Orange Sidewinder..

If you are getting the Orange sidewinder error every time you connect then until is patched there is only one possible solution.

I had this issue since hotfix 2, the only solution until they patch the issue is to reach out to frontier support https://twitter.com/Frontier_Help , they manually moved my cmdr and although i had to log into horizons first i was then able to log back into edo.

To be clear, this will only help cmdrs that cannot login at all, the random ctd's and disonnects for those that can login are frustrating but i doubt customer support will be able to help as that is an issue affecting all players right now.

My solution. I entered Horizont, moved my ship to a base in another system. I tried to enter Odyssey twice, the second time I entered.

Loaded vanilla and it errored stating I was too close to a planetary body and the client didn't support it. Offered to respawn to orbit, I am back in Odyssey now and got a Taupe Cobra when connecting to the adjudication server. Second time I tried to login was Blue Cobra connecting to adjudication server. Third login attempt succeeded.

Still Orange Sidewinder for me now, will try to boot into horizons and move somewhere else but Horizons in now downloading an update. This is the first time I’ve tried since Saturday.

Hi CMDR's I have a fix for you :) restart in another game mode, for me I switched from Odyssey to Horizons, it did give me warning about not able to do something because I was in a different game (no on foot Etc.) went into Horizons>Solo and docked at the nearest station, exit all the way out. re-started ED Launcher and went back into Odyssey.
Hope this helps all who are suffering the new buggy, launched it too soon game......
o7

Orange Sindewinder in Horiyons and Odyssey for me. Cant log into either of em since a disconnect during a jump yesterday.

I managed to contact the Support and they sent my CMDR to other system and the error was gone. I guess the only way to solve this is to contact them. :/

Logging in to horizons only and moving to a new system worked for me. Like someone above it wiped my key bindings which was pretty annoying but hopefully things will be better now

is anyone else getting orange sidewinders error codes when they try to enter the game? I’ve been unable to play since about midday. I’ve validated the files on steam and that didn’t help. I’m currently reinstalling it via the frontier loader to see if that does anything.
Same, and it's now Monday!

For people having the orange sidewinder bug in odyssey. I have a fix for some of you. This worked for me. First of all this happened to me when i was about 10 meters off the ground of a planet about to land and was disconnected due to orange sidewinder. So what i did is log onto horizons and fly to a nearby station, then proceed to go to the hanger. after this close the game and launcher. reopen the launcher and launch odyssey. hopefully this works for everyone that still has access to horizons. take care and safe travels o7. cmder Smifnoff out.

Top Bottom