Odyssey's scavenger: This is a pragmatic idea, but...

If I eliminate a scavenger, why can't I "scavenge" him afterwards; shouldn't I be able to pick up his armour, weapons, grenades, items?
At least I could trade them for materials at the bar, while drinking a beer orange juice. I mean; we will have a toon of gear to level up...
I think this would be a better alternative, to the relogging's dance that some players are already doing, to farm materials.

Sorry; this was for the «Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Alpha» section
Can a moderator move this to the right section? Thank you

Last edited:
Looting the dead bodies. Heck yeah! They should give direct MI and schematics. That's a bigger payout than the credits.

Well I imagine you can't take the armor because you just filled it full of holes.

Not sure what the reason for the weapons would be, maybe they're just crap weapons since scavs are using them. Also it would break game balance pretty hard if you could just get any weapon by killing a NPC. That being said, looting NPC's for ammo and mats the way we can get mats from blowing up ships would be nice. Maybe they're weapon falls apart when they die but we can get mats.

Imagine FD including a means to loot NPCs, the next issue will be all the stuff on the ground filling the instances, like with the 100 can server crash of old...
Now imagine killing a Player and being able to loot his G5 engineer-grinded gun.
Insert screams of the general playerbase of elite

Not saying, i wouldn't want to see looting in game, engineering though must go for that to happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom