ANNOUNCEMENT Odyssey Update 2021

I think we should be careful not to harm any straw men while we're discussing the news. I've personally not seen anyone call for Frontier or its employees work on the game at the risk of their health.

I agree and that's why I left that part as an afterthought at the end.

There were people, even if only a few, moaning when it was delayed from end of 2020 to early 2021 that Covid was being used as an 'excuse'.

The first part of my post still stands though. I don't want to see the game released on consoles until it works.

Reading through some of the comments made me chuckle lol. So many people seem to think the delay is due to cyberpunk 2077 and I'm confused as to why, not all Devs are like CD projekt. Maybe the console release is being delayed due to lack of access to the consoles Dev kits to test the updates properly? Unless things have changed in the past few years when I last visited a developer they had Dev kit consoles which seemed to be hooked upto the computers and these were used to create games, moving these to people's homes might be difficult so you'd need to physically be on the office which right now is not adviced due to a certain virus strain doing the rounds.

I might be wrong and my Dev knowledge might be outdated.

Yep, same as with Elite Dangerous 1.0 and Horizons 2.0
but not for any additional functionality provided since July 2017 when the PS4 launched
(e.g.: Elite 3.0 - Beyond - all platforms at once, New ships - all platforms at once, Thargoids - all platforms at once, Mining changes - all platforms at once, Fleet carriers - all platforms at once. - your example is selective)

So is this a second or third delay? Im losing count? See, this is why they call us console people "peasants". Because its exactly how we are treated, second class.
We just don't have the ability to do as much with the buttons on the console...

...keyboard/mouse support? kkthxbai

Expected this to happen so not surprised. Good thing is it could be a birthday present for me as it's around that time.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Arf, very much appreciate the transparency.

No game is worth one human life.

Covid should be everyone's main concern. Children are at home now. Frankly, the education and care of children should be prioritized over work not essential to the Crisis, that means video game development.

Take care and optimize sanity please.

o7

Now that is also being ripped away. Us console players can join when all the taggings and visitations have been done, great... :(
Just have some bloody patience. I'm a console player too but I am not that eager to get my name on a bloody planet in a video game.
As good as ED is, there are more important things in life than tagging a make believe planet in a game that's not going to be seen by the majority of gamers.
Besides, I doubt the entire bubble will be stomped all over and tagged during the time there is a pc release and a console release.

Top Bottom