Release Notes PC 1.2.1 Update

Brett C

Frontier
Hi All,

This morning we have released a small update to the Desktop/PC. This update does not apply to Playstation or the Xbox platforms.

Here is the changes / updates for this version...

• Stability fixes.

As always, please report any issues found to our bug reporting forums.

Hi All,

This morning we have released a small update to the Desktop/PC. This update does not apply to Playstation or the Xbox platforms.

• Stability fixes.

Please add the actual notes, this is some freshman in college level stuff not a professional. Also when will we be getting Better AI, and actual management stuff along with a story for the game that you all touted to much, or was that false advertising?

Please add the actual notes, this is some freshman in college level stuff not a professional. Also when will we be getting Better AI, and actual management stuff along with a story for the game that you all touted to much, or was that false advertising?
All of those changes are going to take a couple of months… I don’t see any of that happening anytime soon

Still at work so haven't been able to test update, doubtful that it will fix the game crashing my video driver though, only game that crashes it, though I've been wrong before. Guess we'll see tonight

Thank you!

Thanks for an amazing game! and fast patch! My game has been stable from day one and I run Steam as Admin. Maye this might help some users? Anyways set Steam EXE to run as admin. My specs Win 10, Asus ROG laptop, I-7 7700HQ CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 System ram, GTX 1070 full sized STRIX GPU 8GB DDR 5. Game is installed on a SSD. Game setting on ULTRA 1920x1080 120mhz G sync display.

Good to see it receiving patches so fast. But it would be nice to see what was actually patched.

The only really annoying bug I've seen is when it keeps scrolling in a direction sometimes after using the Steam overlay. Other than that it is very stable and runs smoothly on high settings on my GTX 970 :)

I do have fun with this game, but better AI and mechanics with dinosaurs is the only thing I care for in expansions. But I highly we will ever see that, because it's a movie tie in I feel like most things should be expected as simply false advertising.

I actually feel there's a decent chance of marine and flyers being added, but it isn't what I care about, there will be only a few unique things added to those particular kind of creatures while the mechanics remain the same.

Just a little heads-up to the people not used to a Frontier game: Frontier's modern games have the business model of "games as a service".

This means that The Jurrasic World: Evolutions we have to play today is the first iteration. The game will continue evolving with new content and mechanics, both as free updates and as paid-DLC. I would also expect small dino packs or new dino colors to come as micro-transaction style DLC. If you like the game and want them to continue development you can buy the DLCs to help Frontier pay their devs to continue improving on the game long into the future. As it sits right now, they are working to repair aspects of the game that are broken at launch, anything from minor bugs to stoppers that are preventing some from playing the game. After this, I expect that they will continue work on the features that weren't ready at launch that they have either discussed or shown off in the past.

I have had no major bugs, the game loads quickly, and I am enjoying what is available. I also have a very capable while not overkill gaming PC which is likely to be similar to systems that Frontier would have used to validate the game before shipping it out. I have unlocked the 4th island but still working on the 3rd to unlock all the goodies. So far the only bugs I have seen is the Jeeps acting dumb and smashing into the gates before they open and the UI bug when starting the 3rd island that is fixed by going back to a previous island and then going back to the 3rd island again.

I hope that everyone else can enjoy the game now as I can. If you are unable to get into the game, submit bug reports and wait for the game to be patched or, if you think that launching a game in the state that it is in is unacceptable, get a refund and maybe try again later.

Sorry for this long little post but I have seen a lot of complaining on this thread so I figured I would give an opportunity for the new players to learn about what they are buying into with a Frontier game.

Just a little heads-up to the people not used to a Frontier game: Frontier's modern games have the business model of "games as a service".

I hope you are right and I've already heard similar to what you have said. I have no experience with Frontier, so there's that plus this being a movie tie in rushed to release with the film, normally those get pretty much dropped or minimal after release content.

Yes of course I've rather have a complete game at launch, but this seems tailor made to become really great with just some minor additions to the mechanics even.

I hope you are right and I've already heard similar to what you have said. I have no experience with Frontier, so there's that plus this being a movie tie in rushed to release with the film, normally those get pretty much dropped or minimal after release content.

Yes of course I've rather have a complete game at launch, but this seems tailor made to become really great with just some minor additions to the mechanics even.

I can tell you that they did this with planet coaster... they updated and patched problems with that game and did not just ignore it. They added many updates in features after launch so I would think that they would not ignore this game as well... I have no reason to believe they wouldn't treat it the same as there other titles they have released.

I hope they do fix the movement keys so that when you bind up and down to the up and down arrow keys, it doesn't work. It triggers the left menu build bar and when you push up or down, it scrolls that menu instead of the camera. Very annoying and I haven't played the game since till they fix that. I can wait. I always use the arrows to move cameras (and you could do it in planet coaster) so I hope that is an easy fix for them.

Please add the actual notes, this is some freshman in college level stuff not a professional.

Speaking as a professional in software development, these are most certainly actual notes when it comes to certain fixes that the customer cannot test, or would have no use in reading. For example, would you get any benefit out of reading "Fixed memory bloat from a dangling pointer caused by a node from a competing graph intersecting with the original node." ? Didn't think so.

Last edited:
error

Hi All,

• Stability fixes.

how come ERROR pop's up all the time saying operation failed and when i try to go from 2nd island back to first one it takes me to main menu

Speaking as a professional in software development, these are most certainly actual notes when it comes to certain fixes that the customer cannot test, or would have no use in reading. For example, would you get any benefit out of reading "Fixed memory bloat from a dangling pointer caused by a node from a competing graph intersecting with the original node." ? Didn't think so.

Nope. However a "Fixed bug that caused excessive memory usage and subsequent slowdowns" would have been helpful in the case you described ;-)

I can tell you that they did this with planet coaster... they updated and patched problems with that game and did not just ignore it. They added many updates in features after launch so I would think that they would not ignore this game as well... I have no reason to believe they wouldn't treat it the same as there other titles they have released.

I hope they do fix the movement keys so that when you bind up and down to the up and down arrow keys, it doesn't work. It triggers the left menu build bar and when you push up or down, it scrolls that menu instead of the camera. Very annoying and I haven't played the game since till they fix that. I can wait. I always use the arrows to move cameras (and you could do it in planet coaster) so I hope that is an easy fix for them.
I'm also with the other guy. I'm a big fan of Frontier Development, I bought Elite and Planet Coaster, and for those two, I can also attest that both game received massive updates over time. Yet, I can't shake this bad feeling about JWE.

I used to work in the marketing communication business and I deal plenty with third party IP on some clients. All I can say, it was nightmare. Things that we can say, things that have to be put on order, colors that can be combined with the main colors, and when... For Elite and Planet Coaster, Frontier has free reign of what they can do, but does it have the same control over Jurassic World Evolution?

Color me skeptic, 1 hour in, I still love the game, but there's this nagging feeling that this game will never get anything except for some minor tweaks, things that are allowed by Universal as the IP owner of the Jurassic World brand... I hope I'm wrong, I truly do. JWE is still a good game, but not full price triple A good.

Top Bottom