Hub. Different stuff.
Yes. Sadly, without a manual for reference, I keep getting them confused when I don't have the game actually up in front of me.

I have successfully dumped materials now. Very handy...even when your Maverick suit has the increased capacity mod.

Well I'll give this a whirl. I propose this. Ive got Smear campaigns I want to trade. I need SDP. The players (you and I) meet in a pvt group. We land some distance away from each other and dismiss our ships. Trading mats only in backpack. SRV over to each other disembark and each Cmdr. drops ONE mat (in this case data). Exchange completed, return to SRV/manage inventory, and collect ONE more of the mat. Hoof it over to each other and repeat until transaction is completed. Cumbersome certainly but moderately safe and risk of one mat at a time. At worst, you loose one mat/data and possibly and SRV.

Well I'll give this a whirl. I propose this. Ive got Smear campaigns I want to trade. I need SDP. The players (you and I) meet in a pvt group. We land some distance away from each other and dismiss our ships. Trading mats only in backpack. SRV over to each other disembark and each Cmdr. drops ONE mat (in this case data). Exchange completed, return to SRV/manage inventory, and collect ONE more of the mat. Hoof it over to each other and repeat until transaction is completed. Cumbersome certainly but moderately safe and risk of one mat at a time. At worst, you loose one mat/data and possibly and SRV.
Did trust get removed from the game with update 6?

Sad to say; I've been burned numerous times in life, trust went out the door decades ago. I believe the lack of takers on the offer of a trade means the same for most other players.

Sad to say; I've been burned numerous times in life, trust went out the door decades ago. I believe the lack of takers on the offer of a trade means the same for most other players.
This is not life, it's a game. Unless someone has failed to deliver in game already, there should be a presumption of trust. Even trading 5 items at a time would be better.

The lack of takers for trade could be down to a number of reasons. Not everyone reads this type of post, or they need the items you are after for their own uses. And there is an existing, well established thread about exchanging.

Many CMDRs once they have done their engineer unlocks will continue to collect wanted items and donate. I am sitting on a range of items to donate, from push to SCPs*, but there seem to be more CMDRs with stuff to donate than takers.

* The biggest hard to find item appears to be SDPs, although CMDR MV Banks seems to have the Midas touch when it comes to finding them. He is a very generous donor and many CMDRs, myself included, are very grateful to him.

There are a number of pointers as to where SDPs can be found, but the farming may not work for everyone.

Steve. 07.

Last edited:
Here it is

This is not life, it's a game. Unless someone has failed to deliver in game already, there should be a presumption of trust. Even trading 5 items at a time would be better.

The lack of takers for trade could be down to a number of reasons. Not everyone reads this type of post, or they need the items you are after for their own uses. And there is an existing, well established thread about exchanging.

Many CMDRs once they have done their engineer unlocks will continue to collect wanted items and donate. I am sitting on a range of items to donate, from push to SCPs*, but there seem to be more CMDRs with stuff to donate than takers.

* The biggest hard to find item appears to be SDPs, although CMDR MV Banks seems to have the Midas touch when it comes to finding them. He is a very generous donor and many CMDRs, myself included, are very grateful to him.

There are a number of pointers as to where SDPs can be found, but the farming may not work for everyone.

Steve. 07.
I am not saying trust cannot be built. But a presumption of trust is asking too much. For heavens sake look around you, look at the world we live in in 2021. Would you trust a perfect stranger you never met walking down the street? Wisely, I think not. How is inside a game any different than that? Inside the game people can live their alter ego of being the villian. I've seen it in Eve Online. People I knew in my corp (in Eve) would leave and venture out to be pirates/killers/raiders/ etc because they CAN. Its a way to do the things they would never dare do in real life. So inside the game is even more reason not to trust blindly.

I am not saying trust cannot be built. But a presumption of trust is asking too much. For heavens sake look around you, look at the world we live in in 2021. Would you trust a perfect stranger you never met walking down the street? Wisely, I think not. How is inside a game any different than that? Inside the game people can live their alter ego of being the villian. I've seen it in Eve Online. People I knew in my corp (in Eve) would leave and venture out to be pirates/killers/raiders/ etc because they CAN. Its a way to do the things they would never dare do in real life. So inside the game is even more reason not to trust blindly.
Traded some stuff with other commanders, they all went smoothly, but I gotta admit, I had my finger on the draw weapon key, and my shields up.

Traded some stuff with other commanders, they all went smoothly, but I gotta admit, I had my finger on the draw weapon key, and my shields up.
So I have to ask. Did you risk it all and drop everything at once? Or did you drop a couple and the other player reciprocate? Thus completing the transaction over a couple drops?

So I have to ask. Did you risk it all and drop everything at once? Or did you drop a couple and the other player reciprocate? Thus completing the transaction over a couple drops?
The first one, I dropped everything, and luckily, they did the same seconds after

The second one, I waited for them to drop stuff, then dropped my stuff.

All the others I just chucked my stuff on the ground thinking - well, I either get stuff I need, or, not, I don't need this stuff anyway.

I drop everything at once, but sometimes it's not possible if there's more than 10, and I'm not sure if other cmdr has large backpack mod. It's better to not drop everything at once,
'cause sometimes visibility is not good, things can sink in the grounds in high G etc. About trust - I did this exchanges about 10 times, with 7 - 8 cmdrs, not sure, and everything was ok. In the end - what have I got to lose? Some data which I don't need? SRV destroyed? I have 4 of them in Krait Phantom. Even if my ship is destroyed - it's 8 M rebuy and I have 40 B from playing Horizons. So, I don't care. If somebody will come to kill me, I will search for revenge later, and it can bring some liveliness and excitement in the game :)
But what can I get from exchanges? Some friends in the game. That's a big win.

Last edited:
I drop everything at once, but sometimes it's not possible if there's more than 10, and I'm not sure if other cmdr has large backpack mod. It's better to not drop everything at once,
'cause sometimes visibility is not good, things can sink in the grounds in high G etc. About trust - I did this exchanges about 10 times, with 7 - 8 cmdrs, not sure, and everything was ok. In the end - what have I got to lose? Some data which I don't need? SRV destroyed? I have 4 of them in Krait Phantom. Even if my ship is destroyed - it's 8 M rebuy and I have 40 B from playing Horizons. So, I don't care. If somebody will come to kill me, I will search for revenge later, and it can bring some liveliness and excitement in the game :)
But what can I get from exchanges? Some friends in the game. That's a big win.
Yep, the risk, which honestly seems minimal, is worth the reward.

Top Bottom