Outside mission moneymaking in colonia

Hi guys
Anyone have any credit making advice for a Colonia noob with an Anaconda and an icourier outside the mission board

Ive heard alot of player groups are working out here for control and don't want to interfere minimal as it would be

Shouldn't there be a lot of pristine belts out there with all the painite you can wish for? So I'd say mining would be the thing to go for.

Sightseeing missions around Jaques. Several local stations offer them - Colonia Dream in Ratraii for example. You can stack these easily, as there are a few tourist beacons all right next to each other.

Gets a bit samey after a while, but easy money.

Missions are the big earners - short range VIP sightseeing especially so, though hauling out of extraction economies are also sometimes very high pay.

For other options:
Mining: lots of pristine metallic or ice mining opportunities.

Trading: there are lots of high-tech systems and lots of service economies. You can make ~4k/tonne taking medical diagnostic equipment from a high-tech to a service economy in Boom. (Catch: the service economies are all outposts, and there's no reasonable good to use on the return route; you may be better looking for 2k/tonne routes that work as a circuit)

Bounty hunting: the usual mix of sites is available. Kojeara has some unauthorised installations which are generally better than a HazRES or CNB for payouts. There are also plenty of warzones.

Exploration: you'll start getting first discoveries only 100 LY out, and there are plenty of high value terraformables, WWs, ELWs and neutron stars about.

However: if your motivation for avoiding missions is the effect on player faction BGS, bear in mind that any activity that makes you money will also affect the BGS - it's not just missions.

If you want to avoid affecting player factions much, there are still five systems which don't have any at the moment, so you could just do all your work there. Colonia, Ratraii and Tir make a decent cluster with a mix of opportunities, with longer trips to Einheriar and Pekoe possible.
(Additionally: Tenjin, Trakath, Saraswati, Coeus, Ra' Takakhan, Macrath and Randgnid have player factions present but those factions have generally been present for a while without making overt attempts to control the system, so you are at least for now probably not going to tread on any toes there either)

Fill Conda full of cabins and run back and forth from the tourist beacons by Jacques or fit a Python with cargo racks and run deliveries, the passengers is more lucrative each mission paying about 1.5m so 8 of those should take 10mins or so there and back is a cool 12m give or take cr potential for over 60m/hr. Boring as fk tho. You can scan all 3 beacons from the same spot to don't worry about which ones you take. I found Giles Starport was giving good missions.

verminstar

Banned
Stacked passenger missions because most the destinations are very close to each other...easy money but tedious after a bit. Or go down from jacques and get stuck into the vein of neutrons and farm those fer a few days also fer easy money.

With a lotta planetary outposts, finding a large docking pad can be restrictive in options but still doable. Just load up a python with cabins and bobs yer uncle ^

If you do the Jaques sightseeing missions you only have to scan the one beacon and it completes missions for the other beacons as well. Was working this way back in August, may have changed. I found Colonia quite lucrative. Once I finish a bit of shopping in the bubble Im heading back out. Much nicer neighbourhood.

I've wondered what the opportunities are in Colonia. I am getting ready to head that way but not if there's nothing there and I'd need to come back just to maintain a bank account or find something to do.

If you do the Jaques sightseeing missions you only have to scan the one beacon and it completes missions for the other beacons as well. Was working this way back in August, may have changed. I found Colonia quite lucrative. Once I finish a bit of shopping in the bubble Im heading back out. Much nicer neighbourhood.

The 2.4 update fixed that so now, one scan only completes one beacon/scan mission.

I've wondered what the opportunities are in Colonia. I am getting ready to head that way but not if there's nothing there and I'd need to come back just to maintain a bank account or find something to do.

It's basically a mini bubble the only thing you will miss are A rated modules, engineers and access to Thargoid content. Plus obviously most CG's are in the bubble. Otherwise it's possible to find all the same activities in Colonia.

Top Bottom