Oh wow supercruise assist steers

It sticks to the blue zone on the throttle throughout the flying... I rather not use this module and stick to my full throttle, and at 6-7 second mark, hit a shortcut to put the throttle to 75%.

The only usefull thing I saw, for the way I play the game, would be the Orbit planet feature when doing exploration or maybe filming.

Nope. No steery - except when orbiting. Watch again.

So... real questions:
1. Why was there no option for PG or solo in the new menu (not that I care as I play in open anyhoo)?
2. "Jettison and destroy" - I might not want to destroy. Just because I took a poop, that doesn't mean I want to flush.
3. Why has the livestream disappeared from YT?
4. What happens if I am naughty and park myself up in one of the PF systems the night before patch drop?

Need answers.

3. This one?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG1KeIgm5zM

Nope. No steery - except when orbiting. Watch again.

So... real questions:
1. Why was there no option for PG or solo in the new menu (not that I care as I play in open anyhoo)?
2. "Jettison and destroy" - I might not want to destroy. Just because I took a poop, that doesn't mean I want to flush.
3. Why has the livestream disappeared from YT?
4. What happens if I am naughty and park myself up in one of the PF systems the night before patch drop?

Need answers.
Not exactly true it has the same level of "steer" as hyperspace auto alignment when you jump so there is some steer

Which is so small as to be negligible. The OP didn't qualify, and suggested that it 'steers'. Also not exactly true.
What I mean is that you only need to point roughly to your destination and it will get you there exactly. Unlike manually where lining up apparently perfectly will result in you missing your destination by a significant amount. I didn't word it very well.

So I'm watching the livestream and they have an option for hyperspace dethrottle, finally giving players the choice of what they want to do when they come out of hyperspace.......

BUT........They've attached it to the supercruise assist module......
giphy.gif

Let that sink in for a second..........

Pointed this out multiple times, not sure why some cmdrs didn't understand, SCA has a course hold function. something that benefits both new and experienced cmdrs. Orbit function looks amazing, great work Sarah, truckers will definitely appreciate these QoL's :)

@ AsmodeusV - Definitely not negligible, I have been waiting for a course hold function for over 4 years! Am not sure if anyone enjoys slightly nudging the stick to remain on course, that is not flying.

Last edited:
Pointed this out multiple times, not sure why some cmdrs didn't understand, SCA has a course hold function. something that benefits both new and experienced cmdrs. Orbit function looks amazing, great work Sarah, truckers will definitely appreciate these QoL's :)

The concept is great, it's the execution that I question, To have all these functions you need 3 Modules slots taken up, THREE, Docking Computer, Advanced Docking Computer and the Super cruise assist, for functionality that should already be part of the core functionality of the damn ship.

I mean they have a Flight Assistance Panel dedicated to these functions, they should just ditch the module idea and just make it part of the core functionality of the ship.

I never used a docking computer and I probably still never will, I feel it is the most useless module in the game and should be removed but Fdev has done the opposite by creating and taking useful functionality and then put it in TWO NEW modules to house said functions.

Absolutely ridiculous. I now get why people are objecting to this. It's stupid implementation, good idea, good concept, stupid implementation.

The ONLY way to test if it autosteer are with planets or starports/outposts that are VERY far from the star. Lets say... Hutton Orbital... flying there means that you will have to manually adjust the course a bunch of times during the flight. Will Super Cruise Assit do that, or not?

The only way to find out is to test it, I guess, and then leave feedback.

The ONLY way to test if it autosteer are with planets or starports/outposts that are VERY far from the star. Lets say... Hutton Orbital... flying there means that you will have to manually adjust the course a bunch of times during the flight. Will Super Cruise Assit do that, or not?

The only way to find out is to test it, I guess, and then leave feedback.

From what I saw in the live stream the auto steer, is the same as the auto alignment when you hyperspace jump, if your target is about within alignment range it will, push you and center you with the target.

So the short answer is, Yes.

The concept is great, it's the execution that I question, To have all these functions you need 3 Modules slots taken up, THREE, Docking Computer, Advanced Docking Computer and the Super cruise assist, for functionality that should already be part of the core functionality of the damn ship.

I mean they have a Flight Assistance Panel dedicated to these functions, they should just ditch the module idea and just make it part of the core functionality of the ship.

I never used a docking computer and I probably still never will, I feel it is the most useless module in the game and should be removed but Fdev has done the opposite by creating and taking useful functionality and then put it in TWO NEW modules to house said functions.

Absolutely ridiculous. I now get why people are objecting to this. It's stupid implementation, good idea, good concept, stupid implementation.
You don't require the standard DC if you have the ADC installed. You get 2 additional slots (for free) on small ships, 1 on larger ships.

I agree that they should have been part of the ships core computer (from the beginning) However, not sure why anyone would complain about getting new slots that can be used for other modules.

My personal take on docking computers, and cruise assist - I can dock FA-OFF in my sleep, when trucking for hours on end I'll happily let the ship take over every now and then, far from useless in my case, then again the amount of times I have docked in this game must have reached absurd levels. I'd even use the undocking feature, this is like a luxury upgrade for me, I can have a stroll around the bridge in VR, look out the window whilst the ship does the work, or check up on Inara etc.

SCA - Absolute godsend, I hated having to make minor course adjustments, that is not flying, will happily let the machine do minor course adjustments, I'll take over when some actual flying is required (interdictions/major course changes, high speed gravity braking)

For newbies, these tools are great, would recommend once they are confident, disconnect the automation (including flight assist) and enjoy hand flying every now and then. They would miss out on a great deal if they didn't. The learning curve is steep in this game, it gives newcomers a chance to get to grips with things without worrying about wrecking the ship in the slot or blasting past destinations in the early part of the learning process.

Old timers like me, I can't wait to install this kit on my freighters & Large Explorer ships. All my combat ships get extra slots for free.

Last edited:
Thanks Exeider and 777Driver for further explaining the Super Cruise Assist.

I have read that both the Advanced Docking Computer and Super Cruise Assist will make it easer for botting...

My own thought about that subject is that all botting, currently in the game, can do so without these additional modules and will really not change much....

Thoughts on that?

You don't require the standard DC if you have the ADC installed. You get 2 additional slots (for free) on small ships, 1 on larger ships.

I agree that they should have been part of the ships core computer (from the beginning) However, not sure why anyone would complain about getting new slots that can be used for other modules.

My personal take on docking computers, and cruise assist - I can dock FA-OFF in my sleep, when trucking for hours on end I'll happily let the ship take over every now and then, far from useless in my case, then again the amount of times I have docked in this game must have reached absurd levels. I'd even use the undocking feature, this is like a luxury upgrade for me, I can have a stroll around the bridge in VR, look out the window whilst the ship does the work, or check up on Inara etc.

SCA - Absolute godsend, I hated having to make minor course adjustments, that is not flying, will happily let the machine do minor course adjustments, I'll take over when some actual flying is required (interdictions/major course changes, high speed gravity braking)

For newbies, these tools are great, would recommend once they are confident, disconnect the automation (including flight assist) and enjoy hand flying every now and then. They would miss out on a great deal if they didn't. The learning curve is steep in this game, it gives newcomers a chance to get to grips with things without worrying about wrecking the ship in the slot or blasting past destinations in the early part of the learning process.

Old timers like me, I can't wait to install this kit on my freighters & Large Explorer ships. All my combat ships get extra slots for free.

But they aren't really extra though are they, they are gimmies for what amounts to cruise control and require a dock to get and equip. ahem so a certain group of explorers who are currently on the other side of the galaxy cannot benefit and wont for quite sometime.

The hyperspace throttle being on the SCA only was also a kick to the nuts. People have been asking for a toggle for ages, now it's a toggle with a module cost.

I dont understand why Fdev is allergic to adding to core ship functions. What's next an "Advanced Bookmarking Assist" module??

If there was a text in-game telling you to adjust your throttle to 75% when you hit 7 seconds, new players wouldn’t need it.
Auto orbit should’ve been an essential in all ships or I’d rather have no speed limits and some newtonian phiysics to let me manually achive an orbital velocity.
Then ED would be a game.

Top Bottom