Paths and buildings

Ok, I am a bit confused on how buildings like this are created:

SAdEA4Y.jpg
(Credit to Davekuh - This is just an image he recently posted on this forum)

I am not understanding how guests use these...? I tried to create one big path and place building pieces on top of it, but my guests just walk through all of the walls I put down (given it is on top of said big path).

Am I doing something wrong?

Are these buildings created just for show and not really used in game?

As Heather said. The black / red barriers will prevent guests from walking over them. Use them to limit movement in interiors, gardens, displays etc. It’s a good way of making the path look seamless. Barriers buried into the floor still work. However most buildings are designed to not have to use barriers. Usually you place a path piece at the shop and then use the path grid to place inside. Typically a complicated building will have pathing instructions in the description.

My advice - download blueprints such as your example and see what is buried into the ground / walls to see how they do it and then mimic in your own builds.

you use the kerbs or barriers to keep people where you want them to walk.

Ok, that makes more sense now. (Sorry, I'm pretty new)

So just to be clear, you make a large area path, create a building on top of it, and then put barriers where walls are in the building you are making?

As Heather said. The black / red barriers will prevent guests from walking over them. Use them to limit movement in interiors, gardens, displays etc. It’s a good way of making the path look seamless. Barriers buried into the floor still work. However most buildings are designed to not have to use barriers. Usually you place a path piece at the shop and then use the path grid to place inside. Typically a complicated building will have pathing instructions in the description.

My advice - download blueprints such as your example and see what is buried into the ground / walls to see how they do it and then mimic in your own builds.

Awesome, this helps a lot. Thanks!!!

Top Bottom