ANNOUNCEMENT Odyssey Update 2021

Car seller X launches a new car. Several customers' cars catch on fire after driving the car only 20-30 miles.
What does car seller X do??

1) hire a PR team, deny the problem, admit a much smaller problem, claim people whose cars exploded must not be good drivers or must have been wearing clothing that accelerated the fires.
2) place their new defective car model in popular shows and media orgs, paying personalities and brand managers to make the car look good, respond incredulously to any critics -- "Well MY experience with car X has been fabulous, and for 1000s of miles by now! Maybe you folks having explosions should find another hobby!"

--OR--

1) seller X own the mistake publicly and apologizes, offer compensation for any affected customers(obviously games dont explode, but you get my analogy), fix the mistake, move on, continue doing business and having customers after WORKING TO RESTORE CONSUMER CONFIDENCE.

Car seller X launches a new car. Several customers' cars catch on fire after driving the car only 20-30 miles.
What does car seller X do??

1) hire a PR team, deny the problem, admit a much smaller problem, claim people whose cars exploded must not be good drivers or must have been wearing clothing that accelerated the fires.
2) place their new defective car model in popular shows and media orgs, paying personalities and brand managers to make the car look good, respond incredulously to any critics -- "Well MY experience with car X has been fabulous, and for 1000s of miles by now! Maybe you folks having explosions should find another hobby!"

--OR--

1) seller X own the mistake publicly and apologizes, offer compensation for any affected customers(obviously games dont explode, but you get my analogy), fix the mistake, move on, continue doing business and having customers after WORKING TO RESTORE CONSUMER CONFIDENCE.
sir if you do not like the game or do not feel comfortable that the game has errors and is being repaired little by little, you can choose to dedicate yourself to something else, you believe that people who pay windows 10 license and receive all the time updates are complaining and criticizing Microsoft all the time? although windows is not stable at% 100, or any other game, call of duty warzone, star cityzen, it is nothing personal but dedicate yourself to something else good sir

sir if you do not like the game or do not feel comfortable that the game has errors and is being repaired little by little, you can choose to dedicate yourself to something else, you believe that people who pay windows 10 license and receive all the time updates are complaining and criticizing Microsoft all the time? although windows is not stable at% 100, or any other game, call of duty warzone, star cityzen, it is nothing personal but dedicate yourself to something else good sir
Sir, if this is your attempt to defend the brand after the last 25 days of what most of us know about it all, good day to you, sir. Good day. Try again with someone else?

By the way, you can choose to do something else. Yeah. Thats right.

Here's a good one: "Quality Assurance is integral to the success of any game development project. At Frontier Developments we strive to hire the most talented and passionate QA testers to staff our flexible, cross project department. We work with a large variety of technology and put an emphasis on QA-developer collaboration." https://www.frontier.co.uk/job-categories/quality-assurance
Hilarious lol, that should be Fd's next April Fools.

Oh, hey, by the way -- love your brand new account.

Let me guess - you must have been playing Elite Dangerous since 1982, but never registered a forum account and JUST NOW made one to come defend this game.

Sir, if this is your attempt to defend the brand after the last 25 days of what most of us know about it all, good day to you, sir. Good day. Try again with someone else?

By the way, you can choose to do something else. Yeah. Thats right.
If a game made me this angry, I would seriously find another. Not having a dig, just why spend this amount of time being this annoyed?

If a game made me this angry, I would seriously find another. Not having a dig, just why spend this amount of time being this annoyed?
How angry would you say is "this" angry? I dont recall interacting with you, sharing anything other than rational anger and careful analysis of everything that has gone on here, so perhaps you could help me understand?

Where am I most angry, would you say?

So, let me just say, I have great hopes for Elite, regardless of how badly this launch went, and I do hope that Frontier can rebuild CONSUMER CONFIDENCE -- which is a kind of currency that many businesses and corporations used to understand much, much better than they do today. Today, in the internet age where a well placed viral comment can make or break a company whether or not the company deserves it, strategies and philosophies have changed.

I understand its tempting to try to manage consumer confidence the cheaper, less honest way that the internet encourages, but it really isnt a good look for the whole marketplace, and it increases fighting and bad feelings on vendor retail spaces, such as this forum.

I really do love games like this, and I love the idea behind Elite most of all, Frontier aside, but if brand management by Frontier continues to take this turn for the worse, and moderators don't stop trolls when those trolls defend the brand... this will, indeed, grant today's brand managers their wish -- we will, indeed, find another game.

As a footnote, its funny to me that pro-brand accounts have now fallen back to "well, just go find another game then" because of their inability to substantively defend the game otherwise. I guess, at this point, its better to lose customers, when those customers are reasonably angry, then to allow them to vent their frustrations on Frontier's beta test here.

Emotions runs high, however if you look at over a period of time it could turn in many ways, some as you predict and some in a more positive direction. CQC, PP and more was never a request nor was it informed as a part of the game, still it was produced and a considerable amount of time consumed on each function was dedicated to these gameplay mechanics.

FDEV was never good at communication, only back in 2012 when it all started the communication was close with the community. Nowadays not so much. I predict that when the dust settles the game will be fixed and things will return to normal, and when I say normal it’s not positive or negative, just as it was before all this mess happened. As long as they make a profit they will do as they always did, under the rug, and that’s it.

If you want influence you need to organize and start buying shares, but that’s a whole lot more than just $40 quid.
Or, just not buy the product until it's complete.

Errors will be corrected, performance will be increased in this no one doubts.
But what to do with the change in the concept of the game? Or these two worlds will be separate?

Errors will be corrected, performance will be increased in this no one doubts.
But what to do with the change in the concept of the game? Or these two worlds will be separate?
Two worlds? ED has hundreds of billions of worlds. All of them separate. And stuff like Powerplay was already at one remove. You can use ships in grounds assaults, so what's the problem with "space legs"? It's what a tiny but vocal minority have been shouting for these last 6 or 7 years.

Two worlds? ED has hundreds of billions of worlds. All of them separate. And stuff like Powerplay was already at one remove. You can use ships in grounds assaults, so what's the problem with "space legs"? It's what a tiny but vocal minority have been shouting for these last 6 or 7 years.
It's probably a translation difficulty, but I'll try to explain it to YOU. You don't have to work in a computer factory to buy a computer. And you don't have to work as a cook to buy your own food.

I will buy and play the game when it's complete, the bugs are fixed, and it includes full VR support. Not a moment before. I don't pay for alpha and beta releases. If more people did as I do, we wouldn't be here bickering, now would we?
LOL thats funny because this game hasnt been complete since launch 10 years ago. Dont hold your breath, what you got right now is what youre getting. There are a lot of shills and fan boys calling people names because they call out the rubbish.

"theyll fix it" its been 10 years when are they gonna fix it?

It's probably a translation difficulty, but I'll try to explain it to YOU. You don't have to work in a computer factory to buy a computer. And you don't have to work as a cook to buy your own food.
lol this is a terrible argument. This was a DLC release, not a new game. Nothing new at all except a lighting update.

I'd like to see you power up a base mainframe, copy hard drive and get your gear back before any raiders find you in your ship.

Or disable base defences by knobbling both the controls and the hardware in your ship.

Or plant a virus in the production systems of another faction from your ship.

Or assassinate a VIP without alerting the authorities .. in your ship?
i mean none of those can be completed the proper way. So yeah you can do them all in your ship.

Top Bottom