On-Ride: Camera view 360 degree

Hello, when I'm riding a coaster I'm able to look 90° to the left and 90° to the right.

Question: How can I look back? I want 360° rotation during on-ride, not only 180°.

I'm looking for a way to unlock the rotation limitation. Any commands/cheats available?

I want this so bad ;-/

Thanks a lot.
WarLordY

I don't think it's possible in bumper and seat view.

I think the others are free moving.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Not if you're turning the mouse to look left and right. The one way you can look back is with the 3rd camera option labeled "Interest". Depending on the ride you can sometimes click on it multiple times to get different views.

Question: How can I look back? I want 360° rotation during on-ride, not only 180°.

As Luuknaard says, you can only really do this from the "Interest" camera (the right-hand of the 3 different camera position options).

To be more specific.... The "Interest" option cycles through several different camera positions around the train as you keep clicking. The 1st one (which is what it defaults to when you choose "Interest") is what you want. In this mode, the camera can be rotated in a circle around 1 specific seat on the train, and can be zoomed in and out from this seat. So, the basic idea is, you get in this camera mode, which defaults to being a bit above and behind the train, then rotate the camera around so it's looking backwards down the length of the train.

HOWEVER, the seat around which the camera pivots in this mode is determined by which car/seat is selected in the POV camera mode. This is important because you can only zoom in to within about 4m of the selected seat. The default seat is car 1, seat 1, at the very front of the train. Thus, as long as this seat is still selected (which it is by default), the camera will always be about 4m in front of the train. If this isn't what you want, then before you got to the "Interest" camera, you first need to go to the POV camera and change it to be some seat towards the middle or rear of the train, THEN change to the Interest mode that orbits that seat. Now you can aim the camera to the rear and then zoom in to whatever point along the train you want the camera to be.

Good idea. I tried but it didn't help.

When switching from POV cam to INTEREST cam, I'm able to look back but it's not the same position. The camera position is not on my seat.

I need POV with full 360° rotation to realise a video project.

In real life I'm able to look back while riding but not in Planet Coaster. Senseless, isn't it?

Any way to send a feature request? I don't think it's a bad idea to have POV 360° view.

Good idea. I tried but it didn't help.

When switching from POV cam to INTEREST cam, I'm able to look back but it's not the same position. The camera position is not on my seat.
I need POV with full 360° rotation to realise a video project.
In real life I'm able to look back while riding but not in Planet Coaster. Senseless, isn't it?
Any way to send a feature request? I don't think it's a bad idea to have POV 360° view.

To try to clarify this for you.....

1. The "Interest" cam has several positions you can cycle through by clicking. You want the one of these that orbits the train from an exterior perspective. Other positions are track view, wheel view, etc.

2. Once you have this, change to the POV camera. This defaults to car 1, seat 1, which is in the front row. Change this to some car > 1 towards the rear of the train.

3. Once you've done that, go back to "Interest" camera. Rotate around the seat selected in step #2 above until the camera is facing backwards, then use the mouse wheel to zoom in as much as you want.

Top Bottom