Orange Sidewinder Error

Hi all,

Yesterday I cleared my profile to start again from beginning as having not played elite dangerous for a while, I wanted to start again. But now every time I try to go into supercruise the game freezes and then I get an error saying "orange sidewinder error" unable to connect to the servers. Yet my internet connection is fine and fast. I tried to reset my router and restart my PC but that didn't help either. Now every time I try to play the game and go into supercruise, the game freezes and I get the same error above. Any suggestions?

I am using the Horizon's expansion pack.

I have sent a ticket to frontier support and currently waiting for their response.

Hi all,

Yesterday I cleared my profile to start again from beginning as having not played elite dangerous for a while, I wanted to start again. But now every time I try to go into supercruise the game freezes and then I get an error saying "orange sidewinder error" unable to connect to the servers. Yet my internet connection is fine and fast. I tried to reset my router and restart my PC but that didn't help either. Now every time I try to play the game and go into supercruise, the game freezes and I get the same error above. Any suggestions?

I am using the Horizon's expansion pack.

I have sent a ticket to frontier support and currently waiting for their response.
Verify your game files, eventually disabling the file cache too.
However, i'm not sure if that would be helpful. An Orange sidewinder is usually a error related to a lack of connectivity between your game client and the FDev servers.

If you are using a VPN client, try without it. Also try to play in Solo instead of Open mode.

Edit:
Also, when you gen an Orange Sidewinder, it's recommended to always quit to desktop and fully reload the game (usually the Orange Sidewinder error will return you back to the Main Menu, but that will not recover the connectivity problem. Only a quit to desktop and a full reload of the game will have the chance to retry and (re)connect with the servers)

Last edited:
Verify your game files, eventually disabling the file cache too.
However, i'm not sure if that would be helpful. An Orange sidewinder is usually a error related to a lack of connectivity between your game client and the FDev servers.

If you are using a VPN client, try without it. Also try to play in Solo instead of Open mode.

Edit:
Also, when you gen an Orange Sidewinder, it's recommended to always quit to desktop and fully reload the game (usually the Orange Sidewinder error will return you back to the Main Menu, but that will not recover the connectivity problem. Only a quit to desktop and a full reload of the game will have the chance to retry and (re)connect with the servers)
Thanks for your response, I am not using any VPN clients but I did try verifying the local files through steam. Apparently that has solved the issue, I got message during verification that I was missing 12 files or something after the last update. So far I have played for 30-50 mins and have not encountered any issues, even multiple super cruise flights but no issues. hopefully that has solved the issue.

Top Bottom