Oh dear, I need to CircumVENT!!!

I've made a wee mistake :( and need to vent (well, look for sympathy)

I'm approx 75% of the way round on my galactic circumnav using only the very outer edge systems and I've managed to blow myself up landing on a rock for Jumponium. Silly bleeding idiot.

Wouldn't be so bad if the landing was hazardous but it wasn't - just a standard 1g world - I was busy looking at other stuff so having a gentle run down from orbit to a geo site and took my eyes off altitude until too late. Applied boost in a slightly upward direction at about 130m but gravity won and KABOOM!

According to EDD, it's only 330k Lys, 3,277 jumps, 1083 premium jumps, 28k scans and 127 mappings that have disappeared in a ball of flaming Exploraconda.

CircumVent.JPG

Hey ho, rebuy time and then rinse & repeat until done.

Reminder to all, doesn't matter how many Lys you have or how many landings you've done - complacency kills
o7 Cmdrs and see you in the black (once I've rebought and dried my tears)

So... don't that "Like" the wrong way. LOL

Awesome job on the circumnavigation. Hate to hear about that rough landing! I can only imagine what would be going through my head (and heart!) if I were sitting there looking at that screen when it happened.

I'm currently making my first trip to SgrA*. Thankfully, my rebuy is only 2M for my AspX.

I think I have the basics down enough now to be able to do that.... almost.

I'm a hell of a lot better at using the Galaxy Map, FSS and DSS than I was before. I absolutely despise using the System Map because, to me, the Up/Down motion on my joystick is backwards (and I can't find the keybinding setting).

But, not quite 'there' enough for what you're doing.

I assume you are synthesizing repair materials?

And, I'm sure this isn't as big of an issue in a 'Conda, but I'm in an AspX and have so little cargo space. One of the things that just kills me is "Hey... look at those Void Opal Hot Spots!" and then realizing my T9 has a jump range of 25ly and is 15k ly away.

All those scans and possible tags on the extreme edges gone in a poof of smoke - ouch o_O

I feel for your loss and I'll be honest-if it happened to me I would be tempted to contact the dev's and see if they could help.
I know it's your error that caused it but explorers should have at least one 'get out of jail' card available in case of emergency ;)

I've made a wee mistake :( and need to vent (well, look for sympathy)

I'm approx 75% of the way round on my galactic circumnav using only the very outer edge systems and I've managed to blow myself up landing on a rock for Jumponium. Silly bleeding idiot.

Wouldn't be so bad if the landing was hazardous but it wasn't - just a standard 1g world - I was busy looking at other stuff so having a gentle run down from orbit to a geo site and took my eyes off altitude until too late. Applied boost in a slightly upward direction at about 130m but gravity won and KABOOM!

According to EDD, it's only 330k Lys, 3,277 jumps, 1083 premium jumps, 28k scans and 127 mappings that have disappeared in a ball of flaming Exploraconda.

View attachment 154393

Hey ho, rebuy time and then rinse & repeat until done.

Reminder to all, doesn't matter how many Lys you have or how many landings you've done - complacency kills
o7 Cmdrs and see you in the black (once I've rebought and dried my tears)

You came here looking for sympathy... and you have mine. Oof! That's gotta hurt

All those scans and possible tags on the extreme edges gone in a poof of smoke - ouch o_O

I feel for your loss and I'll be honest-if it happened to me I would be tempted to contact the dev's and see if they could help.
I know it's your error that caused it but explorers should have at least one 'get out of jail' card available in case of emergency ;)
Pleading for Dev mercy crossed my mind for a brief moment but, the loss is self-inflicted and I've got my big boy pants on. At least it gives me something to do for another year :)

Let it be a lesson to me and other Cmdrs - dont get too comfortable in that jump, honk, plot, rinse and repeat groove!

I think I have the basics down enough now to be able to do that.... almost.

I'm a hell of a lot better at using the Galaxy Map, FSS and DSS than I was before. I absolutely despise using the System Map because, to me, the Up/Down motion on my joystick is backwards (and I can't find the keybinding setting).

But, not quite 'there' enough for what you're doing.

I assume you are synthesizing repair materials?

And, I'm sure this isn't as big of an issue in a 'Conda, but I'm in an AspX and have so little cargo space. One of the things that just kills me is "Hey... look at those Void Opal Hot Spots!" and then realizing my T9 has a jump range of 25ly and is 15k ly away.
You need a good jump range if you're going to try the extreme edge.

Frequent restocking of jump mats is essential, I recommend looking for Po on geo active bodies as the drop rate is better than looking for metallic meteorites, everything else is abundant.... I've set mat targets in EDD so my initial scan tells me if a body has higher than average Germ, Arsenic, Niobium, Yttrium etc.

ot much call for repair unless you like kissing stellar bodies but 2 x AFMU and a repair limpet controller take care of that and basic repair mats are just Iron and Nickel.

Repair limpets. Okay, so I've been playing for about a year (I think). Amazing how much there is to learn about E : D.

So, these can be used to repair your own ship? (Like Hull %)

Repair limpets. Okay, so I've been playing for about a year (I think). Amazing how much there is to learn about E : D.

So, these can be used to repair your own ship? (Like Hull %)
Repair limpets for hull, AFMU for everything else - the only thing that you cannot repair is your power plantbut damage to this is usually just from face-planting stars so usually avoidable....

I would like to see your travel journal made in Orvidus's EdAstro thing!
LOL; it would be interesting as I participated in DECE then did my Snowflake Exped trip then had a wee diversion for some Wolf-Rayet hunting then started the circumnav - you can see the orange lines in the EDD route map image iat the start of the thread. I think EdAstro would self-destruct if I tried to produce a video :)

Top Bottom