On the censoring of ship names

Just wondering. If a ship name is censored will you see it censored on your screen? I have a ship that is nowhere near as tame as some ive seen blocked in the thread. And AFAIK, people I play with can see the name. As in, no one has said it was censored while playing with me.

Just wondering. If a ship name is censored will you see it censored on your screen? I have a ship that is nowhere near as tame as some ive seen blocked in the thread. And AFAIK, people I play with can see the name. As in, no one has said it was censored while playing with me.
That's the worst part. It shows just fine on your screen, so you can be flying around with a censored name for ages and never know unless someone goes out of their way to tell you.

I'm afraid it will.

The first four letters count as abusive language. I guess.
What, Hype? Really?
I named my ships after one of Saturn's smaller moons, which isn't in game.
🤷‍♂️
I guess I could have called them TITan 1 and 2, which is in game.

Last edited:
That's the worst part. It shows just fine on your screen, so you can be flying around with a censored name for ages and never know unless someone goes out of their way to tell you.
I asked a friend that I play with and he seems to remember it showing up. But it's been a few weeks since we last played. I dont even wanna mention the name in case FDev decides to add it to the list.

Now I wonder if any of my other ships are getting censored for weird reasons.

Maybe Frontier should show us exactly what is on that censor list. That way Cmdr's can name their ships appropriately.

What, Hype? Really?
I named my ships after one of Saturn's smaller moons, which isn't in game.
🤷‍♂️
I guess I could have called them TITan 1 and 2, which is in game.
Nah, I was joking. 😝

Sorry, didn't mean to mislead you. I guess sarcasm is sometimes hard to spot in today's world.

Nah, I was joking. 😝

Sorry, didn't mean to mislead you. I guess sarcasm is sometimes hard to spot in today's world.
Actually though you could have been right for all I knew.
I mean who's to say that Hype in a foreign language isn't the worst thing you can say?

Sarcasm is hard to spot on a forum sometimes. I could have just said that in a sarcastic way... who knows 😉

Back
Top Bottom