On the Road Again

After earning some more space bucks bounty hunting and trading, I decided to outfit an Asp for exploration and am heading out again. I will start a log here, and update after every session, for my own sanity while in the black, and hopefully for your enjoyment. My first destination is the stellar graveyard about 17k ly away, above the plane. I'be yet to see a white dwarf, neutron, or bh, so that's top of the list. From there, who knows.

If you go coreward 17KLy, Sag A* is only 9KLy or so longer.

AFAIK It is the Biggest BH in the game and a detailed scan of it is worth 600K. Not to mention the odds are actually decent of running into another explorer out there.

Day 1: After head hunting in Amitrite, the exploration itch became too much to bear. With what I earned and the funds in hand, I decided it was time to pick up an Asp and do some star hopping. The good news; Amitrite had Asps available. The bad news; it had junk in terms of equipment for it. So, I did what I could to lighten the ship up, them trekked to another station about 17 ly away. It was a high population, high tech station, which thankfully carried the A grade FSD I needed. On the other hand, no Class 6 scoops, but a C5 will suffice. With those equipped, it was time to blow this Popsicle stand.

My first few jumps were entirely uneventful. After about 12 of them, I finally found a semi interesting system. Two smallish stars and over 40 celestial bodies in all. This looked like a good place to refresh myself on what to scan and how to find it. The first star in this binary system had several obvious high metals, and one that looked like it could be a metal rich. I scanned most as they were within spitting distance of the star. Sadly, the potential metal rich was merely a high metal in sheep's clothing, though it was kind enough to pose for a picture with me.

On to the next star about 36k ls away, which had three potential metal rich stars. Of those, one turned out to be metal rich, so good for me. The others not so much. At this point, it was time to call it a night. I'll restart on my next session, hopefully with better luck.

P.S: I seem to be struggling to get pictures attached. I cannot seem to convert them to JPEG, and links to Photobucket don't work. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom