Option to change names in the pool of given names for animals

Hello, my case is kind of special so I'll quickly explain

Basically my girlfriend who plays this game has anxiety/PTSD/depression since she was bullied in middle school, and as it happens some animal names that are randomly given (mostly to flamingos because she has a lot of flamingos) trigger her PTSD because they are the names of her harrassers

So I wanted to know if it would be possible to change the names that can be randomly assigned to animals!

Thanks!

First off I'm extremely sorry that happened to your girlfriend, bullying can be extremely traumatizing.

When I was a kid an Ahmed broke into my house and destroyed the place/stole some things (along with a few other people) it was traumatizing.

I can't relate to her situation, but personally I can't function in society if I have to avoid every single person named Ahmed and also avoid every single mention of that name from now until eternity....It's literally unreasonable and unfair to ask everyone else to change in my humble opinion. But that's my situation 🙃

If that name is in a movie/show, on tv, in an ad/book, on the internet or I meet someone in person with that name I don't ask them to change for me, it's unfair and unreasonable to burden the world, everyone has trauma we can't reasonably respond to every single person's trauma.

I mean that with all respect.

First off I'm extremely sorry that happened to your girlfriend, bullying can be extremely traumatizing.

When I was a kid an Ahmed broke into my house and destroyed the place/stole some things (along with a few other people) it was traumatizing.

I can't relate to her situation, but personally I can't function in society if I have to avoid every single person named Ahmed and also avoid every single mention of that name from now until eternity....It's literally unreasonable and unfair to ask everyone else to change in my humble opinion. But that's my situation 🙃

If that name is in a movie/show, on tv, in an ad/book, on the internet or I meet someone in person with that name I don't ask them to change for me, it's unfair and unreasonable to burden the world, everyone has trauma we can't reasonably respond to every single person's trauma.

I mean that with all respect.
I believe the OP would just like to change the code on his pc, so that in his game certain names don't pop up when breeding... That does not seem like an unreasonable question.
I agree that it would be unreasonable to ask the names to be changed for everyone...

I assume it works like a spreadsheet where, depending on the animal's location, it picks from a series of names.

Thus, I assume one can change which pool a species selects from and what names are in each pool. Possibly even making new pools and names

I fully understand this. I'm not in the same Situation but some Names just fill me with a little bit of Rage because they bring back bad Memories.
Probably a Modder could create a customized Name List for your Girlfriend. Of course this won't affect Animals on the Franchise Market but at least Animals that we're born in her Zoo and all Animals in other Modes won't have those Names.
@Leaf Productions I hope It's ok if I tag you here. Maybe you can do something about it or ask another Modder if they could do this

Yeah the name pools are located within the OVL's that contain the Loc files for all the name pools. It's probably really easy to just eliminate those names from the pool if you're interested in modding, it seems to be pretty simple stuff. Alternatively you can have the Flamingos pull from a different name pool.

Thank you all for answering!
Every update, she was wondering if they'd add this feature
I'll look into making a small mod I guess!

Edit:
I still believe that it would be great even for customization if they added this feature officially though!
I wonder if it'd be possible to transfer this idea to a community manager or something...

Last edited:
Top Bottom