Okay, what's with the pause during jumps that is enough to cause the egg timer to show?

Not had much of a chance to play the last couple of months and am now attempting to catch up with DWII but am being plagued by a significant pause in the middle of a hyperspace jump between systems that the oculus egg timer appears briefly, it's really quite disconcerting. I know there's been at least one point update since I last played and Oculus also updated but neither I can actually roll back. Just me or anybody else? Just for info I reinstalled my system over the weekend and it hasn't helped at all.

This was a problem after the last big patch, but then they fixed it. Sounds like they broke it again. Your best bet is to report it as a bug.

I had the egg timer frequently, but it turned out, that my hard drive was actually the problem, as the problem went completely away, after upgrading from HDDs to SSDs. I also had texture stutters before (planets), that went away after the hardware upgrade.

Not had much of a chance to play the last couple of months and am now attempting to catch up with DWII but am being plagued by a significant pause in the middle of a hyperspace jump between systems that the oculus egg timer appears briefly, it's really quite disconcerting. I know there's been at least one point update since I last played and Oculus also updated but neither I can actually roll back. Just me or anybody else? Just for info I reinstalled my system over the weekend and it hasn't helped at all.
Try playing in Solo to rule out some instancing/network issues.

Try playing in Solo to rule out some instancing/network issues.
It doesn't.
You still do server and network calls on jump for all kinds of background reasons as well as the system data itself.

I would start by doing a repair and file integrity check, either through steam, right click in library->properties, Local file and select verify integrity.
Or on the launcher, select option under your name, and 'Validate game files'.

Corrupted or broken files\shaders etc happens storage media it's on, the patch process is the chief offender here, and honestly when there are major patches now, I just wipe the game completely and redownload.

It doesn't.
You still do server and network calls on jump for all kinds of background reasons as well as the system data itself.

I would start by doing a repair and file integrity check, either through steam, right click in library->properties, Local file and select verify integrity.
It might ;)
I do notice more slight delays when loading in real players than NPC's. Would you agree?

Server scaling issues on FDevs side, be ready for the rash of replys from the white knights telling you to clean your router and its on your end as they do not have the problem.

Last edited:
Server scaling issues on FDevs side, be ready for the rash of replys from the white knights telling you to clean your router and its on you end as they do not have the problem.

Indeed, if it's a networking issue it could be anywhere between a server and you.
if it's a server hiccup, all you can do is file a bug report for their vault, which I could swear is labeled "Dev0", or it's between our ISP, and whatever ISP amazon is using for their server farms.
And those ISP's have ISP's of their own, etc etc.
We call it the cloud, but in reality it's a jumble of wire nobody knows how works anymore.

It doesn't.

Corrupted or broken files\shaders etc happens storage media it's on, the patch process is the chief offender here, and honestly when there are major patches now, I just wipe the game completely and redownload.

It's a brand new install running through oculus and I've already validated the files.

Do you happen to be near the Galactic core? I had the same issues a while back and it turned out to be that. I think it was around 5kly away that it started happening.

I tried all sorts to fix it an someone suggested proximity to the core and they were right. The closer you get the longer the egg timer, the further away you get the duration decreases until eventually it stops happening.

Do you happen to be near the Galactic core? I had the same issues a while back and it turned out to be that. I think it was around 5kly away that it started happening.

I tried all sorts to fix it an someone suggested proximity to the core and they were right. The closer you get the longer the egg timer, the further away you get the duration decreases until eventually it stops happening.
I am indeed, certainly under or around the 5k mark too, I shall see what happens when I get farther out.

Confirmed, galactic core proximity was the cause, pause is now small enough no egg timer is showing, thanks to all for the responses :)

No problem. It is a bit of a shame it is the sky box that causes it since I don't see how they can fix it. On the plus side there is nothing us users can do about it so that saves us VR lovers some £$;)

Top Bottom