OK. I Moved Everything To Jameson

Yea, very much this. It were the good old days, where FD actually still cared and put extra effort in, to turn something which originally was merely "players found a loophole to get into locked off completely boring space with no content there" into an actual event. And while they gave us warning flags on Galnet, the Forum, the weekly newsletter, the eagle eye report, etc. some people still acted as if they were surprised by it. Many cried on for weeks or months, some even probably quit. For one very clearly announced chance of a rebuy.

I was not surprised that FD did not put any effort into events any more for ages. And arguably still do not. I'd yet have to see something again which impresses me. That event was the last great thing they did, before they stopped caring. (So when thinking about it, perhaps this community very well deserves a developer not giving a -insert bad word here- any more. We worked hard for it. )

So no, based on that experience, FD definitely won't do anything worse than just perhaps locking away Jameson Memorial for a week, so if we want our stuff and it is stored there, we'd have to transfer use ship transfer to get it.
And I thought you had to invest quite some hours to just take part in that event.

And I thought you had to invest quite some hours to just take part in that event.
The Gnosis? Hmm... you just had to be on the ship at the right time, then wait for the thursday switch and be inside the event.

The time invested rather was to build up an AX ship. And FD waved all flags available to let us know that this was an AX event.

I have 3 accounts. The main has an FC, and is in the bubble. The 2 alt accounts are also in the bubble.

With Ian D's reminder, I found that living in Colonia was quite attractive. I've basically got all my stuff.

I'm refueling my FC in LHS 2687. I've moved my main account, and the larger of my alt accounts aboard. The FC (Traveller Box K1V-GQC) is located right off of LHS 2687 3.

Traveller Box has shipyard, outfitting, repair, refueling, and re-arming. It has a dormant UC vending machine to be activated later. It's buying tritium at 25% above market right now. All the stations in the system have ample tritium.

As soon as I'm topped up, I'm taking a long, slow trip to Rodentia, in Colonia. It will be unscheduled, with random destinations on the way. Hopefully, it will be complete by mid-November.

Anyone who wants to move an alt/dormant account is welcome aboard. Since this trip is not the luxury express service, no guarantees can be made on ETA.

If you have an alt account, this is a cheap, easy free ride to Colonia. With the shipyard and outfitting, you can move al your ships and modules.

Never Get Off The Boat. You will be left behind. I am a cranky old dog, and will travel on my time. Anyone who gets off to explore better have a fuel scoop...

This is also a way to get a ship out of the bubble for exploring. You just get off where you feel like there's good pickings.

Once in Colonia, there will be a pause, to let everyone get off. Rodentia is a nice place. You can sell lots of stuff there.

There will be no Discord on FCOC for this. DM's will not be issued. You just get on, log in to check progress, and get off. Simple, and great for players with alt accounts.

I will post on this thread when I depart (anytime after I finish refueling). Friday/Saturday is what I'm projecting right now. Maybe even Sunday. Depends on how long I can keep driving a T9, before nosing over...

Was it, though?
Yes. As noted above: all flags waved. We got the info on the forum, on galnet, even as email newsletter, that the Gnosis would be jumping into Thargoid controlled territory and that eagle eye has detected the Gnosis as the next Thargoid target. Along with reports of Thargoids gathering in the area, etc.

What should they have done to make it more obvious? Visit each player at home and directly tell him that this was about to end up as Thargoid conflict?

I mean, i also was positively surprised: within quite limited time (they only realized a few weeks before the thing was about to go down, how some players found a loophole to exploit) they set up a new event, Thargoid combat around the Gnosis. All Thargoid content we saw before was either during a jump or as signal sources in a system, which was easy to ignore. And yes, like any event in about any online game, there were a few minor issues at the start. Which got fixed in mere hours.

So, i have to ask you now: You have anything of value to add, or you just are in the mood to drop in questions, despite the answers being just a few postings above them?

Yes. As noted above: all flags waved. We got the info on the forum, on galnet, even as email newsletter, that the Gnosis would be jumping into Thargoid controlled territory and that eagle eye has detected the Gnosis as the next Thargoid target. Along with reports of Thargoids gathering in the area, etc.

What should they have done to make it more obvious? Visit each player at home and directly tell him that this was about to end up as Thargoid conflict?

I mean, i also was positively surprised: within quite limited time (they only realized a few weeks before the thing was about to go down, how some players found a loophole to exploit) they set up a new event, Thargoid combat around the Gnosis. All Thargoid content we saw before was either during a jump or as signal sources in a system, which was easy to ignore. And yes, like any event in about any online game, there were a few minor issues at the start. Which got fixed in mere hours.

So, i have to ask you now: You have anything of value to add, or you just are in the mood to drop in questions, despite the answers being just a few postings above them?
I may remember wrong but wasnt it griefed by players taking opportunity to shoot AX equipped ships thart barely can fight back.

It's looking like Saturday, 1200 UTC/GMT/Game time. That should give people a chance to board.

First leg of jumps will be to Zerreiss Station, Pru Euq WO-D b53-8. That's where Inara claims that there will be more tritium. After that, WHEEEEEE! :)

Spansh Says:

1666330352036.png

Back
Top Bottom