PvP Patch Notes: Did 'Griefers' Get Removed?

That and NPCs that interdict you just as you hit the 6 second mark on your approach to a station.

Once you buy that FDL and go full murderhobo you'll experience an even higher form of griefing: the NPC bounty hunter or cop that pulls you right as you pull the trigger to interdict that juicy T7 and it's not fair because it's your favorite ship to kill and it was shieldless and ahhhhhhhh

I mean...

I can quit whenever I want?

Wasn't 3.0 supposed to specifically target griefers? At least in the imaginations of the hopeful?
The day of our demise is coming.... any day now.... any day now....
'4 years later' any day now....

I have no clue what's going on in Elite, last I checked I was still banned for calling someone a "lady part" in game chat and I've been out of town on a business trip for the past week.

Last edited:
@mant3z

i have different opinion here

ganker -> attacks players with obvious superior fighting power. this can relate to pilot strength, ship strength or the number of ships. the attacked player is pvper and is looking for a confrontation with other players.

griefer -> the intentional and wilful attack and destruction of ships that are inferior to chance AND that do NOT seek the way players play against players. griefer force their way of playing towards them or destroy with their "game" the gaming fun of the others.

@mant3z

i have different opinion here

ganker -> attacks players with obvious superior fighting power. this can relate to pilot strength, ship strength or the number of ships. the attacked player is pvper and is looking for a confrontation with other players.

griefer -> the intentional and wilful attack and destruction of ships that are inferior to chance AND that do NOT seek the way players play against players. griefer force their way of playing towards them or destroy with their "game" the gaming fun of the others.

How do you discern the difference?

Easiest Fix for Griefers.
Dont Play Open.

Let Griefers Play in Open Alone and Grief each other.

As long as Frontier is unable to get a proper and working Crime and Punishment System that puts out Bounties that cant just be Parked Somewhere and that actually Reflect the Damage and Cost the Criminal has caused to someone else. Open will Remain a Griefer Heaven where Griefers will do as they Please.

So until that. The only Option you have is to make it clear to Frontier that Open to Griefers means Closed to everyone else.
Not doing that tells Frontier that you Bark but dont Bite and thus will Cry about Griefers but not really do anything about it so they can leave the Issue alone.

Easiest Fix for Griefers.
Dont Play Open.

Let Griefers Play in Open Alone and Grief each other.

As long as Frontier is unable to get a proper and working Crime and Punishment System that puts out Bounties that cant just be Parked Somewhere and that actually Reflect the Damage and Cost the Criminal has caused to someone else. Open will Remain a Griefer Heaven where Griefers will do as they Please.

So until that. The only Option you have is to make it clear to Frontier that Open to Griefers means Closed to everyone else.
Not doing that tells Frontier that you Bark but dont Bite and thus will Cry about Griefers but not really do anything about it so they can leave the Issue alone.

Open is not griefer heaven. The real problem, as stated before, is people complaining about being 'griefed'.

Well, I could still log in today, so that's good news.

Guess I'll resubmit my application to IED since I'm a certified non-griefer.

Surely they'll have no choice but to accept this time.
There was some delay in processing your application.
Someone had intercepted it, crossed out your name, and written in Ph|5tO S0|3@nii.

Basically, some scoundrel tried to steal your reputation.
Fortunately our FRAUD FINDER(tm) picked up on the obvious forgery.
Carol should have your paper work submitted by later this afternoon.

The Replicated Man

T
There was some delay in processing your application.
Someone had intercepted it, crossed out your name, and written in Ph|5tO S0|3@nii.

Basically, some scoundrel tried to steal your reputation.
Fortunately our FRAUD FINDER(tm) picked up on the obvious forgery.
Carol should have your paper work submitted by later this afternoon.

Can I join?

Top Bottom