Ongoing Community Goal - Unique Mining Module Stats!

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Greetings Commanders,

Thank you to everyone who has already contributed to the current Community Goal! For those who haven't, we encourage you to get involved. We'd like to take this opportunity to describe the two brand new modules that can be obtained by participating, the uniquely engineered Mining Laser and Abrasion Blaster.

To demonstrate the differences, we've compared each of these to their standard versions (showing only the stats which have changed):

Mining Laser

Stat
Standard
CG Exclusive
Power Draw
Damage Per Second
Thermal Load
Max Range
Damage Fall Off
Integrity
Distributor Draw

Abrasion Blaster

Stat
Standard
CG Exclusive
Power Draw
Thermal Load
Max Range
Damage Fall Off
Integrity
Distributor Draw
Shot Speed

Both modules are far more energy efficient, with half the power and distributor draw of the standard versions. They also boast 5x the maximum range when compared to the defaults, among other advantages. These come with the minor drawback of a reduction in integrity.

We hope this post clarifies the benefits of these exclusive modules. If you want to get these for your mining ship, all the details for the Community Goal can be found on this page!

O7

Appreciate the updated stats; the efficiency is more interesting than the range! Question about one thing not currently mentioned: this is a size 1 mining laser, and size 1s produce fragments 3x slower than a size 2. Is it the same for this special module?

Stop doing unique modules as CG rewards! What about the people off exploring? Or having a busy work week? They don't get access to these modules. Sure some you've made available in tech brokers, but most you haven't. What other game offers unique mechanical benefits gated by participation in a weekly event? This is insane and user hostile.

Are the stats for the mining laser same as the mining lance?
No CG reward is way better than the lances... but lances are meant to be for combat not just mining
but lances are available in higher quantity than the CG single reward...
Size 1 default mining laser has lower range than a lance, lances fall of start at 500 for combat... but lance require power pay...
default mining laser 1starts its fall of at 300...
the CG item has no fall off

Stop doing unique modules as CG rewards! What about the people off exploring? Or having a busy work week? They don't get access to these modules. Sure some you've made available in tech brokers, but most you haven't. What other game offers unique mechanical benefits gated by participation in a weekly event? This is insane and user hostile.
You get them the same time as every one else when they get added to the tech broker at a later date, As all other user who skipped the game because EDO released, instead of playing under EDB or EDH only...
Just like CGs that happened 5000lys and 20000lys from the bubble...

I don't mind waiting, but there's absolutely no indication that they're going to ever add them at a tech broker at a later date. They've done it for a few, but we're still waiting on the absurd high cap long range railgun.
I hope some stay CG exclusive when looking at that railgun, it was just OP and a terrible idea to add. I much rather have them try bumping up underused modules like that enzyme missile rack or mining tools. If they ever add the laser to the broker this will probably be the nail in the coffin for ye olde lady Torval :D

I don't understand these rewards. You need 4 lasers unless you want to sit there all day and stare at a spinning rock. And I've never had a range, speed or power issue with the abrasion blaster. For me, mining was only a way to acquire funds to open up other content. Now that I have those funds, and other ways of acquiring more funds, I don't have any interest in mining. Like the reward could be 6 of them instead of 1 and I still wouldn't do it.
But good luck to those who do enjoy mining, this is definitely a community goal for all 3 of you :) /s

@Bruce G can you confirm that the Empire was supplied with the correct build in Horizons its reported as incendiary engineered..
@Flossy same question can you do that same just in case empire was supplied with the wrong item...

E9yu9hpXIAIy6um

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
I don't understand these rewards. You need 4 lasers unless you want to sit there all day and stare at a spinning rock. And I've never had a range, speed or power issue with the abrasion blaster. For me, mining was only a way to acquire funds to open up other content. Now that I have those funds, and other ways of acquiring more funds, I don't have any interest in mining. Like the reward could be 6 of them instead of 1 and I still wouldn't do it.
But good luck to those who do enjoy mining, this is definitely a community goal for all 3 of you :) /s
The main upswing of a long range laser, is that a cmdr can scrape close-by rocks while collecting from the target rock. There by finding out what is inside, before firing a prospector at the rock. The 2 other miners and I are thankful for the ability to do so, without the need to unlock a power play module!

\\"///
Oo
Spike.k

Greetings Commanders,

Thank you to everyone who has already contributed to the current Community Goal! For those who haven't, we encourage you to get involved. We'd like to take this opportunity to describe the two brand new modules that can be obtained by participating, the uniquely engineered Mining Laser and Abrasion Blaster.

To demonstrate the differences, we've compared each of these to their standard versions (showing only the stats which have changed):

Mining Laser

Stat
Standard
CG Exclusive
Power Draw
Damage Per Second
Thermal Load
Max Range
Damage Fall Off
Integrity
Distributor Draw

Abrasion Blaster

Stat
Standard
CG Exclusive
Power Draw
Thermal Load
Max Range
Damage Fall Off
Integrity
Distributor Draw
Shot Speed

Both modules are far more energy efficient, with half the power and distributor draw of the standard versions. They also boast 5x the maximum range when compared to the defaults, among other advantages. These come with the minor drawback of a reduction in integrity.

We hope this post clarifies the benefits of these exclusive modules. If you want to get these for your mining ship, all the details for the Community Goal can be found on this page!

O7
when is the next community goal?

Hope this is not a dead thread.
I found (here) that the mining lance is long range.
I would like to know if you still have to do the pledge to get the lance.
Also I see the comments about ongoing CG.
Can somebody please explain this to me?

Hope this is not a dead thread.
I found (here) that the mining lance is long range.
I would like to know if you still have to do the pledge to get the lance.
Also I see the comments about ongoing CG.
Can somebody please explain this to me?
Untill ,mining tech brokers are enabled you'll still have to do the 4 weeks to get a mining lance...
once tech brojers are enabled the mining lance will likely become a foot note as engineered will be more widely used

Top Bottom