ANNOUNCEMENT Odyssey Update 2021

I for one am hoping: They polish up the squadrons system, I can see what modules stations and fleet carriers have WITHOUT having to tab out (or at least what ones are public) if I have been there before, I am able to use BOTH my SLFs as npcs in solo, they fix the multiplayer SLF bug, multicrew and wings are integrated (maybe remove the pip bonuses per extra cmdr in the wing beyond the initial ship's capacity still keeping the 4 ship wing limit), and better p2p handling to allow more players to instance together (although this is likely no small feat).

It would be so cool to have like 9 buddies in a 4 ship wing go thargoid hunting with crew piloting SLFs

I hope most of these are handled in odyssey and it isn't just fluff, because to me these are quality of life issues that made sense at release but should likely have been taken care of by now.

o7 CMDRs and thanks for listening to my rambling!

And no planetary shadows from rings....sad!

i would LOVE to see accretion disks for nearby stars:

960px-Accretion_disk.jpg

Cargo running missions are shockingly bad payouts and few and far between.
Whattt? At Jameson i pull out one/two 35/50 million missions at every board refresh one jump away, most of the times they are very low cargo stuff....atm Trade is the best paying activity and by far! ;)

Whattt? At Jameson i pull out one/two 35/50 million missions at every board refresh one jump away, most of the times they are very low cargo stuff....atm Trade is the best paying activity and by far! ;)

I was at Ceos the other day, 50m run for gold if I wanted but I wasn't there for that, but you really have to be maximum rep with all the factions to really get a decent amount with cargo missions. Plenty of mission for landmines paying between 3m and 6m each. I wouldn't say it's best, but it's certainly up there with most money for least risk.

I for one am hoping: They polish up the squadrons system, I can see what modules stations and fleet carriers have WITHOUT having to tab out (or at least what ones are public) if I have been there before, I am able to use BOTH my SLFs as npcs in solo, they fix the multiplayer SLF bug, multicrew and wings are integrated (maybe remove the pip bonuses per extra cmdr in the wing beyond the initial ship's capacity still keeping the 4 ship wing limit), and better p2p handling to allow more players to instance together (although this is likely no small feat).

It would be so cool to have like 9 buddies in a 4 ship wing go thargoid hunting with crew piloting SLFs

I hope most of these are handled in odyssey and it isn't just fluff, because to me these are quality of life issues that made sense at release but should likely have been taken care of by now.

o7 CMDRs and thanks for listening to my rambling!

The best strategy for prolonging the life of the game (apart from squashing major bugs) is to encourage people to play together through better implementations of Sqadrons, wings and multi-crew

If the technical reworkings in and around Odyssey don't address these shortcomings, then I will be very surprised, and disappointed.

I was at Ceos the other day, 50m run for gold if I wanted but I wasn't there for that, but you really have to be maximum rep with all the factions to really get a decent amount with cargo missions. Plenty of mission for landmines paying between 3m and 6m each. I wouldn't say it's best, but it's certainly up there with most money for least risk.
Sure but Ceos is in the backyard, in rich systems missions are easy to grab.

How does one purchase the Odyssey alpha when you don't play the game on steam?? Every link I click on redirects me to Steam which does not help me.

While I am disappointed I completely understand. I hope you guys are taking the time to focus more on your families and mental health than the game. These are trying times and I wish you all the best. This is just a game after all and I look forward to playing it when it is ready.

You need to be max rep with all factions and you get better payouts and more missions. Aim for the correct systems conditions and it's easy enough.
I know that you need to be max rep, what i wanted to point out is that there's no need to get all the way down there, there are plenty of Systems near Shinrarta that offer big fat Missions ;)

hi everyone! god, i havent been on the forums of this game since when i was still in school! i went through 2 pc upgrades, going abroad, even talked to a few girls.. lol

guys, i have a question about oddysey, if i was one of the players back in beta who paid like 120 euros for the game, am i elligable for the alpha access? if i remember correctly the 120 euro version of the game had all dlcs included.

Last edited:
hi everyone! god, i havent been on the forums of this game since when i was still in school! lmao

guys, i have a question about oddysey, if i was one of the players back in beta who paid like 120 euros for the game, am i elligable for the alpha access? if i remember correctly the 120 euro version of the game had all dlcs included.
Yeah, you should see Odyssey Alpha in your Launcher sometime on monday.

hi everyone! god, i havent been on the forums of this game since when i was still in school! i went through 2 pc upgrades, going abroad, even talked to a few girls.. lol

You have access to everything and for the life (finally until the end of the game's life :) )

😷

So if I got the deluxe pre order on steam will everything show up on the launcher like if I bought it from the website? I've done the googleing and read through some of the posts, but didn't see an answer to this. Sorry if this has been answered before.

So if I got the deluxe pre order on steam will everything show up on the launcher like if I bought it from the website? I've done the googleing and read through some of the posts, but didn't see an answer to this. Sorry if this has been answered before.
I really don't know but it makes sense if your Frontier account is linked to your Steam account, it should be the case.

😷

OK, I'm not sure how relevant this is, I've got two accounts, one I got from the FD site and the other I got through Steam, after buying a new paint job for my ship and all the fart arsing around to get it on my steam account, if you had the credits (or whatever they were called back then) it wasn't a problem if you didn't have the credits, you had to buy them via a microtransaction (no problem if you were using the FD launcher), the steam version was a right pain in the butt, you had to buy the credits, log out of the game, access your e-mail, look for the e-mail with the code, log on to steam, enter the code, launch the game through steam (again) and if it worked, you've got the credits to buy your paint job

I discovered I could log on to my steam version through the FD launcher (no more fart arsing around to customize my ship).

unfortunately, I read somewhere that Steam are being a bunch of holes, and now if you buy ED you can only play it through their launcher. the fact you've bought the pre-order through steam, I suspect you'll need to run ED though the steam launcher, which should in theory update everything (although I prefer to use the Fd launcher due to ease of use)

Back
Top Bottom