open play

oh dear.. that will teach me to visit Maia system without my wingman :cry: in open ... lesson learned... but revenge will be mine 🤪 just out of curiosity is there something going on out there(other than Palin disappearing) that warrants an instakill from another Cmdr ??

Yeah I kept running into a couple of griefers. One was in a vulture. It was pretty hilarious to watch him do his best to kill me. I just sat there and taunted him. It was great. Seriously I built my ship to fight freaking thargoid interceptors. Did he really think I'm even the slightest bit intimidated by a little buzz fly trying to pew pew me?

Sadly on the Xbox high tier PvP is dead, so these hobos shoot at anything that moves. It's a shame, too. I haven't gotten into a challenging fight in months. And your typical xbox ganker is the kind that straight up dies pathetically, runs, or C-logs so I don't try and fight them, anymore. That's the state of Xbox open. This poor Legionary doesn't have anything worth shooting at anymore.

Deleted member 38366

D
Yeah, that's all of FDev Balancing "skills" after 4.5 years of development - without learning a thing about MMO Basics 101 ;)

Maia is the #1 Hotspot of the Galaxy right now. In Open that also makes it the #1 Murder Hobo Hotspot.
If GvP (Ganker vs. Player) or PvG (Player vs. Ganker) is your thing, Maia is the place to be right now.

Unfortenally there is this * that love killing other players, but...
But most of them if faced with a challenge, basically the prey bites back they either avoid it all together and dont face the ones with similar ships or strength or run away as soon as they see they are on a fair fight, they just want easy kills and to brag how they kill the newbies.

I totally avoid open and run on mobius, only come to open if i need to fly with someone i met and they arent on mobius.

oh dear.. that will teach me to visit Maia system without my wingman :cry: in open ... lesson learned... but revenge will be mine 🤪 just out of curiosity is there something going on out there(other than Palin disappearing) that warrants an instakill from another Cmdr ??
Hmmm, I have almost finished engineering my anaconda: 8 multicannons G3 - G5, with nasty exp efx. G5 shields, shield boosters and hull. I have been avoiding open until now to avoid any griefers. Now I think it is time to meet some of those charming folk. Time for a visit to Maia methinks! 😃

Hmmm, I have almost finished engineering my anaconda: 8 multicannons G3 - G5, with nasty exp efx. G5 shields, shield boosters and hull. I have been avoiding open until now to avoid any griefers. Now I think it is time to meet some of those charming folk. Time for a visit to Maia methinks! 😃
be carefull Cmdr :eek: i HONESTLY thought i was packing some serious firepower and some ridiculous strength hull upgrades.. and i was melted in seconds..🤪.. in fact i'm not sure my G5 large/medium overcharged beam lasers even deployed before i saw the dreaded canopy cracking ... and bye bye my sweet sweet ship lol. ive never combat logged against another Cmdr,but i imagine if the thought had crossed my mind,i don;t believe there would of been enough time anyway☹.. i live and learn and il be winged up next time im there 🤣🤣

be carefull Cmdr :eek: i HONESTLY thought i was packing some serious firepower and some ridiculous strength hull upgrades.. and i was melted in seconds..🤪.. in fact i'm not sure my G5 large/medium overcharged beam lasers even deployed before i saw the dreaded canopy cracking ... and bye bye my sweet sweet ship lol. ive never combat logged against another Cmdr,but i imagine if the thought had crossed my mind,i don;t believe there would of been enough time anyway☹.. i live and learn and il be winged up next time im there 🤣🤣
What's your loadout? Tbh it kind of sounds to me like you might have had your power plant sniped.

Please do not fly that beast into a PvP hotbed. I routinely mess with gank wings, and I'm not sure I have the eggs to fly an all MC Annie into Maia right now.
Wow, is it that bad there? Well, I finally decided I was engineered enough to try open again after an ill-fated attempt a few months back that ended with a huge ship flying at me then a rebuy screen! Decided to take my mostly-engineered FDL to Deciat so Aunty Felicity could improve it's engines and do an experimental on the G5 FSD. Apart from some poor npc pirate, there was no one there, so I didn't get griefed or ganked. Must be because I am in New Zealand and most Xbox players will be in the northern hemisphere, so while I am playing, you guys are on the way to work, and vice versa!

Last edited:
the problem with being too generalized about the problem children is that many of them are quite talented pilots that spend every ED minute flying combat.

to think that buzzing a pvp focal point in a barely constructed ship will end in anything but giggles adds even more concern to the caution.

the term "low hanging fruit" springs readily to mind.

What's your loadout? Tbh it kind of sounds to me like you might have had your power plant sniped.
1 large fully modded G5 beam laser(overcharged) 2 mediums the same,and packhound missiles which i generally don't use unless against NPC's(just for a bit of fun) i thought i had some really tough armour as well all G5 stuff lightweight if i recall correctly and some shield boosters as well all G5 , thought i was really well protected and can usually hold my own in any battle(or until its time to high wake out of dodge) ,i generally fly in a 2 man wing in open but typically my wing-man was on holiday and i didn't really think flying solo would be an issue :unsure: not really sure what happened as i saw HUGE GREEN BALLS of light hit my ship... and that was pretty much game over really.. i'm not particularly bothered with the loss as TBH its not my first and wont be the last.. but i remember thinking afterwards.. was that really necessary?? i was just having a nosey around the system to see what all the fuss was about palin/thargoids ETC ETC ..and some one pretty much instakills me for what ever reason??.. kind of leaves a bitter taste afterwards.. still im back and playing in open still with a new ship so onward and upwards .. and move on with exploring/trading/ or whatever pays good(y)(y)

1 large fully modded G5 beam laser(overcharged) 2 mediums the same,and packhound missiles which i generally don't use unless against NPC's(just for a bit of fun) i thought i had some really tough armour as well all G5 stuff lightweight if i recall correctly and some shield boosters as well all G5 , thought i was really well protected and can usually hold my own in any battle(or until its time to high wake out of dodge) ,i generally fly in a 2 man wing in open but typically my wing-man was on holiday and i didn't really think flying solo would be an issue :unsure: not really sure what happened as i saw HUGE GREEN BALLS of light hit my ship... and that was pretty much game over really.. i'm not particularly bothered with the loss as TBH its not my first and wont be the last.. but i remember thinking afterwards.. was that really necessary?? i was just having a nosey around the system to see what all the fuss was about palin/thargoids ETC ETC ..and some one pretty much instakills me for what ever reason??.. kind of leaves a bitter taste afterwards.. still im back and playing in open still with a new ship so onward and upwards .. and move on with exploring/trading/ or whatever pays good(y)(y)

So im not a ganker and im not the greatest pvp player in the world either but i can take someone down if they dont know what they are doing. That being said if i were going to professionally gank people in open i would loadout my ship for that task i would equip either a huge torpedo pylon that is modded with the reverberating shield cascade effect or i would use plasma accelerators with phasing sequence on them. reverberating cascade hits the shields but it does damage to the shield generator itself. i have seen videos where people have poped a shield generator in 3 or 4 hits with this without taking down the shields. Phasing sequence allows part of a weapon to pass directly through the shields of an opponent and hit the hull. (its not much. maybe 20%) you said you were hit with green balls of light. Im pretty sure advanced plasma accelerators are also green. They actually have a faster fire rate than normal PAs but lower damage per shot and can have phasing sequence on them also. when your shields go down the only thing the ganker needs after that is at least 2 rail guns with the super penitraitor mod on them and they can snipe your power plant in 3 hits. super pen go directly through the ship and you dont have to line up to the victims belly like you would normally. if your PP goes to 0% hp and you get hit there another time then its an instant kill no matter your armor % is.

Barring the easy answer that it was just a hacker i think this could have been done to you. this method in theory could destroy a heavily armored and shielded opponent in a short amount of time. The counter to this is equipping a module reinforcement package. it will give your modules 60% increased durability and equiping multiple packages does stack the effectiveness. If you can spare the extra power i would highly recommend you unlock the guardian module reinforcement package. as of now you cant engineer any MRP's and the guardian ones actually have a greater amount of integrity. also armoring some of your key modules is important too if you can. i know sometimes youve got a PP that is running at the absolute max capacity even at G5 Monstered but if youve got extra power. like at G5 you can run everything you want and you still have an extra 5 or 10% power thats not being used put the Double Braced experimental on it. of course the player might have been cheating. idk. i wasnt there it could have been. I just dont like to always jump to the conclusion its always cheating when there can be an in game explanation. There are people who are insanely good at this game and writitng everything off as cheating leads to laziness and stunts your will to push yourself harder.

sorry you got killed though. i know it sucks; but dont let that discourage you from playing in open. Its really not that bad as long as you take precautions and stay aware of your surroundings. Ive played in open since i launched in my sidewinder and its really not that bad. good luck. o7

Top Bottom