Odyssey Premium Weapon and Suit stock

I know ppl in these forums don't like to look at other people's threads - but the gear swapshop has been going for a while now - many happy customers :)

Greetings Commanders,

We have seen some discussion regarding where to buy premium weapons and suits in Elite Dangerous: Odyssey and we wanted to clarify this further.

Premium weapons and suits are the truly valuable items with different stats that Pioneer Supplies stores like to bring out for the most enthusiastic clients. What that means is that these premium items are unique exclusives and once purchased, they are gone. This means one Commander can buy them and then that item is no longer for sale. If you see someone suggest they got a certain premium weapon from store X they are the ONLY person to have purchased it. That item will not be available in that store should you go and investigate yourselves.

So if you see a premium weapon or suit, make sure to grab it quick before someone else snaps it up! In future we may increase the stock availability of premium items but right now these are unique exclusive items.

o7
Indirectly related but why do the lowest threat combat missions seem overtuned to require something higher than the lowest rank weapons and suits? One would think those would be doable - at a reasonable challenge level - without upgrades.

Indirectly related but why do the lowest threat combat missions seem overtuned to require something higher than the lowest rank weapons and suits? One would think those would be doable - at a reasonable challenge level - without upgrades.

The actually are doable. You just need to get some experience. For instance: Whatever you do.. Dont try face tank. Use lasers for shields. Switch weapons and use bullets for flesh

Greetings Commanders,

We have seen some discussion regarding where to buy premium weapons and suits in Elite Dangerous: Odyssey and we wanted to clarify this further.

Premium weapons and suits are the truly valuable items with different stats that Pioneer Supplies stores like to bring out for the most enthusiastic clients. What that means is that these premium items are unique exclusives and once purchased, they are gone. This means one Commander can buy them and then that item is no longer for sale. If you see someone suggest they got a certain premium weapon from store X they are the ONLY person to have purchased it. That item will not be available in that store should you go and investigate yourselves.

So if you see a premium weapon or suit, make sure to grab it quick before someone else snaps it up! In future we may increase the stock availability of premium items but right now these are unique exclusive items.

o7

What could have been great was if Player Groups had an in game headquarters where they could have manufactured such guns to sell to other players instead of them spawning randomly. Way back in 2015 iirc you said you'd consider allowing Player Groups to have their own ship modules to sell and fleet carriers were meant to be said Player Group's HQ. You could have monetised it by allowing Player Groups to buy advertising space using in game banners or cosmetic changes for the guns. It would be a player driven economy that didn't affect the existing game economy. Personally I think you missed a trick there, but that's just my opinion.

CMDR Justinian Octavius

If you see someone suggest they got a certain premium weapon from store X they are the ONLY person to have purchased it. That item will not be available in that store should you go and investigate yourselves.
I think this wording has created some additional confusion. Can you confirm that you're saying the vendor does not have a supply of these exceptional items, but that vendor then has a chance again in the future to have it (or some other exceptional item) based on something like a per-tick roll of the virtual dice?

Also, can you confirm that economy types affect the probability of a special item spawning, e.g., at high tech or military economy systems?

Do these items accumulate, so that off-the-beaten-path vendors may get one and hold onto it for days or weeks until a commander notices and buys it?

The actually are doable. You just need to get some experience. For instance: Whatever you do.. Dont try face tank. Use lasers for shields. Switch weapons and use bullets for flesh
I have played FPS games for many years. I believe I can judge difficulty. The fact that you are describing tactics so much for what is meant to be the EASIEST missions available is telling. It is also comparable to the easiest combat missions in space, you should not need to use the full gamut of strategy including energy weapons and kinetic weapons for maximum effect.

It's not just a matter of not face tanking, you have to duck for cover constantly because your shield drop so insanely quickly, and importantly their shields do not.

Yes, it's doable, but that isn't the point. This game has many RPG aspects to it and the feeling is that I am going in undergeared-- which shouldn't be possible on the easiest missions as it's just plain sense they are designed for people starting out (so they won't have gear yet).

I expect harder challenge at higher threat levels, obviously-- everything you say I would completely agree with if it was Threat 4 or something or higher (Threat 2 is the lowest I can find). Given this, please let's not descend into the tiresome realm of "Get good."

I'm sure you are going to go into the "Get good" debate anyway, because it happens every single time. It's not because I can't do it, it's more that.. well I've just said it's just overtuned for the difficulty 'setting' it purports to be.

I understand your point and I agree. However the thing is that I do not think that 'killing' missions should have a 80-90% chance of success. Especially with less advanced gear.

Same for Frontline. Sometimes you just loose even tho you did really well. I can accept that in a game.

I think this wording has created some additional confusion. Can you confirm that you're saying the vendor does not have a supply of these exceptional items, but that vendor then has a chance again in the future to have it (or some other exceptional item) based on something like a per-tick roll of the virtual dice?

Also, can you confirm that economy types affect the probability of a special item spawning, e.g., at high tech or military economy systems?

Do these items accumulate, so that off-the-beaten-path vendors may get one and hold onto it for days or weeks until a commander notices and buys it?
The final paragraph of the OP heavily implies that these items will not spawn unless Frontier decides to add more. That is not an automated process.

And here I was hoping the post was announcing a fix to this “system”.

It took me 2 hours to get enough materials to take a suit from G1 to G2.

By flying around to various stations I picked up three g3 suits, two g2 suits, and three G3 guns... all in 2 hours.

I don’t mind the availability of pre upgrades suits. I don’t like how I have no incentive to upgrade anything on my own.

So I suggest a small change: mods players applied themselves can be removed and stored for later reuse. Pre-upgraded equipment mods are permanent.

Yesterday in the livestream there was talking about rare "hybrid" stuff to which exactly what you wrote would apply (when gone then gone). Now these Gx slot-upgraded stuff is not "hybrid" in any way. Is this thread then about something different or is it about those?
Confused again from a clarification post...

Greetings Commanders,

o7
Can they come back to the same station?

Greetings Commanders,

o7
Can you clarify if these are on a replenishing timer Please?

Can you clarify if these are on a replenishing timer Please?
YES Please! Diminishing returns finding upgraded items over time.

Last Friday, I found at ~50% station stops there were level 2 or 3 suits and weapons, with some engineered.
Monday-Tuesday: 10 systems, 38 stations checked. found 13 upgraded items (26%) of that 3 were engineered (found a night vision Dominator suit)

Top Bottom