Path and Queue 'Tiles' in the Buildings section

There's currently some difficulty building paths into buildings accurately, as you can't snap buildings to paths or vice versa, as well as shops being difficult to hook up to paths when they're near other shops.

You can kind of get path 'tiles' by using the shortest possible 4m-wide paths with angle snapping turned on, but it's still hard to connect those to wider paths, and it leaves gaps in corners and around elevated paths, like this:
aS923pXl.jpg

The easiest way I could think of to solve both those problems would be to add path tiles to Building mode. Like Roof tiles, but thinner and guests can walk on them like normal paths. That way you could make a building that easily hooks up to paths, doesn't leave gaps you can see through, AND you could copy and move the paths with the building if you need to. Throw in some sloped peices and you'd be able to make some complicated guest-friendly buildings. It'd also be a way to have elevated paths without having to have railings along the path all the time.

Oh, and you can do fake tiles already, so the pathing support should be there:
fFX03Grl.jpg

Queues would be cool too, but might be more difficult to set up.

Last edited:
Just about the same that i was about to post :) also would be nice if you could create 2 paths close together without them trying to snap together. (just a simple "don't snap in to anything" button might be helpful there?)

Not exactly related to the issue raised here but still concerning paths: I'd love to see a helix option for paths as well. Hopefully, stairs are coming in the future so that could be combined with this feature for spiral staircases. Also - but this too might be in the plans - any path+railings combination.

This is something I picked up on when sharing the screenshots below for a different reason in another thread and appears somewhat related to this discussion.

I've been greatly admiring the design work in the Alpha from user Silvarret on Youtube. He's been doing remarkable things already with the limited scenery items available within the Alpha, and over the past couple of days has turned his attention to designing a Disney-esque like Main Street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ccU4x219SU&ab_channel=Silvarret

Because he's designed the raised pavement slabs built into his scenery (out of roof tiles) to overlap a portion of the pathways, peeps clip through the scenery as they pass by. It has also meant his Chief Beef stall within the building is for show, as guests cannot access it directly without unsightly clipping. I noticed some similar design techniques in Frontier's own videos however, which has made me wonder if they were there similarly for show, or whether eventually the final A.I will allow guests to recognise raised surfaces and step up onto them, rather than clip through them.

From the Dev Diary 3 video:

JAbNRCR.jpg

Observe the curved corner stone slab in the lower left there. Part of the roof tile set in the Pirate Alpha theme I believe(?). Here Frontier have a couple of benches sitting on top of it. Again, is that purely for the sake of decoration or might guests eventually been seen to step up onto that surface and actually sit on those benches?

Likewise, and perhaps most interesting of all, have a look at this screenshot from the park walk through in the John Laws Q&A livestream:

HHeWUiz.jpg

Two benches and a trash can sit on the raised decking that overlaps a portion of the path surface, but the decking does not directly connect to the path surface. Could this be further indication that, yes, guests will indeed be able to step up off of pathways and onto raised platforms? It would be a fantastic touch if this is indeed the direction things are headed.

Is the screenshot above from the livestream indication that we will see path tiles like as suggested in the original post of this thread I wonder?

A little bit of me wants to suggest that Frontier just implement the path system from previous games, but that's restricting and limiting..

Is there any scope for a system like Cities Skylines? Click and drag to the desired length, then possibly click and drag it to the desired width to fine tune it?

I'm not sure what the answer is with this in fairness.. In RCT3, the paths (on the ground) didn't completely meet the buildings, it was only custom content and path overlays that made that happen... but they did with raised paths. So, surely this would be easy to put in? Have a different style if the path is raised?

Edit: Some-one beat me to the Skylines suggestion lol

Last edited:
I want a Path System Thats Like Real Life builders dont make curved paths because they are forced to they make it anyshape that suits there needs

I Would like to build angels path like in City Skylines [/url]

If paths handled like cities, I would absolutely never stop playing this game, ever. Paths are currently the most frustrating thing about the alpha imo, it's a constant battle to get the roads the way you want them to go especially since they constantly snap in places you didnt even want or tell it to.

Top Bottom