Option Request - Private/Solo games - ability turn off or limit NPC pirates

My favorite pastime is farming CNBs. I look forward to iterdictions so I can farm some more on the trip home.
But I totally understand the OP dude. All he want's to do is haul and mine without the other distractions that the
game offers. I really dont see why a forth start button couldn't be added for people like him. NoNPCs, NoBGS,
NoCMDRs, NoBS. Who cares how much he earns in that mode as long as he is enjoying himself.
X.

Edit to add: All progress/rank/credits/ships earned in that mode, stay in that mode, of course.

Because he could full his ship up with goods, press the button to return to normal mode and sell to influence the BGS. Wat about modules he modifies in easy play mode that are much harder to modify in regular mode, do they get left behind? If everything is left behind what you are basically suggesting is a majorly expanded tutorial mode, where a player can do anything they want but lose everything the moment they enter the game proper, and I don't think that's what the OP wants.

Would love this. As it is now, it's stupid. Every single trip same old thing over and over. If they gave it a certain % chance of getting interdicted, that already be something..., but this is tedious and stupid and pointless. You just lose a few seconds working through it. No point except stupidity.

Been interdicted, let me think, twice this year and last year.

I don't own a single ship that can't survive an NPC interdiction either by outrunning them or outfighting them. Usually the latter. At the very least I can hold them off until the cops show up to help me out with the damage.

The only annoying thing now compared to how it used to be is that pirates actually run away when they're losing so you can't just juke them forever, and NPC cops generally don't have the firepower to focus an NPC 'conda down when it charges a wake so you've gotta do some of the heavy lifting yourself.

Still, if I can take out an elite conda NPC with a turreted T9 running an undersized shield, without taking hull damage, so can you.

Still, if I can take out an elite conda NPC with a turreted T9 running an undersized shield, without taking hull damage, so can you.

I don't even bother to fight, I just submit, run, wake out. Even in the Tritium hauler with no shields T9 I got away from NPC's. One of the big problems is to use the FSS to map a system when loaded with cargo or carrying missions, sure sometimes you have to, the only way to find a mission target, but there are still ways around that, sitting with your backside against the star helps a lot, pirates just burn up trying to get behind you.

Because he could full his ship up with goods, press the button to return to normal mode and sell to influence the BGS. Wat about modules he modifies in easy play mode that are much harder to modify in regular mode, do they get left behind? If everything is left behind what you are basically suggesting is a majorly expanded tutorial mode, where a player can do anything they want but lose everything the moment they enter the game proper, and I don't think that's what the OP wants.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm suggesting, but without loosing anything though. Think of it as a dual profile. If he want's open/pg/solo, he has to play by it's rules. If he doesn't, he can stay in his little sandbox. Kind of like an offline mode. I don't see a problem with switching between the two. It doesn't affect anyone else. It would be great for people with kids too. I could let them play Elite without them messing up my account. Thousands of games out there can have multiple profiles I don't see why ED cant.
X.

Top Bottom